Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: $2000 to spend which machine?

Blog Entries
    I spent $999.00 on my Brother NX650 and it has been worth every dime. It comes with a knee lift, quilting and free motion feet, (plus many others) automatic threader, needle up, needle down buttons, and best of all, a 17" table! It even has three alphabets to embroider. A good SOLID machine. I've never had to take a Brother Machine in to be serviced or repaired, if that means anything. Good luck and enjoy shopping. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Go to Sew and Save in Westerville and see what you like .

I love my Pfaff too; Pfaff 2170.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    My pfaff is my favorite!

Blog Entries
    I'm with the Janome 6600 girls. Bought it one year ago and absolutely love it. I sold my Bernina 1100 and updated to the Janome. It has so many great features for quilting. I guess all the new ones do. My best friend has the Babylock Espire and the two are alot alike.

I have a Babylock Quilter's Choice and love it. I also have
    the Ellure. I would love to upgrade to the Symphony.
    I have had my Quilter's Choice for a couple years and have
    not had a minutes trouble out of it and if I did it was the operators fault (mine)

Brother has nice machines with the wide arm - double lites, easy to use. Enjoy mine.

Sandyl, I have a Husqvarna Designer 1 for sale for $2000. I just measured it and from the needle over it's 7.5 inches. The machine has been sewn on for 69 minutes. It has software (never installed)and an embroidery unit that hasn't been used. Pretty quilts can be made with embroidered centers. Machine cost $5800 when bought.

which kind of brothers do you have

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mic-pa
    I would check the Janome dealer, I did, and bought one that was a demonstrator and I love it. Got it at a good price 2 yrs ago
    I don't think Janome has a wide enough throat. I hope you find what you want and please keep us posted. I doubt I would ever have that amount of money to spend on a machine of my choice, but it's fun to dream!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolynW
    Sandyl, I have a Husqvarna Designer 1 for sale for $2000. I just measured it and from the needle over it's 7.5 inches. The machine has been sewn on for 69 minutes. It has software (never installed)and an embroidery unit that hasn't been used. Pretty quilts can be made with embroidered centers. Machine cost $5800 when bought.
    Why are you selling it?

you better add about 3,000 more!

you better add about 3,000 more!

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    I love my Janome 6600 but if I had $3000 to spend I would buy the 11000! But then I'm partial to Janomes. I think you can find a Bernina in that price range though.
    Ditto, Ditto!

i have the janome 6600 and it has a 8-3/4" throat. and i know the janome 7700 horizon has more than that but i'm not sure exactly how much more.

I have a husquvarna Sapphire 870 I love!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dojo36
    i have the janome 6600 and it has a 8-3/4" throat. and i know the janome 7700 horizon has more than that but i'm not sure exactly how much more.
    I have a cheaper model, but it's throat is about half that! I dislike that part so much. Wonder if I could trade up for one. That would be a wish for the money! LOL!!

I have a Husqvarna Sapphire 875 Quilt machine. Bought in Sept. for $2200. 10" between the needle and the body of the machine. That large space plus some of it's other features where what made me pick this machine. Bernina will not have that large space between the needle and the body - no matter which model you pick. Plus Bernina's prices are much more than other companies. For sure bring fabric and thread you'll be using along with you to try out the different machines and just sit there and try out some different things. Try fmq on a sandwich you bring along.

yes,definitely try out a lot of brands..i used to go on saturdays when i worked and i must have tried at least 8 different machines...went back several more times..then spent a few more months thinking about it and finally made my decision..a bernina that i oh so love..since you may have cash in hand dont get too excited or you may be sorry..also at quilt shows you can get great deals..have fun with it..

The new Janome Horizon is around $2500 - $3000. I bought one in August and love it. It has a wider and deeper throatplate, has lots of great features. Go to their website janome.com and check it out. I have had Berninas for the last several machines. I still like them and they are very good machines but I love the features on this Janome.

WOW thanks for all the replies! Went to Worthington today and tried out the Bernina Aurora 440 QE. And brought it home. So, now I have my Harley just like my hubs. Bernina. Harley. Bernina same same. right? I got the Stitch regulator with mine and the other feet as well. Also ordered the embroidery module in case I want to delve into embroidery someday. Great deal on this particular machine, but I don't know how long it will last. $2899 without the module. Also I will be getting lessons for both. I've arrived. Now if only they had a leather bernina jacket. ha (referring to the Harley of hubs again)

You can always embroider the Harley part on a leather jacket once you learn that part of it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grandma sue
    The new Janome Horizon is around $2500 - $3000. I bought one in August and love it. It has a wider and deeper throatplate, has lots of great features. Go to their website janome.com and check it out. I have had Berninas for the last several machines. I still like them and they are very good machines but I love the features on this Janome.
    every time i go to my lqs and see that 7700 i just slobber all over it - i want it so bad but gotta wait another year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by AngieP
    which kind of brothers do you have
    My favorite is the QC-1000 price about $2000. Think the Laura Ashley Limited edition replaces this model.
    Also have a NX450 - smaller,although the table is quite big, approx 60 stitches, 3 alphabets, just as easy to use - approx $1500.

I just got a Brother, Laura Ashley Limited Edition. It's under 2000, but not much. It has the larger throat, all sorts of stitches. It cuts the thread, the needle threader is a dream (I'm still in the Honeymoon stage) Brother makes the Babylock guts. My other machine is a Bernina Aurora 440 and I like the Brother better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast