Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one...? >

Am I the only one...?

Am I the only one...?

Old 01-07-2011, 03:11 AM

I made Miss Bess a quilt. She loves it, I know, because of the holes she put in it, just to let everyone know it is HERS! I hope to start making "Bowser Blankies" and "Kitty Kovers" (That is what I call them) to start, for the animals in the neighborhood and then maybe branch on to selling them.

In our cold Minnesota weather, when Bess has to go out and then come in (like 10 seconds), she jumps on the couch and looks at me like "Yah, Well, where's my blankie, it's cold out there, you know!"

Seriously, Bess likes to chew on her quilt. I don't know why, but every time I turn around I have to patch it and then patch a patch!!!!!!

Edie
Old 01-07-2011, 04:57 AM

There is a kitty quilt on all my chairs and sofa. They always end up sleeping on one of the quilts. I usually just use scraps and stitch them to something soft, usually fleece. They will usually paw until they have the soft side up and snuggle into that. There are 4 rescue kitties living with us. One is 11, one is 10,(we knew when these were born behind a neighbors garage) one is about 6 (close as the vet could come) and the latest is about 3-again as far as the vet could tell.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:08 AM

O yes, Our cats, Lily and Kramer have a quilt and they love it. It serves two purposes they lay on it and it keeps the cat hair off the footstool.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:12 AM

I gave my daughter's dog a quilt for Christmas (and he loves it!).
Old 01-07-2011, 05:22 AM

I save all my lonely scraps and ugly fabrics and make them into soft quilts for my furry babies. They don't mind if my stitches are uneven or if the colors don't match or anything. I do that all the time. My daughter is attempting to learn to sew by making cat quilts.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:58 AM

Trudy has 2 of them - one upstairs and one down and NO ONE is allowed to take them out of her beds.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:01 AM

I made my dog Lily a quilt 2 years ago. It's hers. In front of the couch in the living room - she uses it all the time! :mrgreen:
Old 01-07-2011, 06:28 AM

OH PLEASE, ask your daughter for a pic of that so you can show us. My daughter has two goldens. I am sure they would love quilts but I have to do my daughter and two granddaughters and SIL first. LOL

Originally Posted by redeagle
Surely I'm not the only one to make a quilt for a pet. I have made lots of quilts for grandkids but I have one unmarried dau who has a golden retriever. It was sort of a joke. She complained that her sisters all had quilts because they had kids and she felt left out so I made a 45x45 quilt for her dog. Every a.m. she spreads the quilt out over the dog's bed and every nite the dog remakes the bed. She digs the quilt up into a pile and when the pile is to her liking she lies down with her head on the pile of quilt. Now if THAT isn't appreciation, I don't know what is! LOL
P.S My dogs don't have quilts. They use mine which is on my bed!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:44 AM

I have used the bandanas from when my dogs gets groomed to make their quilts! They love them. Course, they also have a full size bed quilt on the floor that they love just as much and ours on our bed!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:59 AM

Mine will three housemates will definitely have their own quilts.

Currently two dogs and one cat.