Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 05-06-2012, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by tnjacke View Post
I am loving this, about an hour or so ago, I signed in on the Board to read about quilting. I just got my new Singer Futura Quartet SEQS600 a couple weeks ago and been trying to learn. I was thrilled to see an embroidery thread going. Sure wish it was a separate section, like receipes, photos, etc. It would be so much easier to read. I have not read anything on the quilt section since I saw this. I have now subscribed to it and hope to visit it more often. I see there are many like me that are newbies even though machines were purchsed earlier.

I bought my machine from HSN as it had the best deal with the software included and I liked the fact that it can use many formats if needed. I have other machines for quilting and garment sewing so this one will be strictly for the embroidery only. I did buy the 5 hr tutorial CD from HSN, it said it was for the earlier Futuras but I am finding the basic software programs are very similar and it has helped me tremendously.

I hope the moderators will reconsider and give us a separate section. Or maybe someone who is computer smart with the internet could start a forum just for the Machine Embroidery... we could discuss quilting on it too... I am one also. LOL
I know that there are embroidery forums on yahoo but I like being able to come here so it'd be nice if they'd add us to the list along with the machines, recipes and organizing, etc. I think we should blend in just fine.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Here it is, Connie - Indian Delight. The colors are remarkable. The packages come quickly and with free bindi!
these are really pretty and I think the price is great. I can see me ordering some before the next holiday season rolls around. Thank you so much.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by sylviak View Post
Guess it might be easier on a QAYG! Does the type of batting make a difference? I've got a lot of warm and white on hand, but I also use a lot of poly batting for the GK's that want it "puffy", LOL!
According to Fons and Porter the poly isn't as good as the cotton for QAYG.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:46 PM

Hi, Crafty,
Yes, I, too, have an embroider which I haven't used yet for my Bernina 440QE. I also have a Brother, about 15 years old, which I have used in the past for some fun things. Emjay
Old 05-06-2012, 07:10 PM

I have a futura, the extension you want is for pes files. Go sign up with OPW and you can get free patterns to start out with until you get used to the machine and the also have several good people who digitize the patterns.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:30 PM

I have a Brother Innovis 4000D and use Embird software for all my embroidery needs - changing formats, combining patterns, decreasing/increasing designs and generally viewing and unzipping zip files. Don't use it for digitizing - enough embroidery patterns out there without my bumbling effort. :-)
Old 05-07-2012, 04:18 AM
Banned

I bought the Floriani Suite Pro digitizing software in
January when I bought my new Brother 1500D, but
so far the only thing I have done is installed it on my
desktop computer.

Haven't learned how to use it yet, when I have the time
to go take some training classes I don't have the extra
money, but when I have the money there isn't any time
(been working 2 jobs last few weeks).

It IS my desire to learn how to use my software so that
I can convert my logo into a digitized design and put it on
items.

Originally Posted by Jennja View Post
I have a Brother Innovis 4000D and use Embird software for all my embroidery needs - changing formats, combining patterns, decreasing/increasing designs and generally viewing and unzipping zip files. Don't use it for digitizing - enough embroidery patterns out there without my bumbling effort. :-)
Old 05-07-2012, 06:45 AM

I bought the florani software also. I have not figured it out yet! Sure is not as easy as the demonstrator made it look! I did make a label got it sent to my machine and it sewed out great...then I looked closer and discovered I spelled the name wrong! So I quit, will wait till I have time to play with it!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by LoriJ View Post
Ok, I have a question for all you embroidery experts out there. What kind of stabilizer would I use with this? It's 100% rayon, texture and drape mimics pashima silk. If possible, I'd like to have a double sided design on the ends. Theorys, suggestions??
I think I would use Floriani's iron on mesh. It stabilizes without ruining the drape.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:26 PM

Whoops - when I suggested the Floriani iron-on mesh, I forgot that it's a scarf. Use a lightweight tear-away stabilizer such as Floriani's tearaway mesh in the hoop so you can remove the extra stabilizer when you finish the embroidery.