Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
75+ and using computer and quilting >

75+ and using computer and quilting

75+ and using computer and quilting

Old 08-08-2011, 07:05 AM

WHY??????????????
Old 08-08-2011, 07:14 AM

Congratulations :thumbup: and enjoy your day.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:18 AM

I'll be 84 next month. Been using the computer & quilting for more than 20 years. Still in my own home, do my own driving, house keeping--gave up on yard work. I am queen of my Red Hat group and we are having a swim party this weekend. Life stops when you give up!!
:thumbup: :lol: :P
Old 08-08-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by caliquocat
I'm 76 and don't know which I enjoy most, quilting or my laptop. BTW, today is my DH & my 58th wedding anniversary.
Happy Anniversary and wishing you have many more.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:23 AM

I was 83 in May. Use my computer more than I probably should and I'm always trying to learn something new. Keep up an almost daily contact with long time friends around the country. After feeding my two cats (who were born on my birthday two years ago) I start my day with my computer on my lap and a mug of coffee/tea or hot chocolate in my hand. I drive, do my own shopping and run my own errands. I'm knitting, reading or working on quilt projects most of the time and I'm now teaching myself to FMQ. I grew up playing under a quilt frame while my grandmother and mother quilted. As we would say in Texas 'Bless their hearts'. These two precious women taught me to quilt, crochet, embroider, knit and all of those 'womanly' things. My father and grandfather taught me to be somewhat efficient in their shops. During the past year and a half I've taught myself to knit socks on double circular needles from the toe up. After being married to the same man for 53 years I now live alone in the peaceful and quiet country. I do my own housework and tho it might be messy at times along with cat toys strewn about or if I'm into a new quilting project my house is clean. Seems I'm always moving my furniture around, especially in my sewing room, trying to get a more efficient arrangement. I still cook for myself but only if it can be done with the convenience of electrical appliances such as a microwave, toaster oven, coffee pot, skillet, a crock pot or my George Foreman. I've had both Thanksgiving and Xmas dinners at my home without a regular cook stove. I have said for many moons a person could do without a regular cook stove and I'm proving that to be true and I don't have to clean a stove. I still do my own pedicures so am still somewhat limber. I love to read and I don't need to wear glasses anymore. I'd say I'm doing pretty AOK for an old broad with a bad heart and am grateful for my good fortune. Bless your hearts!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:33 AM

Good for you...keep it up
Old 08-08-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I'll be 78 next month, and again I'm asking my kids for either a new Anti virus protection for my computer, a new Glock, or sky diving treat. Or maybe a hot air balloon ride. But most of the time my wildest actions are either trying to cut down that @%$^& Albizzia tree and it's decendenats, or going hiking in Yosemite Valley just a few miles by myself. Since my DH's been gone for over 4 years, friends and family have introduced me to several men...they have all been feeble old coots who can't keep up with me. They all seem to want one of two things. A 22 year old blonde bimbo on one arm, or else they want a life long nurse maid and I could look like I wore a mop on my head and pasted on Mr. Potato head features for all the attention they pay me...

I'm liking my life up to now, and hope it doesn't change that much. Got too much fabric that needs cutting apart and sewed back together and I want to paint the kitchen and.....
i will be 73 next month and right there with you...also have a younger friend with a computerized long arm and am looking forward to learning that !

SIL put new anti-viris on m any computer and it is great.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:50 AM

Age is nothing but a state of mind. If you feel old, and feeble it doesn,t matter if you are 18 or 80. Rock on- I wuill be 69 in 30 days.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:52 AM

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe that you would be insulted. I am 80 and loved hearing that there are other women my age that do the things I do. They are not easy to find. Lighten up please.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:01 AM

I'm 77 (eww - I dislike odd numbered years), have been quilting for about 18 months, having never sewed in my life, got my medical degree at age 54, and since I'm on this board guess it goes without saying that I use a computer (since I learned how to write programs and punch card in the Middle Ages).