Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 04-28-2012, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sandra Craig View Post
I have a brother 600-II I have embroidered many baby quilt squares some I sent pic. of to this board don't remember how long ago at least 5 yrs. they are probably floating arround out there some where. but just jump in and start learning to use the embroidery unit. one thing I do when I make quilt squares is use freezer paper stabilizer I cut the paper bigger than the hoop then quarter fold it, cut your quilt square bigger than you want the finished one to be. (embroidery change the size some) quarter fold it, match up the folds with your freezer paper and iron them together then hoop it matching the fold lines to the centering marks on the hoop. embroider and tear away the freezer paper.
What is the largest hoop that this will work with? What is the densest stitch count the paper works with? My current design has over 65,000 stitches on my large hoop.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by lonestardreams View Post
That is a great idea. How does that get done? It would sure make it easier to follow this thread.
I don't think it's going to happen. I asked PatriceJ and she said she has no plans for an embroidery thread. *sniff*
Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 PM

I just found this thread and love it. Since discovering ME my quilting has taken a back seat for sure. I first got a Brother SE 400 then upgraded to a Brother PE 770 for its larger hoop. I recently took the plunge and bought the Brother Quattro2 which is amazing. I hope to learn and share a lot on this thread!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I don't think you are way off base. They have areas for recipes, etc. This isn't crafts; we are sewing. Yes, you can decorate with it but you can do that with quilts. I love to quilt and I'm excited about bringing my embroidery into my quilting to really expand on it. When ever I see anything with embroidery on it I read it. It's not like we are doing pottery; we are at the sewing machine and alot of us are using it in our quilts which I love and I love see all of the wonderful pictures of things that are being done. It gives this newbe a lot of hope.
I agree. It would be so nice for these to be in one place. Embroidering, machine or hand, is definitely quilt related. I'm making quilt labels right now on my embroidery machine for several baby blankets I just completed.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I don't think it's going to happen. I asked PatriceJ and she said she has no plans for an embroidery thread. *sniff*
Too bad. Embroidery and quilting are a perfect match.

With less and less time to get everything done everyday, it's always nice when something is easy to find and work with. Oh well.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:23 AM

I have been paying $4.98/yd for Pellon stabilizer Heavy weight. It's the heaviest, thickest I have been able to find. Does anyone know of any that heavy that is cheaper? Or a source for that stabilizer that is cheaper?
Old 04-29-2012, 05:36 AM

Wow! They are gorgeous.
I recently got a Brother Inova 6000 and am learning by trial and error. I must admit I use it all the time for sewing and seldom for embroidery. I have been thinking about trying a little redwork type quilt, but it doesnt seem to get past the thinking stage.
I went to the store that carries brother and asked about a class on what stabilizer to use when but they dont have anything. I'm thinking that is where I need to start.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:17 PM

Tanya; I purchased a 50 yd roll of stabilizer @ Discount Embroidery Supplies a couple of years ago. They generally have great prices onlots of embroidery supplies and no shipping!! What I purchased is a tear away, and it is quite heavy for tear away. You didn't mention what type you would like other than heavy weight. A thought for you is, instead of a trying a very heavy stabilizer use more than one layer. If one layer of your heavyweight isn't heavy enough you can add an additional layer. If it is so thick that you can't hoop it then 'float' it under your hoop after your stabilizer & project are hooped. You can baste in the hoop so it won't move (if your machine has that function) or use a spray adhesive like KK2000 , spray the additional piece of stabilizer in the hoop area and attach it to the bottom of your hoop area. HTH

http://www.discountembroiderysupply.com/

Last edited by Divokittysmom; 04-29-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom View Post
Tanya; I purchased a 50 yd roll of stabilizer @ Discount Embroidery Supplies a couple of years ago. They generally have great prices onlots of embroidery supplies and no shipping!! What I purchased is a tear away, and it is quite heavy for tear away. You didn't mention what type you would like other than heavy weight. A thought for you is, instead of a trying a very heavy stabilizer use more than one layer. If one layer of your heavyweight isn't heavy enough you can add an additional layer. If it is so thick that you can't hoop it then 'float' it under your hoop after your stabilizer & project are hooped. You can baste in the hoop so it won't move (if your machine has that function) or use a spray adhesive like KK2000 , spray the additional piece of stabilizer in the hoop area and attach it to the bottom of your hoop area. HTH

http://www.discountembroiderysupply.com/
Thank you so much for this site. I checked it out and will be placing an order shortly. Love FREE SHIPPING!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
Wow! They are gorgeous.
I recently got a Brother Inova 6000 and am learning by trial and error. I must admit I use it all the time for sewing and seldom for embroidery. I have been thinking about trying a little redwork type quilt, but it doesnt seem to get past the thinking stage.
I went to the store that carries brother and asked about a class on what stabilizer to use when but they dont have anything. I'm thinking that is where I need to start.
The best information I have ever gotten on Stabilizers (I have the same machine you have) is from a dealer who carries Floriana threads and stabilizers. In fact, if you ever get the chance to go to a Floriana seminar offered at many dealers, please go. One of the primary focuses there is on which stabilizers to use for certain projects.
They generally give you, at the seminar, a CD with all the how to use information on their stabilizers. Great info.