Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 07-28-2012, 10:43 AM

I'm so sorry about your disaster. May I suggest you take the stitches out next to the embroidery. Stuff the back of the bouquet with a LOT of batting until the design is raised and the puckers are filled out, making it very three dimensional. It should look like it was designed to be that way on purposed when you are finished. Make the puckers work for you not against you. Good luck on whatever you do.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
I'm taking a break from my quilting to embroider onto some little 3 month size onezies for a new great-grandson. However I don't have the smallest size hoop for my Brother; so, I will have to make an applique and sew it on. The pattern that I want to use is so cute, but it seems stiff for the little knit onezie. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I don't know how to reduce the number of stitches in a purchased pattern. The pattern is from Embroider Library.
As someone who has done dozens and dozens of onesies, I am sad to tell you that many (even most) embroidery designs just aren't suitable for super soft knits like onesies. just reducing the stitch count won't necessarily improve the design, and may make it not work at all. I generally prefer outline or appliqué designs. You can use the heavier designs on little sweat shirts in a few months when the weather cols off.

If the design just has to be used on the onesie, use at least one layer of polymesh as the stabilizer and put another layer of polymesh under the onesies when you appliqué the design. The soft knit will not support much embroidery with a tear away like is frequently recommended for patch appliqués.

Pam
Old 07-29-2012, 05:38 AM

Thank you.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Lane View Post
Thank you for the emb. sites. I checked them out. They have great designs.
Me too! the Pixies Rule designs are very nice!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
I'm taking a break from my quilting to embroider onto some little 3 month size onezies for a new great-grandson. However I don't have the smallest size hoop for my Brother; so, I will have to make an applique and sew it on. The pattern that I want to use is so cute, but it seems stiff for the little knit onezie. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I don't know how to reduce the number of stitches in a purchased pattern. The pattern is from Embroider Library.
try hatchedinafrica.com for designs. they aren't very dense and stitch out nicely on things made for kids. it's a great site; family run
Old 07-30-2012, 12:58 PM

A couple of years ago I embroidered some designs for a few different quilts. One is a set of Sunbonnet Sue. The other set are Alaskan themes that remind me of when we lived in Alaska. Our son was born there so I thought I'd make a quilt for him with some manly colors! I think I even have some with Japanese and Geisha designs..since we lived in Japan for 3 yrs. Anyway...I plan to get them all out and put each set in big zip lock bags and then I will be able to see them and hopefully the mood will hit me to get busy and make some blocks for the various quilts.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Swap Hosts

Speaking of embroidering Sunbonnet Sues ... here is a little quilt I just made for a swap. Unfortunate placement of the Betsy Ross Sue ... Looks like she's about to get her head snipped off!
Attached Thumbnails july-2012-doll-quilt-full.jpg   july-2012-doll-quilt-3.jpg  
Old 07-30-2012, 01:40 PM

Quilty-Louise,
I am so sorry that happened. I hope you were able to fix it. ((HUGS))
Old 07-30-2012, 04:33 PM

K that is a nice quilt. Poor Betsy!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
K that is a nice quilt. Poor Betsy!
Well, Betsy is a tough old gal. She know that working with scissors can be dangerous.