Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 11-03-2013, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Fab-ra-holic View Post
OK all you embroiders, for anyone who has Janome MBX Digitizer program, is it compatible with Windows 8. I just purchased a new laptop today and I don't even want to open the box until I know I will be able to use my MBX program.
Please help!!!
I have digitizer jr and had to do a free update to work on my windows 7 so check out their download site. Gale
Old 11-07-2013, 08:57 PM

Cute!! Love this idea!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by badaisie View Post
If anyone has a problem with the uptake thread coming out with their viking, there is a fix for it now. This causes your embroidery to snarl up and bird nest underneath.
I have had this problem before.What is your fix? I end up sitting there with my finger guiding the thread and this is NOT very productive.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by gragra View Post
I have had this problem before.What is your fix? I end up sitting there with my finger guiding the thread and this is NOT very productive.
My dealer put a new uptake thing on my machine. Works much better, however, I still have fraying of thread occassionally. Will take it back in the next time I am headed in the direction of my dealer.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
My dealer put a new uptake thing on my machine. Works much better, however, I still have fraying of thread occassionally. Will take it back in the next time I am headed in the direction of my dealer.
It seems that when I have a fraying problem it is time to change my needle. The problem decreased a bit when I went to embroidery needles rather than universals and it also depends on the size of the needle for the project. I do have a tendency to use my needles as long as I possibly can rather than tracking the number of stitches, so if I am doing a project and the thread frays 3X, I change it.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:24 AM

Default Charity pattern

I volunteer at a local hospital and they try to keep a supply of soft toys on hand for any kids that come in. I found a pattern on Urban Threads that makes an adorable little rabbit that is the perfect size for little hands. I used some fleece I had left over as it takes so little. I think they are really cute and perhaps someone out there is looking for a project.
Attached Thumbnails bunnies.jpg  
Old 11-10-2013, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
I volunteer at a local hospital and they try to keep a supply of soft toys on hand for any kids that come in. I found a pattern on Urban Threads that makes an adorable little rabbit that is the perfect size for little hands. I used some fleece I had left over as it takes so little. I think they are really cute and perhaps someone out there is looking for a project.
Cute! I've downloaded that pattern too, but have not tried it out yet.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:09 AM

They redesigned the uptake lever. I went through this for so long and was wasting a lot of thread and stabllizer. They kept telling me to do this and that. I even emailed Husqvarna. Then one day someone said Oh I know what is wrong, they have a fix for that now. Took it in and they fixed the uptake lever and am doing sooo much better...
Old 11-11-2013, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Gransews View Post
I have a Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Deluxe and use the professional 5D embroidery system. A gentleman named Tim Frost, known as Mr. Patience writes instruction books and conducts online classes for this software. I'm currently working on quilted car trash bags. New to quilting and hope to use the EM to crate quilt squares with the floral designs for my next project. New to quilting and just finished a t shirt quilt.
have you taken any of Tim frosts classes or used any of his books.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
I downloaded this but haven't made it yet. Did you make it out of polar fleece? They are really cute!