Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone tried Craftsy yet? >

Anyone tried Craftsy yet?

Anyone tried Craftsy yet?

Old 08-04-2013, 10:10 AM

Yes, I have taken many of the classes, they are great.
I only sign up for new ones when they are on sale.:
Old 08-04-2013, 10:50 AM

Love Craftsy...as many members have said, you can go back and rewatch them and work on them on your schedule. I am still working on Amy's 2012 BOM and bought Leah Day's FMQ class but am waiting to finish the BOM since she uses it. I need to sign up for Amy's Mystery Class...she is an amazing teacher for me. Love the Belle line she is using but I do not have it. Thank you for blog tip for sales!!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:00 AM

It's all been said, but I'll chime in, too: Go for it! You will not be disappointed. Start with a free one first, just to make sure you don't have connection problems that might slow the videos down. Some have been very jerky for me, but the voice comes through without any problem, so they're still worth having.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:11 AM

Default Craftsy classes

Originally Posted by cathylynn View Post
I've taken a couple of Craftsy classes and liked them so I just signed up for the Quilting Big Projects on small machines class. hope I get a lot out of it cause my family has requests in for a few queen and king sized quilts from me!
I just signed up this morning for the Serger Beginning Class. This will be my 8th class. I have loved them all and this one came up just when I've needed it. I've had my serger over two years, and all I've done with it is thread it. It scares me a little, so now am anxious to take this class. And I know I'll be taking more. Katie
Old 08-04-2013, 11:21 AM

Enjoy the classes
Old 08-04-2013, 11:31 AM

Default Anyone tried Craftsy yet?

Today they have a big sale staring. $9.99 for many classes...I'm thinking of Leah Day's FMQ. Do you really learn to do this on your own machine, or just watch her do her professional work? For this price it's worth it to find out.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 AM

You won't regret going for Leah's class.... she is not a long arm quilter, her classes and videos are designed to teach you quilting on your own domestic machine.

Just to clarify one thing mentioned above ....you can not download Craftsy classes to your computer. You must be online in order to watch them. Just don't want anyone to be disappointed that they can't download and watch while offline. I watch my classes on my computer, on my iPod (Craftsy has a great app for iPods and iPhones), and on my Kindle Fire. Every class has been great!!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:11 PM

Yes I have taken several classes. Cindy Needham and Angela Walters. I recently go a Handi Quilter and theses classes have given me so much confidence!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
You won't regret going for Leah's class.... she is not a long arm quilter, her classes and videos are designed to teach you quilting on your own domestic machine.

Just to clarify one thing mentioned above ....you can not download Craftsy classes to your computer. You must be online in order to watch them. Just don't want anyone to be disappointed that they can't download and watch while offline. I watch my classes on my computer, on my iPod (Craftsy has a great app for iPods and iPhones), and on my Kindle Fire. Every class has been great!!
Please tell me how to get it on my Kindle Fire..I'd love to have it portable and by my machine...as the pc and sewing machine are in different rooms...
Old 08-04-2013, 12:36 PM

Love the classes. Any difficulties in watching anything, they work with you to get thinks right. Between this forum and craftsy, I have learned so many new things. Go for it!