Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Magnetic Hoops Used for Quilting on Embroidery Machine? >

Magnetic Hoops Used for Quilting on Embroidery Machine?

Magnetic Hoops Used for Quilting on Embroidery Machine?

Old 01-07-2021, 04:35 PM

Default Monster hoop

Originally Posted by doreenfeb View Post
Not true the dealer must not sell them
The monster hoop has the strongest magnet
Old 01-08-2021, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by lfletcher View Post
I have been told not to use magnets around computerized machines. I'm not sure if this is true, but thought I would pass it on just in case. (It does kind of make sense that it would mess with the computer.)
That is not true. I have the Husqvarna Epic and have the magnetic hoops. The magnets with those hoops are so strong they are hard to pull apart. We were told by the company that it would take a HUGE magnet (not something we would have) to affect anything. No problems. The hoops are HV made for the machines.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:04 AM

This sound interesting I now have to go and check this out. All new to me.
Old 03-05-2021, 07:52 PM

I have been using them on the Brother Ve2200 and now on the Stellaire - no problems, one of the top Brother seller carries and sells them. They make hooping so much easier if you have problems hooping or with your dexterity.
Old 03-21-2021, 05:17 PM

Short answer: NO. Long answer: https://fashion-incubator.com/magnet...ewing-machine/

Kathy

Old 03-21-2021, 05:19 PM

I have the DIME monster hoop. I love it, and use it more than any other hoop. I've used it for ITH purses (I think I've done 15 for myself, family and friends); edge to edge quilting. free standing lace etc. etc. etc. Expensive, but worth it!

Kathy
Old 07-20-2021, 06:16 PM

I'm using the Janome AciFil tool kit on a 550e.The magnetic hoop very easy to use and accurate to line up..... Zoo
Attached Thumbnails img_5365.jpg  
Old 07-21-2021, 05:05 AM

What hoops do you have? I was told by DME that they do not make any magna hoops for the 15000.
Are you referring to the clips that come on some Janome hoops. These are not magnetic hoops. The magnahoops are great and fit alot of machines. They do have some for the 500e, but not for other Janome Machines. I have called them every year for 6 years to ask them to include the 11000 and 15000, so far, to no avail. If this has change, please post the DME hoop you use.

Old 07-21-2021, 05:16 AM

It's O K to use magnets around the embroidery machine. When the first embroidery machines came out, we were told not to use magnets, but as time went on, the embroidery machines improved and have more protection, so we don't need to worry anymore.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by linda8450 View Post
A while ago I purchased the DIME Magna Hoop. I was very disappointed, as it wasn't as strong as it would need to be to hold a quilt. I have a Viking Diamond, so I purchased four of their magnets. Still not thrilled, as 4 was not enough. Got 4 more and that was great! But every time I wanted to move the quilt to a different area, I had to deal with EIGHT magnets!! Not long ago I attended a DIME demo, and they had drastically improved the Magna, and now it is the Monster Hoop. I was over the moon! STRONG magnetic ring the same size as the metal hoop! I ordered it and it is WONDERFUL! They have a hoop for almost every machine (ordered custom for your machine) so they fit your clamp, etc. I use it all the time, moves easily when you want it to, but doesn't move when it is slightly bumped like the original did. Several sizes available and comes with a plastic "board" to store between the magnet and the ring (trust me, you don't want to let them touch, you won't be able to separate them!) I just ordered the top magnet, since I already had the ring. I can eve do applique and not disturb the hoop position while trimming. I have completely removed the hoop to fix a bobbin issue and replaced it with NO issues! I love the Monster!
I'm glad to hear this as I am waiting on the Monster Hoop from DIME. I have the Epic 1 and have Husqvarna's magnetic hoops which work great but I needed a larger magnetic hoop. My friend got the DIME for her Epic 2 and did a king sized quilt with it and said it did great. She did custom on it. It was a lot of work but it was beautiful when she was done. The magnets from Husqvarna are very strong. Our machines are not affected by magnets.