Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: also have a serger?

I have a White/Jaguar that's probably older than that! And I do like it because it is so easy to thread, which was not always the case with those older ones. But I'd love to have a newer one that does rolled hems more easily. Since I'm getting ready to retire (6 days!) I plan to have more time to quilt and "make stuff". Have to lock DH in his woodshop though to keep him out of my hair....

I retired a year ago and thought I would have lots of time on my hands but I fill it so full with quilting groups and just the normal everyday cleaning and cooking that it almost does not feel like retirement. I sometimes think I got more done when I was working because I budgeted my time better.
    Congratulations on your retirement....enjoy it to the fullest, DH will come around, mine has and he was as stubborn as they come.

Mine has been retired since 1977 (Army and then disability), so he is looking forward to being waited on hand and foot. Boy is he in for a shock!

I made a table runner with my Viking 960 serger. It was fast and fun. I used wooly nylon around the edges. I don't think I would make a quilt with it as I would lose the preciseness of knowing all my seams are 1/4 inch. /Lissa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2