Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone feel overwhelmed by their stash? >

Anyone feel overwhelmed by their stash?

Anyone feel overwhelmed by their stash?

Old 01-14-2011, 05:02 AM

Our future can be seen on stitchinwitch post "He/She Dies With the Most Fabric Wins?"
Old 01-14-2011, 05:13 AM

Oh Girls ! I hear you ! But it does give me comfort to know I have fabrics ready to go and will mix in with everything. I also have collections of fabrics, like dots, plaids, stripes, novelties, blue, Halloween, leaves and more. I just wish I was more organized. Ever since I lost my parents everything has been a mess. I forgot my fat quarters !
Old 01-14-2011, 05:17 AM

I just used some fabric that I bought when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter (whose 35th birthday was yesterday). Still good. I moved it from house to house all my married life. Unbelievable.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:24 AM

I have three - five shelf book cases with fabric sorted by color or holiday. I am trying to use it up, but cannot resist buying more. Actually, I have not been to a quilt shop since November 17th. My closest one is an hour drive from home. Since it is a drive to my LQS, I tend to stock up so I am never short. I figure I am helping the economy and am planning for the future for when I retire. I do like being able to look at my shelves and pull fabric as if I am in my own private quilt shop. I usually buy not knowing what I am going to make with it. When I show my DH a completed project he always asks where I got the fabric and I always tell him "I had it". That is kind of a standard joke between us. I say, if you can, keep buying. the fabrics are so beautiful and hard to resist. Happy quilting!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:49 AM

Oh, me too. My stash is great, but can always be better...lots of year end sales now too!! :roll:
Old 01-14-2011, 06:07 AM

I love going through my stash looking for whatever I will make next Diane C.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:23 AM

Since the price of fabric is going up even more, aren't we glad to have our stashes? I am - it MIGHT curtail the spending. In the area in which I live, we still can buy good fabric for 3.99 a yard.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:26 AM

It makes me sad when I use the last of a favorite piece,I do hand needleturn applique mostly and I have used the last piece of a favorite green batik and cant find it again . It was some I had bought years ago.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:31 AM

YES! My DD moved out 1 1/2 yr ago. Bad/good for me just another room to store fabric. Already took over DS room 8 yrs ago. I want to collect all types of fabric. I've been resisting 30's and civil war. Love them both, but must use what I have. Lately, falling in love with Moda precuts. Can't resist a good Connecting Threads clearance sale. I was once very organized, but lately no go. I have tubs by color, but everything in DD room is not sorted yet. Oh, and did I mention thrift store shirts. I just bought 17 more shirts yesterday. 2 lrg underbed storage units for shirts chuck full already. Cutting them keeps my hands busy at night. Shirts are stored in our bedroom. DH is going to evict me.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
I'm beginning to think I'm a fabric collector more than a quilter. And I *still* have the urge to buy *more* fabric!
Yep, that me!