Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone tried Craftsy yet? >

Anyone tried Craftsy yet?

Anyone tried Craftsy yet?

Old 08-04-2013, 12:56 PM

Same here. I only sign up for classes that are on sale and they have frequent and great sales. I've been very pleased with almost all the classes I've taken at Craftsy.

Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
Yes, I have taken many of the classes, they are great.
I only sign up for new ones when they are on sale.:
Old 08-04-2013, 01:06 PM

Hmmm, Just went to their site and did not see anything about a sale.

Originally Posted by NUBQ View Post
Today they have a big sale staring. $9.99 for many classes...I'm thinking of Leah Day's FMQ. Do you really learn to do this on your own machine, or just watch her do her professional work? For this price it's worth it to find out.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
Hmmm, Just went to their site and did not see anything about a sale.
https://col125.mail.live.com/mail/In...37de45604&fv=1
Old 08-04-2013, 02:10 PM

Love Craftsy--had a problem for awhile on old computer seeing the videos until I installed Chrome--haven't made any of the projects yet but love to watch the different instructors and have used some of their ideas. I think I am now enrolled in almost off the Quilt classes. I do try to buy them when they are on sale.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:13 PM

I didn't know about googling for the teacher of the class and getting the discount. I usually watch for a sale but there is a class I would like now and I'm going to try that. Thanks for the tip.
Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I'm enrolled in over twenty classes in Craftsy. About five of them are free. Go to Quilting on the Craftsy site and enroll in Craftsy's Free BOM 2012 and 2013. There are also a few more free quilting classes. The classes you pay for, they will give you your money back if you are not 100% satisfied. Also, Click on the class and you can find out more about it. And if you Google the teacher of the class you want to take and find her blog, they offer 50% off the class. That's how I enroll in all my classes. Also, you can ask Craftsy for a 50% discount. They always have discounts on many classes at different times. Don't pay $39 for a class.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:17 PM

Thanks, didn't know that.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:28 PM

I have downloaded Craftsy classes--you have to have Chrome and there is a part of that--can't remember what it is now--that lets you download but it takes what seems like forever.
Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
You won't regret going for Leah's class.... she is not a long arm quilter, her classes and videos are designed to teach you quilting on your own domestic machine.

Just to clarify one thing mentioned above ....you can not download Craftsy classes to your computer. You must be online in order to watch them. Just don't want anyone to be disappointed that they can't download and watch while offline. I watch my classes on my computer, on my iPod (Craftsy has a great app for iPods and iPhones), and on my Kindle Fire. Every class has been great!!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:34 PM

I'm a Craftsy addict and I admit it! Oh my I've several of their classes and done projects from most! Sooooo pleased. Awesome platform for me and my lifestyle and their service is great!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:02 PM

I just signed up for Leah Day's FMQ class this morning for $9.99. I'm actually visiting my DH in NJ and will start the class when I get home to Kaua`i.

If you've taken this class, please let me know what you think of it.

Mahalo!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I'm enrolled in over twenty classes in Craftsy. About five of them are free. Go to Quilting on the Craftsy site and enroll in Craftsy's Free BOM 2012 and 2013. There are also a few more free quilting classes. The classes you pay for, they will give you your money back if you are not 100% satisfied. Also, Click on the class and you can find out more about it. And if you Google the teacher of the class you want to take and find her blog, they offer 50% off the class. That's how I enroll in all my classes. Also, you can ask Craftsy for a 50% discount. They always have discounts on many classes at different times. Don't pay $39 for a class.
Quick question on this...how do you alert Craftsy to the fact that you've found the blog and are requesting the 50% discount?