Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 12-08-2013, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by yorkie luv View Post
Does anyone have the Floriani software?
Yes I do - I really have a hard time as do some others, but if your computer smart and know all the ends and outs of
computers there are some that do more things than I can even belief.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:15 PM

Default Mug Rugs for Christmas

I am so excited that I finally figured out what I was doing wrong to post pictures. Anyway here are the mug rugs I did on my embroidery machine for Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails pc080190-640x480-.jpg  
Old 12-10-2013, 05:26 PM

Almond those are just gorgeous!!!! Love the designs and the colors!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Banned

Everyone is doing some awesome embroidery work I LOVE seeing
everything posted.

I am even very impressed with all you "newbies" to embroidery.
So happy to know that all of us have place to go to ask questions,
get advise and share in our completed projects.

Wish I would have found a group like this when I started embroidery
in 2007. Who knows WHERE I could be today had I found a wonderful
group like this.

Cheers to ALL of you for making this one of my TOP 3 threads to follow
here on the QB.

Happy Holidays to ALL of you.

Quilty-Hugs!

Louise
Old 12-11-2013, 08:27 AM

Almond, they are fantastic. You have certainly been busy. Did you do them completely in the hoop or did you do the embroidery and then put them together? I can see them as great teacher gifts.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:31 AM

As yet, I don't have my FSL angel put together for a pic, but am working on it. In the meantime, I tried a couple of ornaments and decided to try serger thread thinking it would be thinner and make less bulk on the ornaments. It worked like a dream. So, back to another angel. Since the serger thread worked so well with the ornaments I thought I'd give it a try. The angel body has 37,000 stitches, lots of bulk, and doesn't seem to like serger thread. About 45" into the stitching I got a major birds nest and had to cut it out of the machine. So back to the other thread. I just read in the new CME magazine that generally designs are digitized for 40 wt thread. Good to know.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
As yet, I don't have my FSL angel put together for a pic, but am working on it. In the meantime, I tried a couple of ornaments and decided to try serger thread thinking it would be thinner and make less bulk on the ornaments. It worked like a dream. So, back to another angel. Since the serger thread worked so well with the ornaments I thought I'd give it a try. The angel body has 37,000 stitches, lots of bulk, and doesn't seem to like serger thread. About 45" into the stitching I got a major birds nest and had to cut it out of the machine. So back to the other thread. I just read in the new CME magazine that generally designs are digitized for 40 wt thread. Good to know.
It took me two holidays and lots of trial and error to get serger thread to work. At first I though it was because it was old so I bought a new spool. Sometimes it go a while before it started breaking. Here is what I discovered. Use 2 or 3 layers of heavy duty WSS, a large sharp needle and slow down your machine. This Easter I was able to create all of my grandbabies and my kids thier own baskets. I didn't want to use rayon because it is so expensive and I didn't care if it had a sheen on it. I knew the kids would be rough enough on them so why spend a fortune on them. I did alot of my ornaments like this as well.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
It took me two holidays and lots of trial and error to get serger thread to work. At first I though it was because it was old so I bought a new spool. Sometimes it go a while before it started breaking. Here is what I discovered. Use 2 or 3 layers of heavy duty WSS, a large sharp needle and slow down your machine. This Easter I was able to create all of my grandbabies and my kids thier own baskets. I didn't want to use rayon because it is so expensive and I didn't care if it had a sheen on it. I knew the kids would be rough enough on them so why spend a fortune on them. I did alot of my ornaments like this as well.
Good to know. I attempted another one last night & it worked. I also went to a 14 needle instead of an 11.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
Good to know. I attempted another one last night & it worked. I also went to a 14 needle instead of an 11.
Great, I'm glad it worked for you. I love the look of rayon but its not always about the look. Especially if I'm testing the design, I don't always want to use my expensive thread. I've even used my Aurifil on small areas, where I didn't have the right tint or color called for. Since it was a small area you can't even tell it doesn't have the shine.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:53 AM
Swap Hosts

Lots of free embroidery designs here - go there quick - the site is coming down early January http://www.abbots-embroidery.com/index.htm