Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one...? >

Am I the only one...?

Am I the only one...?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 AM

I plan to make one for my dog and I cat house too.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 AM

I made one for my cat. I was tired of her hair on the couch. She seemed to know it was for her. Then when we went to FL I put it on her favorite chair on the lanai and she pulled it off. On the ride down she likes to lay on it, but in the condo she doesn't.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:13 AM

I took a class from a gal who only makes quilts for her dogs. She said her grown kids said they had as many as they want, and asked to not be given any more. So now she sews for her two collies. She made a beautiful Niemeyer paperpieced quilt -- for the dogs. Now that is LOVE!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:31 AM

I made quilts for all my dogs and cats plus a small one that hangs over a perch in my parrots cage.
She likes to sit under the quilt with it draped across her back. She is a very touchy feely type parrot so maybe this is why she likes it on her.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by happymrs
Check out my current avitar here. That's Ranger on his new quilt, when we first brought him home. In the pic I am posting are quilts for the other two. One with purple is for our old lady Beagle, Katie, then the one with red is for my pup, Harley, & yes, they love their quilts & know who's is who's. It was fun making them too, lol....
OK I have to ask ... is there a pattern for those little quilts? They are just too adorable! I think they would make wonderful gifts for my friends who are owned by pets!

Peggy
Old 01-07-2011, 10:51 AM

Haven't made a quilt for our dog yet but I have made a pillow for her and she loves to lay her head on it and go to sleep at night. I guess I'll have to get busy and make a doggy quilt also.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by keelybird57
I took a class from a gal who only makes quilts for her dogs. She said her grown kids said they had as many as they want, and asked to not be given any more. So now she sews for her two collies. She made a beautiful Niemeyer paperpieced quilt -- for the dogs. Now that is LOVE!
WOW! You are not kidding!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by redeagle
I just got word that the golden retriever that I made the quilt for is on her way to the vets for the BIG shot. She would be 12 yrs old in a couple of weeks. She has cancer. Having made this trip myself several times over the years, I really bad for my daughter.
My heart goes out to your daughter. We had to make the decision twice over an 18 month period of time ... both fur babies were 13 years old. One had diabetes that just finally went haywire after 2 years of giving her insulin injections.

I will keep your daughter in my prayers.

The second one I think might have had a heart attack. He let out this hideous cry and went completely limp, out cold. I kept calling his name and when he finally opened his eyes he whined with every breath. It broke my heart to lose him but even more it broke my heart to see my big, 23 y.o. son crying while he held him when the vet gave him the shot.

Now my newest little guy (10 years old) has gone almost completely blind following two infections to his pancreas (sp?) that left him an insulin dependent diabetic.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:15 AM

My dog thinks the quilts on my bed are just for him. My best friend had asked me to make a rag quilt for her dog Missy. I made it for her and she just loved it. She said Missy slept on it all of the time. Christmas a year ago, her husband was in a bad accident that totaled the car. Thank God he wasn't badly hurt but Missy was thrown thru the back window and took off. They searched for weeks and she was a basket case. This was a dog that she had rescued off the highway years before. Eventually she got another dog and she asked me to make her a quilt. She just couldn't give Missy's quilt to another dog. We talk about people who don't appreciate what we do but this certainly isn't the case here.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by redeagle
I just got word that the golden retriever that I made the quilt for is on her way to the vets for the BIG shot. She would be 12 yrs old in a couple of weeks. She has cancer. Having made this trip myself several times over the years, I really bad for my daughter.
My daughter said that she took Gracie's quilt with her to the vets and the dog died with her head resting on the quilt as she did every nite. Breaks my heart.