Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 04-15-2012, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Love2Craft View Post
Do you know if this program will convert from HUS or PES etc to ART format?
If that one doesn't try this free one. It does alot. It's free unless you want it on CD then it's 14.99.

http://www.freesierrasoftware.com/

Last edited by romanojg; 04-15-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: forgot link
Old 04-15-2012, 07:43 AM

If you want a double-sided design, you'll need to change bobbin color every time you change the top thread color, but it works out fine. Use a water-soluble stabilizer (provided your scarf is washable).
Old 04-15-2012, 03:27 PM

I have a Brother 4000, and a Brother Quattro 6000, love them both. I make lots of embroidered quilts.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:42 PM

I have a Janome 12000 and have made two quilts on it. I embrodiered designs on the quilts just to see what it could do, and what are the limitations. My pictures are posted in earlier posts under "pictures". I had a Babylock Quest b/4 getting the Janome; and still have it. I've compared the two machines .
I like the Babylock for winding bobbins, you can wind the bobbin while you are quilting. I also think it makes a better bobbin. The Babylock is a quieter machine; and I like the needle plates better on the Babylock. The Babylock bobbin is a vertical mount, and the Janome is a horizontal mount; I prefer the Janome.
The Janome has a cloth guide that attaches to the embrodiery arm can adjust your seam allowance. Janome has a 1/4" foot, two dual feed feet, two zipper feet ( haven't used them yet). It has so many different stitches, over 400, includes videos on the machine to instruct how to do various functions. Lets you know when the bobbin is low; if something is wrong with the machine like a thread break, wrong foot, wrong needle plate, etc.

Which do I prefer; I honestly can't say. I am going to sell my Babylock to help pay for the Janome, even though I would like to keep both of them.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:00 PM

Wow what a great thread. I have been reading for hours now. hehehe I have learned so much. I have Brother SE400, have only done a few things on it. I love doing FSL I guess I am not motivated to play much because it is such a small emb. area. I really would love to get a machine with bigger embroidery area. I see several of you have purchased used machines. Do you go through your local dealer or private? If private what is a good way to make sure you are getting a good machine? With the expense I am kind of scared to go with a private seller. Thank you for this thread. It is a big help.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Love angels View Post
Wow what a great thread. I have been reading for hours now. hehehe I have learned so much. I have Brother SE400, have only done a few things on it. I love doing FSL I guess I am not motivated to play much because it is such a small emb. area. I really would love to get a machine with bigger embroidery area. I see several of you have purchased used machines. Do you go through your local dealer or private? If private what is a good way to make sure you are getting a good machine? With the expense I am kind of scared to go with a private seller. Thank you for this thread. It is a big help.
My Viking #1 (the one that I'm selling to help pay for a new one) I got from eBay only because I got a 2yr warranty for it. I am really thankful for that. I had issues trying to get it to sew right and sent it back to them. They were great to work with. I bought my Viking Ruby also used but it only had 7 hrs on it; I new the previous owner, she is a teacher at the LQS where I bought it. I got a warranty, instructional classes and monthly free embroidery classes. I agree, especially with the last machine and the expense I wouldn't have been able to feel comfortable buying from an individual. I got a great deal on it from the LQS adn 7hrs isn't bad; the previous owner just decided right away she wanted the latest model. I knew I wanted the largest hoop area that I could get. Next I'm getting the endless hoop and taking the class to be able to use it to it's fullest capabillity.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Swap Hosts

If you get it privately I would sit down with the owner and have her show you how it works. You should be able to see her take it through the paces, including taking designs from the computer and uploading to the machine. But machines do have troubles from time to time, so for the minor amount you'd save buying privately, I would opt for a dealer. You will pay a little more, but they will have checked it out completely before selling it to you.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:26 AM

Did I mess up yesterday when I tried to help out. It is Wilcom. Type in Yahoo or Google Wilcom true sizer and you'll see a couple of places to download for free. After you download and you want to open a file, it probably will tel you that it is not compatable, but say o.k. to that. I guess it is because of the freebie. If you have any questions, after you download, please e-mail me and I will help you.

QUOTE=labug;5140674]Freddier what is wilson true sizer?[/QUOTE]
Old 04-16-2012, 06:34 AM

I have almost the same exact machines as you, only my general use machine is the 6000 MC. I agree on the multi-tasking too. It works GREAT!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by lagniappe View Post
I have a Janome 11000SE that I use for embroidery work and a Janome 6600 I use for general sewing. I know my 1100o can also do general sewing, but using them the way I do, I can multi task and sew on one and embroider on the other!
I have almost the same machines as you, except that my general machine is the Memory Craft 6000 (Janome ) I agree about the multi-tasking too.