Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 11-12-2013, 02:24 PM

I have a Janome 9000 and and really haven't learned to use the embroidery functions. I have just started quilting and
love the above posted quilts!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 PM

Default Double wedding ring on emb machine

Digitized this and having fun with it... not expert but good enuff for me.
Attached Thumbnails dwr2-2-.jpg  
Old 11-12-2013, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Katiedid2 View Post
Digitized this and having fun with it... not expert but good enuff for me.
Bravo! I wish that I had your skills.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:56 PM

Default Digitize

I love to digitize and did these a long time ago and now I can't remember where I put designs! Haven't done this type design for awhile... used a color book for pics I like applique so have been trying that.
Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg   6.jpg  

7.jpg   8.jpg   9.jpg   10.jpg  
Old 11-12-2013, 10:03 PM

I have BrotherPR600 and 2 Janome( 10000 and 11000) my dream is the Babylock Ellisimo or the newest Janome...if I win the lotto!! lol
Old 11-12-2013, 10:08 PM

yes just did anita goodesign tree of life!!! designs are great
Old 11-13-2013, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Katiedid2 View Post
yes just did anita goodesign tree of life!!! designs are great
What fabric did you use? I have the foundations collection but haven't used them yet. So glad to know someone has made one of the quilts using the Anita Goodesigns. Would you post a picture?
Old 11-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Swap Hosts

Well my Brother PE 770 just went into retirement. I've had it for three years and it served me well, but after Hurricane Sandy I had it into the shop twice -- at $125 each time. Not sure if the banging around and dampness had anything to do with the problems.
Over the last couple of weeks it has been shredding thread and getting into a snarl in the bobbin case. I did everything including taking the casing off the top to check for wayward thread (helped by a Youtube video).

I decided that rather than pay another $125 or more at the repair shop that I was using, I'd call the shop where I purchased it online -- Mr Vac and Mrs Sew to see if they did trade in's. They didn't. Happily they are a short drive away. Surprise! I told them I was ready to buy a new one rather than keep paying for repairs. The last one was for a burr on the bobbin case and Mrs Sew told me that I could have just bought a new bobbin case for $25! She said it was ridiculous to buy a new machine. They told me to bring it in and they'd look it over for free!

Mr. Vac did everything I did and then some but it was still doing awful things. Sending it back to Brother was going to cost more than I wanted to spend at this point, so I told them I wanted to buy a new one. Mrs. Sew tossed in a huge case of thread, a case of pre-wound bobbins, a thumb drive and a tote! I am one happy camper!

And now I have the old one to play around with in my spare (haha) time! Actually, the guy who did the Youtube video is one of their customers so I'm going to contact him to see if he can work his magic on it.

Mr Vac and Mrs Sew did give me some excellent tips - put your bobbin in counter clockwise. It makes a difference!

Mr. Vac told me never to use titanium needles. He said if there was something that caused the needle to break you wanted it to break rather than damaging something in the machine.

A long time ago I was having another issue and called them up. He told me not to use the spool cap. I stopped and haven't had an issue since.

Happily stitching with their thread -- which is wonderful!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Banned

Krystyna,

Sorry to hear that your 770 had to be retired after such a short life.
But I agree it would be better to stop spending money on a machine
that just wouldn't work right.

I am happy that you got a great deal on a new machine. Is it the same
kind or a totally new brand/model?

I sent you a pm last week, don't know if you got it or not haven't heard
from so didn't know.

Hope you and the family is doing well.

Can't wait to see some embroidery from the new machine.

Quilty-hugs to you.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Swap Hosts

Hi Louise! I bought another PE 770. I really like the machine and don't think I need a bigger hoop, so I'm happy.
Now I can finish my Fall placemats before Fall is over and gone ... although it feels that way since we had a big ice slick this morning.
Will read my PMs. Have been so tied up lately with the decision to sell our land/house, figuring out what to keep from the garage loft and attic (do I really want to pay for a storage space for this stuff?), hiring a crew to clean out what we was rubbish (Filled a huge dumpster!) hubby's surgery, my own health junk, nagging my son to quit his dead end job, and my aunt passing away -- and the ensuing nonsense with my control freak sister, and, of course, catching up on quilting and stitching!