Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 03-22-2014, 02:42 AM

Katia, congrats on your smart purchase! I bought the Janome 9900 in November and I love it!! I upgraded from my Janome 9700. I am BACK using the embroidery! If you have any questions about yourmachine, ask!

I purchased Embrilliance software with Alpha Tricks.i have been playing with "in the hoop" projects for months....something I never did with my 9700. Love my 9900. It is priced right and is feature rich IMHO and experience.

the big question.....red or teal faceplate??

sandy
Old 03-22-2014, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
I had a Babylock Ellageo for many years and recently sold that one and purchased a used Pfaff 2170. I did many embroidery projects with the old machine so I purchased on ebay one of those embroidery thread assortments. The old machine would stitch with anything. .

I bought 3D Software (and got the free upgrade to 4D). Loved to software and decided to upgrade the machine to something that could interface with the computer. Love the new machine - but have found that it is very particular about thread (much like the Vikings which I sold). So much for all that thread. :cry: :cry:
Funny---I did the opposite of you---had Pfaff 2170 until it blew up on me & had motherboard replaced, I had not used it very much either! Then traded for the Ellageo and love love that machine!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:10 AM

I got a new janome 350e, it works well till I change a thread, and then the upper thread gets tingle in the bobbin case....I rethread few times, changed tentions, open the plate and clean everything, change fabric....nothj g seems to help...any suggestions??? Thank
Old 03-22-2014, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
I got a new janome 350e, it works well till I change a thread, and then the upper thread gets tingle in the bobbin case....I rethread few times, changed tentions, open the plate and clean everything, change fabric....nothj g seems to help...any suggestions??? Thank
Do you always stop the machine after first stitch & pull up the bobbin thread? I had to do that with my 350, that keeps it from getting tangled.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:52 AM

Thanks....May be this is the problem....I though that since It does cut the thread outomatically, it shouldn,t be a problem since it stays on the surface of the plate ( under the hoop ).... I will try to follow your advice...Thanks
Old 03-23-2014, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Skratchie View Post
Katia, congrats on your new machine! I hope you have many years of happiness with it. I do like the Janome embroidery machines; they do some beautiful work. I think you will love it.

I just bought a Brother DreamCreator VM5100 last Friday and I am LOVING it. I have done a couple of embroidery designs on it but they are not well digitized. However, I have 11 more of them to do, as they are for a quilt I'm making my SIL. Tonight, I'm going to try one of the designs that came on the machine just to assure myself that the problem I'm having is with the digitizing and not the machine.

I obviously haven't read all 260 pages of this thread, so don't kill me if it's already here, but is there a chart of stabilizers that I can use? I had an embroidery machine up until this time two years ago and sold it - it's amazing how much one can forget in that time frame. I seriously need a refresher course on some of this stuff.
Just about every machine's website has a stabilizer list on it but one of the best ones is rnkdistributing.com, its for Floiani and it tells you what to do with each kind, but its not a hard set rule, sometimes you have to play but it's a start. Emblibary.com also has tutorials on it, alot of the different design sites also have tutorial, I check them all out for different ideas
Old 03-23-2014, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
I have a Brother and was having the same problem. I spent so much time (and frustration) taking apart, putting together, rethreading, etc that I was about ready to quit. What I found is the bobbin, rather the way I fill the bobbins. Put the thread through the little hole in the bobbin, put it on the filling mechanism and hold the tail while the bobbin spins. When it's full, then cut the tail as close to the bobbin as possible. If the little tail happens to fall through the hole while it's filling I will end up with a birds nest while stitching. I hope this makes sense. Watching my bobbins has made a world of difference for me.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:58 AM

I had a Pfaff 7550 many years ago, and then upgraded to the Pfaff 7570 as soon as it was released. For several years I did lots and lots of embroidery, but I haven't done much at all in the last four years or so. One problem is that the Pfaff designs software doesn't run on the new versions of Windows. I did get an external floppy drive and loaded the software, but it would not run, even when I tried everything the techies suggested.

So a couple of years ago I did some more research and then bought a Vikant Ultimate Box II from allbrands.com. It is supposed to be a work-around for my inability to run the old Pfaff software. I put it in the closet and have never tried it out, as I was then taking up quilting.

Actually, I only started learning to quilt because I wanted to make the Rebecca quilt, which is an embroidered and quilted wall hanging. Pictures of it are here: http://www.angies.co.nz/rebecca_quilt_project.php The creator is Angie Spong of New Zealand.

So all of this getting the Vikant Box II, etc., was done so I could export Angie's Rebecca quilt embroidery designs from my computer to my Pfaff 7570.

So, since I have learned to quilt sufficiently enough (I hope) to do the Rebecca quilt, it's time to get my embroidery unit in gear.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:31 AM

So, I don't know if photos are welcome in this thread; if they aren't let me know and I'll remove it. But I wanted to illustrate why I will never be without an embroidery machine again. I have tried to learn to FMQ. I've taken classes, I've practiced, I've even done it on a couple of quilts. But this is one skill I have not been able to master. Back when I had my Brother 2500D (sweet machine, btw. I was an idiot to sell it) I would use it to do embroidery to "tie" quilts. People loved it, and it made quilting a LOT easier for me. After I sold that machine, I thought I'd learn to FMQ; it just wasn't happening. And now I'm tired of SITD, straight line quilting, and the like.

I'm making a quilt using the Green Eggs & Ham fabric from the Dr Seuss line, and when it came to the quilting part, I was totally stumped. It's not a kid's quilt - it's a nostalgia quilt. I didn't want anything too childish and I didn't want to modify an existing embroidery design. So after a bit of searching, I found a border at emblibrary.com that employs stars, and thought it would be perfect.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469286[/ATTACH]

Now, at least, when I present this quilt to the recipient, I won't be terrified of what they'll think about the quilting! I don't care if others think it's cheating; I never claim to have FMQ'd it.
Attached Thumbnails quilting-detail.jpg  
Old 03-29-2014, 07:36 AM

Skratchie, I love the embroidery machine quilting border. That is wonderful. How did you make them come out even with one another?