Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 11-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom View Post
I still am totally enamored and fascinated with my machine embroidering! What a miracle!! My grandma would be totally blown away by how far things have come since her beloved treadle!!
I think I've wrote this before. My mom does beautiful hand embroidery. So does my youngest DD. There are 5 yr olds that can do better handwork than I can, it's one of the reasons I wanted to get into machine embroidery. My mom wants nothing to do with my machines, she says it's cheating. We laugh about it because she does love the things I've made for her and my dad.

Cari
Old 11-30-2014, 02:38 PM

I am hoping to fire up my embroidery machine this winter and have some fun.I have not used that part of my machine for too long to say.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:44 AM

I tried out a new spool of thread yesterday. it was a robinson anton 40 weight and the colour was metallic black. it was very shiny, but did not look the same as say the tinsel look of typical metallic thread. i was ready for trouble. surprise, it stitched perfectly and all i did was slow the machine down a tiny bit and back off the tension a tiny bit. no needle change. just thought i'd share this because it's the right time of year for sparkly threads.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:33 PM

Default Mylar

Originally Posted by almond View Post
The web site quilty-louise posted are great source of Mylar info. Our teacher always brings our supplies. Yes, you need the special mylar and it can be washed and ironed. I have always used patterns special for mylar and just lay it on top of fabric and let the machine do it's work and yes it is very simple to take off the extra. I loved the way the orange and red mylar looked in the designs. I have also made greeting cards using the mylar patterns. Are really cute.
I took a Mylar class at All brands Sew & Vac - I really liked it we made book marks. You can order mylar, or
like someone said buy at dollar store, or as my teacher said she used mylar ballons, i just bought 3 to try out.
Ballons without air, seems ok. 3 colors $3.00. Now i just need time to try it out, that is really hard to come by
lately.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
I so totally agree with this. I have all my designs saved on several flash drives, a datastick, and external driveS and than some.

Although I have gotten a ton of free designs I also have invested a good amount on other designs and not about to lose any of it.

I just this past week spent the time to organize them in folders and named many of them so I could easily find them in various categories. Had not done this earlier on and it was a mess trying to find things. I even color coded my flash drives by where I bought the designs so if something happens I can go back to that site and re-download it if need be.
Iam in the same spot trying to organize it a mess, it really better to start off right. Tried to get someone to do it for me, now it is really a mess they did not understand embroidery designs and i have changehow to open etc.
I must say to others organize, sort, etc.from the start. Sometimes I think I could use a better brain,.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:22 PM

Smile thanks!

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
The software that comes with the machines is the organizer. Even though its limited it is a great organizer. One of things that I love is that if you click on a design and then click on the pair of scissors at the top it'll add trim commands to designs that have lots of jump stitches that you'll have to trim off later on. You can't digitize as far as creating designs. I'm going to give you a website that offers so much. The guy has written books on the software and has lots of free tutorials and is even overing video classes for sale now. My Viking teacher says she loves his books and uses them herself even though she was trained by Viking. He has things for 4D and 5D; they are both pretty much the same. It's a good way to learn. I bought 5D Pro this past yr and I'm now taking classes for that along with my monthly embroidery club. I'll answer anything that I can. The website is mrpatience.com I hope this helps. If you need an answer right away then PM me and it'll let me know, instead of waiting for me to find this thread. Good luck. http://www.mrpatience.com/
Thanks so kind of you!
Old 12-01-2014, 08:16 PM

Very nice, great job!
Old 12-01-2014, 08:28 PM

How wonderful, looks great!
Old 12-01-2014, 10:00 PM

I have a Brother Dreammaker VE2200 which is about my 4th Brother embroidery machine. Each one has been traded up for a newer model. I love the Brother, it is has loads of user friendly helpful additions, they are majorly user friendly machines in all aspects of operation. I use Embird as my embroidery software, not for digitizing, there are enough professionals out there without my feeble attempts :-) most digitizers have free samples which are great to see how the designs stitch out, before purchasing. At the moment I am stitching out hexagon placemats, completely done in the hoop, they are brilliant. I purchased them from Kreative Kiwi Embroidery, absolutely brilliant, "In the Hoop Christmas Table Toppers".
This machine also handles Metallic threads brilliantly, have used some really cheap metallics, slowed the machine down to 350 rrp, was using a Superior Topstitch needle, it just stitched away, no problems.

Last edited by Jennja; 12-01-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:42 PM

I'm considering buying an embroidery machine, so I can do monograms and letterings for my Etsy business. Budget is preferably not more than $3000. Heard about the Brother NV1250D, which is great for FMQ too. However, I also heard that the embroidery fonts are rather small, and can't do big monograms. Any comments on this? Or advice on other brands and models which can do big embroidery monograms and is good for FMQ? I thought of Bernina but it's way beyond my budget!