Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bailey's Home Quilter >

Bailey's Home Quilter

Bailey's Home Quilter

Old 01-08-2010, 09:21 AM

I am one of the Bailey Home Quilter owners who prchased the machine for my own use. I have had people ask me to quilt for them and I telll them to bring their quilt tops and I will show them how to use it. It is a simple machine to use. I don't have time to do quilts for others, but I can do piecing while they learn to quilt and do their own quilting.

I am 75 years old, have lots of quilts to make before I "hang it up" and get rid of my equipment. This past year I made 42 qulits that were donated to charities , and that does not include the 20 doll quilts and 5 or 6 Crib quilts. I make quilts to keep people warm. No wall hangings or knee warmers here.

Bailey machines are easy to use and maintain. And best of all, they are affordable.

I am a happy Bailey owner.
June in Cincinnati
Old 01-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Banned

I use my Bailey just for my own quilting. It's really quite easy to do once you get the hang of it, and really quite affordable in comparison to other systems. I bought mine used about 3 months, and while I had some small issues during the learning process, it all seems to be working fine for me now. I love my Bailey!!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:15 PM

No Shelly, you don't have to own a business.. many of us uses our bailey's for our personal hobby.. If you decided to buy a bailey you can't go wrong with then.. they're so easy to operate.. of course there's nothing fancy about them.. I rather have a work horse that would last me many years than all the pretty things that comes with some mid-arm machines.. I say, "Go For It"
Connie in Louisiana
Old 01-08-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by june6995
I have the Bailey 13" Home Quilting Machine on a GMQ Pro frame.

I have had it over a year and am happy with it. I, too, could not afford a long arm and wanting to be able to finish my quilts myself, decided to go the route of the Mid-Arm.

I have noticed that anything that is longer than a 9" arm, is now being called a Long arm. I prefer to call this a mid-arm since it is not a REAL long arm and does not do all the things a Long-arm would do.

Bailey also makes a 15" mid-arm machine. I chose the 13" because of my age and the amount of money I had to spend. It has done the job that I wanted to get done.

June
thanks for the info.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:32 PM

I have a Bailey's Pro Quilter 15 and I love it I bought a Little Grace Frame and I am enjoying learning how to quilt with them. The technical support has been awesome. There are sewing accessories too.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:37 PM

I just bought the Bailey's home quilter. I just finished my first quilt on my machine quilting frame. I got a new joy quilting frame. The machine is bigger then the space on the quilting frame. If I elevated the machine a little bit I would get the whole space the quilting frame has. I have a shelf on top which gets in the way of the controls that are on the machine to stop and start the machine and they would bump into the shelf and it will start sewing which is annoying as far as the quilting frame goes. I've had the sewing machine almost a week now and enjoying it. I think a lot of it is a matter of getting use to it and what not to do. Mine is a 15 inch one.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 PM

I had thought I don't have enough space for one. How much room space do those of you with Baileys estimate it takes?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:55 PM

I live in Florida and I set mine up in the garage. My New Joy quilting frame is thin but long. I plan to make myself a cover for my machine to keep the dust off of it. My frame is pretty light weight, not hard to move around. My frame accommedates a king size quilt.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:26 AM

Greenini, there are a number of different frames you can use with a Bailey, and not all frames are the same size. If your room is not very large, you might want to set it at Queen to allow you to walk around both ends. Also, you would want room to get behind the frame. I have a GMQ Pro frame and have it away from the wall so I can get behind it to put in bobbins and thread, (post of thread is on back side) and other things. At Queen size, mine is 104" long. You would need to check the websites for frames to see what size each one would be. Not all are the same.

June in Cincinnati
Old 03-05-2011, 09:26 AM

June,
Thanks, I think I do not have the room yet. We are going to be working on our 2nd bedroom which is now kind of a junk/fabric repository, but is less then 10' sq, I think. Lots of research still to do. Next weekend the Atl quilting show is here and I had thought I'd take a look and see whats out there.