Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: !5 minutes a day challenge

Quote Originally Posted by pookie ookie
    One block a day suits me. Wanna start posting pix of whatever suits us?
    ABSOLUTELY!

me too! I'm in.

I LOVE the piano practice application.
    If I had discovered that principle when I was a child, I might have applied myself to piano more, but alas! I didn't learn of it until much later in life, but I highly recommend it (as you have) for all musically inclined individuals. Teach it to your children. You will have given them a tool for much success in their lives.

So! I bet you want to know what the typingest cheerleader of the group has been done.
    I am currently working on the Quiltville.com mystery quilt and have finished Part 4. Now, since I didn't bother to do the math to see how many strips I needed to make, I just pulled out strips and fabric until I figured I had enough (Did I ever tell you how absurd I have always considered "estimation"?)
    I have completed Part 4, but I have a bunch of strip sets left over, so this AM, before doing the things I HAVE to do, I decided (since I need the table my sewing is on) that I would complete cutting all the strip sets into the two patches with matching 2" square and be done with it.
    I figure - - I will either have enough blocks to make two complete mystery quilts, OR, I will be well on my way to making at least two more baby quilts as well as the one mystery. And, when I get these all cut, I will go back through the bits and pieces that became new scraps, stitch them together into whatever blocks they become or bunkhouse braid and will have sashings for a good many projects.
    How am I doing so far? LOL

Not doing so well with the challenge. For some stupid reason I decided to install pegboard on my wall. That meant moving a lot of stuff so my DS could get to the wall. Then I got caught up in 'rearranging' things and trying to decide what to put where on the pegboard. I sewed for 20 minutes last night but didn't make much headway ... kept making mistakes, my mind is reeling from some news I got yesterday.

Yesterday I was informed that my COBRA health insurance will run out the end of this year (YIKES) instead of November of 2011. It seems we got a letter stating we could extend mine for 11 months after hubby goes on Medicare but that was a mistake. DH goes on Medicare due to disability retirement in January but I have NO INSURANCE. Am dealing with Fibromyalgia injections, some balance issues, and a knot in my neck they have decided to do a CT scan to see if I need a biopsy! Need prayers that's it's only an enlarged lymph node and that the antibiotic will make it go away.

I'm trying really hard not to panic! I'm going to be 58 in a 11 days ... changing from current job with no benefits to another job with benefits will be virtually impossible. Will try and get private health care but one quote I got was more than I bring home in a month! It seems I continue to get more and more opportunities to trust God ... I wish he didn't have so much confidence in me (LOL)!

Peggy

I am totaly with you. I attempt to do 30 - 45 minutes a day. It really does make a difference. I hate it on days when life really gets in the way and I do not get to my sewing room.

So yes - 15 minutes a day does wonders!!

Blog Entries
    This is so funny. When I saw the topic I thought you were going to challenge us to do household chores, or exercise, or cook something healthy for 15 minutes BEFORE we start our quilting day! LOL Gotta love retirement.

SC
    Blog Entries
    I have fallen way behind on my daily 15 min work sessions. Haven't done any at all for the last 3 days. (Does ordering fabric online count? If so I may be way ahead instead of being behind!) I'm going to try to catch up today & tomorrow.

I needed 30 sets of 4- 2 patches + (4) 2x2" squares - - I am thinking the extra squares will be added to the two patches and become part of a nine patch, but that is just a guess.

30 sets - - that is all I needed.
    Well! I have close to a hundred sets with one 2-patch and 7-2x2" squares ... ONWARD!

it's good to see so many on the bandwagon.

I spent 20 minutes sewing this morning and at least 45 unsewing. sigh.

I will be looking after my three year old twin grandsons this afternoon so I am not likely to make any progress.

oh well there's always tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    This is going to be one of my resolutions for the new year! Great idea! :D

I usually do some quilting related activity every day but it's hard this time of year with everything else going on.

OK today i was shopping out of town but I stopped in to my LQS to pick up fabric for a tabletopper I need to do for Christmas so tomorrow will try and do 2/15 min Blocks for what I missed today!

Okay, hard to get 15 minutes a day in over the holidays. Now I've got my room in pretty good shape, cut out some stuff over the Christmas break, so I'm back to getting in the 15 minutes a day challenge. Woo Hoo.

WOW!
    I was wondering what had happened to this thread ... I really depend on people posting to a thread to keep in touch with it ... anyway!
    Sometimes, the closest to fifteen a minutes a day quilting I get is: to complete a task to clear the path to the table that my machine sets on, after I get done cutting pieces for another quilt.
    But, I don't mind a good challenge! LOL

Here's how I got my 15 minutes today. During the commercials while watching Glee I sewed. Hey it's 2 minutes every break. Luckily my sewing room and where the tv is is not far otherwise I could count it as a workout too! LOL

I'll do it. I used to quilt for 10 minutes daily and you are right,sometimes turned into a hour or more. So relaxing.

Does reading the quiltingboard count? I should have been working on a quilt project but got sucked into all the discussions here. Both are fun!

From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL
    I was going to try to do 1/2 hour, so 15 should be piece of cake!!!!

Good Luck EVERYONE!!! Happy Quilting!

Blog Entries
    Well, I woefully failed! I haven't touched my machine in 3 weeks. But now that all the holiday's are over I'm going to try again. Besides that, I have more incentive to sew as I got my new Juki TL2010Q yesterday!!!

Here's to quilting! {holding up coffee cup}

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
    Well, I woefully failed! I haven't touched my machine in 3 weeks. But now that all the holiday's are over I'm going to try again. Besides that, I have more incentive to sew as I got my new Juki TL2010Q yesterday!!!

Here's to quilting! {holding up coffee cup}
    Salute!!!
    Failure can only be called when the guy never gets back up to try again ...
    Good for you, getting back up and working on your goal again!
    Incentives to do good are not a bad thing

So!
    How are we all doing?
    I am on Part 7 of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt - - Roll Roll, Cotton Boll ...
    only needed 30 squares for one part, and I produced 74 blocks (or was it 73?) at any rate - - a little over produced, but back on track

Count me in..................thanks :O)

The lady that owns our nearby quilt shop said that she sewing on a quilt aleast 20 minutes every morning when she first gets out of bed.

Gee, let's see......
    If I were to take your challenge, I would first need to get my machine from the bedroom and set up in the dining room - plug it up, put the large table on it, get my rolly cart with all my notions and bring it into the dining room from my closet. Set up the iron board and iron, move my dining room chairs out of the way since it usually use 3 sides of the table. Vaccum the floor since the dust bunnies and dog hair accumulate everywhere, get out my project......
    I would say that IF I were going to sew I would plan on doing it for most of the day. I couldn't get anything accomplished in a 15 minute time frame. Is anyone in the same boat as me????? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
    Gee, let's see......
    If I were to take your challenge, I would first need to get my machine from the bedroom and set up in the dining room - plug it up, put the large table on it, get my rolly cart with all my notions and bring it into the dining room from my closet. Set up the iron board and iron, move my dining room chairs out of the way since it usually use 3 sides of the table. Vaccum the floor since the dust bunnies and dog hair accumulate everywhere, get out my project......
    I would say that IF I were going to sew I would plan on doing it for most of the day. I couldn't get anything accomplished in a 15 minute time frame. Is anyone in the same boat as me????? LOL
    In one way or another! LOL
    As long as you are moving toward the goal, you are rowing along just fine!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast