Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any one familiar with this quilt? In love and looking for the pattern! >

Any one familiar with this quilt? In love and looking for the pattern!

Any one familiar with this quilt? In love and looking for the pattern!

Old 07-29-2014, 11:29 AM

This is what she said...which is what has basically been said several times here on the thread...I didn't have a pattern for this quilt. I used the same star ( Sawtooth Star) pattern from the quilt "Elizabeth" by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. and the connecting block is called Puss in the Corner. The blocks are set on point. I hope this helps.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:39 PM

Might I suggest that as beginning quilters that you purchase a basic quiltmaking book. There are many many to choose from. These books cover all the skills that you will need to make quilts and be successful. These books help with drafting your own blocks and how to resize, anything you might need an answer to. I know there is a wealth of info on the internet but so much time is wasted going from site to site when a good book is always at hand. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by pewa88 View Post
Might I suggest that as beginning quilters that you purchase a basic quiltmaking book. There are many many to choose from. These books cover all the skills that you will need to make quilts and be successful. These books help with drafting your own blocks and how to resize, anything you might need an answer to. I know there is a wealth of info on the internet but so much time is wasted going from site to site when a good book is always at hand. Just my 2 cents.
That is a great idea! I know I tend to spend more time spinning my wheels looking for something to start with and never get much done! It can be very overwhelming with all of the endless internet stuff. If you know of any good books I'd love to hear what they are.
Thank you!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:11 PM

Just beautiful with the soft gentle colors

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 07-29-2014, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by nanror View Post
That is a great idea! I know I tend to spend more time spinning my wheels looking for something to start with and never get much done! It can be very overwhelming with all of the endless internet stuff. If you know of any good books I'd love to hear what they are.

Thank you!
Quilts!Quilts!Quilts! is a good one. I have the first edition, but I believe they have put out a second.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:26 PM

The Art of Classic Quiltmaking by Harriet Hargrave ** my favorite
The Quilter's Ultimate Visual Guide- Rodale Press
Quilts! Quilts! Quilts!- Diana McClun Laura Nownes
Old 07-29-2014, 06:58 PM

I love this quilt too! Maybe I'll give it a try! Thanks for posting the picture.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:11 PM

I am the maker of this quilt. I made it for my grand daughter when she graduated to her big girl bed. I designed this quilt using a Sawtooth Star block and a block called Puss in the Corner. It is set on point. It is so nice to see all the lovely comments. I wish you the best in making this quilt.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:38 PM

Don't feel badly if you feel you need a pattern. Those of us who have been quilting for a long time have the experience to dissect a quilt into blocks and put it together without a pattern. But we know how quilts work. I can do that with a lot of quilts, but I would not have been able to do it when I was new to this. It's a pretty quilt - post pictures when you get it made!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
This would be an easy quilt to make without a pattern. Break it down into rows. Look at the rows diagonally. One row is a square, flying geese, square, square, rectangle, square, flying geese.... The other row is flying geese, square, flying geese, rectangle, square, rectangle, flying geese.... By looking at it it appears the rectangles are twice the length of the squares. The border squares set on point take care of the edges. Beautiful quilt.

I rarely use a pattern for a quilt as I enjoy dissecting the whole into manageable elements.
I'm a beginner so need a pattern to follow so will be watching this to see if an actual pattern pops up.