Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 11-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Banned

Oh my you DO have your hands full. Sure wish I could help you in some
way.

However you are in my special thoughts HUGS.

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Hi Louise! I bought another PE 770. I really like the machine and don't think I need a bigger hoop, so I'm happy.
Now I can finish my Fall placemats before Fall is over and gone ... although it feels that way since we had a big ice slick this morning.
Will read my PMs. Have been so tied up lately with the decision to sell our land/house, figuring out what to keep from the garage loft and attic (do I really want to pay for a storage space for this stuff?), hiring a crew to clean out what we was rubbish (Filled a huge dumpster!) hubby's surgery, my own health junk, nagging my son to quit his dead end job, and my aunt passing away -- and the ensuing nonsense with my control freak sister, and, of course, catching up on quilting and stitching!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:33 AM

Tree of life pic on the picture page
Old 11-13-2013, 11:42 AM

Digitizing programs can be expensive.. it is best to have some lessons also... I downloaded Embird free demo and haven't figured I out yet and I have used Janome, Brother and Viking programs ... probably like Janome best. Wish I could figure out Embird.. it is cheapest ... even tho I have others there may be something different that I would use on Embird. Need to read tutorials and see what I can figure out before I buy it. Floriana has a professional program my friend bought ON SALE FOR OVER $2000! and it is just for toy( like me) not to make $$$ . COME ON LOTTO!!! lol
Old 11-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Swap Hosts

Yikes! That's a lot of $$$$. Never tempted. I still am nowhere near using all the designs I've purchased and downloaded for free.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Katiedid2 View Post
Tree of life pic on the picture page
The Tree of Life quilt is BEAUTIFUL. You did a wonderful job on it. Thank you for sharing your amazing work!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:49 PM

Well I did it! I set myself to download all of my embroidery designs by year date and month with title and how many designs for each in a folder for each year (that's 3 yrs total). I will tell you it was daunting and I have filled up 6 binders. The binders are two of each yr., Jan-June 2011, July-Dec. 2011 and so forth. I cannot tell you how liberating this feels! I honestly don't know how many designs I have its too mind-boggling but I can say its well over 2,000! So now that it is done I made cover sheets for each binder with the dates on them to know where to find them and have each receipt for all the designs (from embroidery library website) and separated them all into their months. Does it make sense? Yup to me it does! Krystyna sorry your machine bit the dust but I'm sure you're happy now that you have a new one and one that you are familiar with as well. Quilty Louise long time I haven't seen you on here and glad to see you're doing well. I went to the Floriani event last mth and must say I enjoyed all the information and bought some more thread. My LQS sells the thread holder box for 30 spools at $15 instead of the $30 I've see online so I got 3 right now and I'm going to put my thread in by color scheme. I have so many projects to do and feel now that I have my designs where I want them I''m ready to embroider. Trust me I will post pics! Krystyna HUGS sent your way!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:07 PM

I have embird and love it. I does the everything I need it to do. Wish you lived closer because we have an embird club here. We have several people who get together once a month and learn new things on embird. The program does fantastic things. Don't be afraid to call embirds help desk. They are there to help. Also watch you tube. Has some good help there. Yahoo groups have a couple of groups on embird. If you be willing to come to Fort Dodge Iowa, we would all love to give you a hand. Where in Illinois do you live?
Old 11-13-2013, 06:08 PM

My first time posting on this thread! I have a Husqvarna SE. Love it!
I am doing some quilting on placemats, runners, small quilts, etc. I haven't used the quilting designs on quilts before, the actual quilting stitches.like say a snowflake outline. Anyway, I am wondering if you use or would use a quilting thread or embroidery thread. And also I see that on Embroidery Library they have single and double run designs, which would be best?
Laurel
Old 11-14-2013, 09:34 PM

I used cotton for background and scrapes
Old 11-15-2013, 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=IBQLTN;6401005]I downloaded this but haven't made it yet. Did you make it out of polar fleece? They are really cute![/QUOTE)
I did use polar fleece. Also did a couple out of flannel, but like the feel of the fleece better. They are so easy and fast to make.