Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 04-18-2012, 06:04 AM

[QUOTE=Love angels;5144363]Wow what a great thread. I have been reading for hours now. hehehe I have learned so much. I have Brother SE400, have only done a few things on it. I love doing FSL I guess I am not motivated to play much because it is such a small emb. area. I really would love to get a machine with bigger embroidery area. I see several of you have purchased used machines. Do you go through your local dealer or private? If private what is a good way to make sure you are getting a good machine? With the expense I a
m kind of scared to go with a private seller. Thank you for this thread. It is a big help.[/QUOTE

I have the same machine and do not plan to go bigger. I bought mine on amazon for 310 dollars and it does a good job. the designs are big enough for me and a person can do continuos designs and a lot of different ideas for making a design look larger. i am not one to complain, but this machine does not have speed control button for embroidery but it does for regular sewing. no biggie i guess.

jjmmhh
joan
Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 AM

Okay I have been following this thread and I am very confused as what machine is best. I want to invest in an embroidery machine but don't know where to start. Any sugguestions?? I don't was to to go over $500.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:50 AM

I have a brother InvosD. I love the Disney aspect of it. I have not used it for a quilt, but find most of the embroidery goes to enhance children cloths and bedding.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Swap Hosts

Wow, what a difference!

Here's a question I have. A week or so ago my Brother PE-770 needle threader stopped working. I've done everything recommended. Needle up, foot down, but no luck. Got any ideas? She's not due for a tune up for a while, so I don't want to bring her in quite yet.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:13 PM

I have the PE770 too. I use the needle threader occasionally, but most of the time it seems faster to do it manually. I put a narrow piece of white cardstock behind my needle opening, so I can see the hole better. (Of course not with white thread. On my Janome sewing machine the threader gave out right away, so I had no choice in the matter. Thank goodness my eyesight is not too bad. I am sorry, that I can't help you otherwise. I have e-mailed Brother before with a question and they have been very good answering me . Did you register your machine with them when you got it? If not, let me know and maybe I can do it for you.

Here's a question I have. A week or so ago my Brother PE-770 needle threader stopped working. I've done everything recommended. Needle up, foot down, but no luck. Got any ideas? She's not due for a tune up for a while, so I don't want to bring her in quite yet.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Swap Hosts

I did register the machine, but have no clue where to ask for help.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Banned

Contact your local Brother dealer ask about warranty repairs.

As you know I have little higher end Brother model 1500D
5 weeks after bringing it home and 4 weeks after I started
using the machine my complete auto threader fell off right
in the middle of my embroidery project.

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I did register the machine, but have no clue where to ask for help.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Has anyone asked PatriceJ?
How do you ask Patrice? Might we need a bigger concensus to get this done? (Getting our own space on the board like the Antique sewing machines, etc.)
Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=jjmmhh;5150636]
Originally Posted by Love angels View Post
Wow what a great thread. I have been reading for hours now. hehehe I have learned so much. I have Brother SE400, have only done a few things on it. I love doing FSL I guess I am not motivated to play much because it is such a small emb. area. I really would love to get a machine with bigger embroidery area. I see several of you have purchased used machines. Do you go through your local dealer or private? If private what is a good way to make sure you are getting a good machine? With the expense I a
m kind of scared to go with a private seller. Thank you for this thread. It is a big help.[/QUOTE

I have the same machine and do not plan to go bigger. I bought mine on amazon for 310 dollars and it does a good job. the designs are big enough for me and a person can do continuos designs and a lot of different ideas for making a design look larger. i am not one to complain, but this machine does not have speed control button for embroidery but it does for regular sewing. no biggie i guess.

jjmmhh
joan
I need to find out how to do continuous designs. I have seen some designs done this way and they look great. I will have to take the time to google it or something. Maybe that would change my mind. I also would like to be able to right out names. to personalize gifts. Just need to spend more time playing and learning.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:44 AM

It's my understanding that the design has to be designed for continuous embroidering. I haven't found that many in the designs that I liked.