Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 02-08-2017, 06:45 AM

[QUOTE=Cari

I've never had to format a USB stick, I buy them put designs on them and put them in my machine or most of the time I just run them from the USB to save memory space on my machine, which will help it run better.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
pewa88, I don't have your machine but I do have a couple of others and one thing that I've always been cautioned about from different teachers, most machines have problems using large USB sticks. I guess that's why most come with a 2 or 4G. I know that its nice to have every thing on one stick but the machines don't always like it. Can't hurt to try a smaller one, they are really cheap.
I've never had a problem using sticks as large as 8G in my Janome machines(200e, 350e and 500e) until yesterday. I regularly switch sticks between machines with no issues. Well, I finally did it. I was going to use my 350 yesterday, loaded a few designs onto a stick I've been using alot, mostly with my 500e, and the 350e wouldn't read the stick. Nothing, nada showed up. I've used this stick before in the 350e so it must be that it has too many designs on it. I put the stick into the 500e and it worked, so had to use the 500e to do the embroidery. Now I know that if an 8G stick has too many designs it won't work in my other machines, and I'm wondering how many more I can put on it before the 500e won't read it.

Cari
Old 02-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=romanojg;7759803][QUOTE=Cari

I've never had to format a USB stick, I buy them put designs on them and put them in my machine or most of the time I just run them from the USB to save memory space on my machine, which will help it run better.[/QUOTE]
What machine do you have? All 3 of my Janomes the stick wouldn't work unless it was first formatted in the machine. I run designs from the stick too unless I edit something and might use it again, then I'll save to the machine memory.

Cari
Old 02-08-2017, 05:33 PM

Dilemma solved. I finally talked with a lady that works at the sewing shop where I bought the machine. The problem I was having was not placing the files into the EMB folder and then into the EMBF folder after sending them to the USB stick. After she explained that to me it worked. PTL. I tell you I was literally in tears. Those machines cost too much not to be able to use them out of the box and then think it is a big problem. I was stressed. I also found that technical support from Janome is poor! They actually refer you back to the dealer. But I am up and running now and the machine is great, so much faster and better stitch quality than my 300E. I have done 2 burp cloths and 3 bibs for the new grandbaby.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:07 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by pewa88 View Post
Dilemma solved. I finally talked with a lady that works at the sewing shop where I bought the machine. The problem I was having was not placing the files into the EMB folder and then into the EMBF folder after sending them to the USB stick. After she explained that to me it worked. PTL. I tell you I was literally in tears. Those machines cost too much not to be able to use them out of the box and then think it is a big problem. I was stressed. I also found that technical support from Janome is poor! They actually refer you back to the dealer. But I am up and running now and the machine is great, so much faster and better stitch quality than my 300E. I have done 2 burp cloths and 3 bibs for the new grandbaby.
I have had great support from Janome, yet that was a few years ago. It can be a learning curve, but once you get beyond that, it is fun from there,
Old 02-08-2017, 09:02 PM

Well, I am glad to hear you had solved your problem and even more that you told us how you actually did it....we all have learning curves in the way and we all learn from each other in here....
Old 02-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Banned

I should have caught that, I'm sorry. I've been using my machine today and boy, I tell you I've got designs all over the stick. Some in the EMBF folder, other folders in the EMB folder, and when I hit the "up" button at the top of the screen I found two more folders I don't remember putting in there, lol. My stick is a mess, I should just delete it all and start over.

Cari
Old 02-09-2017, 09:55 AM

What is the difference between an EMB folder and an EMBF folder?

I'm still a beginner but want to understand as much as possible. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-09-2017, 10:14 AM

Sushi, From what I can understand is that the EMB is the file and the EMBF is a sub file or inner file within EMB. If I am not correct, someone please chime in. I do know that any USB stick that you use must be formatted by the machine itself before you can transfer designs to the stick. Hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:55 PM

Thanks pewa88. While I still don't have a good grasp, you've given me a stool to stand on