Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one...? >

Am I the only one...?

Am I the only one...?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:48 PM

Our dog is the love of our lives....and she has her own quilt, as shown in my avator. And Lizzie loves her quilt.
Janet
Old 01-07-2011, 01:09 PM

I like making small wall hanging sized quilts with scraps etc. I have one for the little dog's bed, a quilted placemat for the kitt's bowl and another little quilt covers a chair to keep the cat's hair off.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:16 PM

My cousin got a puppy a few yrs back, and she doesn't have children. I made a quilt for the puppy cost was $80 for the material. I thought she would use it just for laying on or covering. She used it for when the puupy was eating. Oh well, my cousin has no idea what it takes to make a quilt she can't even sew a button on. At least I used good material, and with all the washing it would last.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:19 PM

Actually, I've been thinking about making one for my daughter's Great Dane. I made her a huge dog bed to fit the natural wood frame my SIL made. Every night they cover her with an old flannel robe and I've been thinking that she needs her own quilt. :-) But first I have to make a quilt for my next grandbaby (the 8th) which is due in March. Maybe Alta will get her own quilt next Christmas.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I made quilts for each of my two rescue cats, but they only use them when I'm in the same room with them. When I go to bed, so do they, right beside me in bed.
Should I go to the bathroom, both of them hurry in front of me so that I don't get lost!!
My cat s do that too. One of these days I'm going to trip over one of them.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:49 PM

No No No you are not the only one I have 3 dogs a Newfoundland and Australian shepherd and a very tiny yorkie (she is only 3 1/2 lbs)my petunia is 179lbs Miss sidney is real big either she is only 60 lbstunies quilt is twin size sidneys is lap And my Molly's is a dollquilt size Enjoy your baby
Old 01-07-2011, 02:04 PM

quilterPam hello and welcome to the board it does get addicting everyone here is so great and always a ear for a problem come to chat and jump right in alot of great gals and a few gents too. we are like a big family So welcome and come join the fun. where are you located I am in MI.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:20 PM

of course i make a quilt for all my babies!! we don't use the "d" word in our house!! she doesn't know what they are!! LOL
Old 01-07-2011, 02:37 PM

My dog lays in her "box" with a pillow bottom and a quilt in the box. She moves it around until she gets it just where she wants it.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:13 PM

I don't have pictures but all the animals have quilts. I have made them for friends dogs and my dog has a few. I even sent a quilt home with every foster I was able too. When I get around to making a new quilt for my bed my Andy is going to get a matching one.