Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Anyone ever have their washing machine explode?

In addition, LG is reimbursing us for the plumbing repairs to the faucets and lines attached to the washer. :)

I've never seen or heard of a washing machine blow up before but those pictures are scary!!!

My 2 year old front load washer broke a mounting arm while spinning and it was like an explosion. Scared the s**t out of me! All the pieces were contained by the metal outer housing, but it was full of shrapnel. Didn't miss it though, because it always had a bad smell that no amount of cleaning could cure.

Quote Originally Posted by caspharm

It is very low water use. We bought a top loader because they can't hold as much (we have a king size bed) and they don't agitate as well
    you bought it because it can't hold as much and doesn't agitate as well? did i get that wrong?

Yes, my bad. I didn't get much sleep last night, due to heat, not machine. I was looking at another comment and replied incorrectly, thanks for catching that.

We bought the machine because it was bigger and holds more than a front loader. It also agitates better.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    Quote Originally Posted by caspharm

It is very low water use. We bought a top loader because they can't hold as much (we have a king size bed) and they don't agitate as well
    you bought it because it can't hold as much and doesn't agitate as well? did i get that wrong?

some kind of scary for sure :) glad your all safe

That's just shocking! I am in the market for a new machine,..... scary!

OMG! Never heard of such a thing... Yikes!

Blog Entries
    The mfg should pick it up to find out WHY in case there are more out there waiting to cause even more damage or injuries Thank goodness no one was hurt

What a story!! Glad no one was hurt.

OMG!! I'm so glad no one was hurt! I hope that doesn't happen again!

I never had the top blow off. I did have one thet blew the bottom out and started on fire.

Blog Entries
    No, we just had a little rock get into the water line and sit in front of the sensor that tells the machine when it is full. We were outside and came in to 2" of water through the downstairs. I did get hardwood flooring out of the deal BUT it turned out that DH had taken the mesh screen out of the waterhose.

Lucky yours was in the garage with nothing in the way to get hurt.

Capsam said that they bought the top-loader because they are bigger and agitate better. (i deleted the quote by mistake.

thank you for that information. mine is on it's last legs and we were considering a front-loader because i am height challenged.
    now i have to rethink that whole idea.

Wow, never heard of this happening.

I have front loading and live in the country with well water. Since getting the front loading, we have not run low on our well water (happens in the country).
    As far as front loaders smelling, they can if you do not follow manufactuer specs. We leave the door ajar with, of all things, a Kleenex packet holding it open where the catch is.
    Once a month I use white vinegar in a sanitize load which gets to 180* and, as alway's, leavbe the door ajar after every load. It is the only quirk in front loaders that I have experienced.
    For those with back problems like me, I pull out the lower drawer, set the laundry basket on it, pull out the clothes and don't have to do all that bending over which kills my back. Just lift the basket and off to fold.

Sure glad you did not get hurt and that the store and manufacturere are taking care of you. Be a different story if they weren't. That would be the time to call in the lawyers.

Don't you know your not suppose to wash hand grenades in the washing machine. That is the craziest thing I have ever heard of happening. Mine broke a hose one time & blew the sheet rock out of the wall. Glad you guys are OK,

Glad everyone is okay!!

Can I play devil's advocate for a moment?? You sure your husband didn't rig it so he wouldn't have to do laundry ever again?! :-)

Just joking, of course. Must have been a mess to clean up. Good thing someone was home. I have a standing policy to never start a wash or dryer load while not there!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QBeth
    Glad everyone is okay!!

Good thing someone was home. I have a standing policy to never start a wash or dryer load while not there!

That goes for the dishwasher, too -- I knew someone whose dishwasher went kablooey while running with them gone....wow, awful mess

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4