Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any Asian fabrics in your stash? >

Any Asian fabrics in your stash?

Any Asian fabrics in your stash?

Old 06-30-2011, 05:57 AM

No, I am not into Asian fabrics. But I have seen some beautiful quilts with Asian fabrics, I just don't sew with them.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Pbecker
I've made some gorgeous handbags. I fussy cut the design I want for the front. I love them.
Great idea. I may have enough left over for a Bow Tuck!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:00 AM

A ton of them..always hate to cut them up..I'm designing a Bargello..an out of the box one ..going to use some of the Geisha's in certain spots !!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:07 AM

I bought them to make a quilt for my nephew and his wife(which I did) and haven't touched them since! :shock:
Old 06-30-2011, 06:13 AM

I have one piece that I bought a few years back. Haven't done a thing with it. And probably will cut it in 1 1/2 pieces and use it in log cabin blocks.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:13 AM

I have a japanese panel I bought in Japan many years ago. I wanted to turn it in a quilt, so I have been buying asian fabric for borders or whatever for ever, haven't done anything with that, but my asian fabric stash keeps on growing!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:16 AM

I have Asian fabric that I have been saving for quite a few years. I also drew up a pattern but have yet to put it together.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:17 AM

I just completed a Turning 20 with Asian fabric for my daughter. Since Asian fabric tend to be "busy", I did not use 20 different fat quarters. I used several of the same fabric two or three times to give the quilt more continuity. It came out very nice, and I think my daughter will like it.

Being Chinese, you'd think I would have used Asian fabric before now, but I struggled to find an appropriate pattern. I don't remember where I saw it, but someone posted a picture of a snowball quilt using Asian fabric. I may have to use that idea for my next quilt.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:23 AM

Glad someone began this topic. I've been meaning to get my Asian fabric tote out and taking a look at the fabrics I already have. Looking for a focus fabric for a quilt for DGD who graduated from high school last week. I'm sure I can get some ideas for the fabrics I already have, maybe add some tone on tones, etc. and get enough fabric for backing. Putting this on the top of my list for this morning.

A few years ago I made a kimino quilt, don't have any photos on my computer right now but will try to get one later. May in Jersey
Old 06-30-2011, 06:25 AM

I have a friend, a fellow Shiba owner, who has a contact in Japan and she obtains beautiful fabrics featuring Shibas and other Japanese breed dogs. I've made a few quilts/runners for her with her fabrics + some of my Asian fabric stash. I'd love to get some of the fabric myself but there's no 'extra' Shiba fabric left for my personal use. If anyone on this site knows how to obtain these types of fabrics, please send me a message. I'd so appreciate it!!

Table runner, before borders were added
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218928[/ATTACH]

And another quilt photo, prior to quilting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218929[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-218922.jpe   attachment-218923.jpe