Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is it because we fooled around with time?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Did the same thing on my sailboat bottoms yesterday. Sewed the sea to the top of the boat. TWICE! Then I sewed the opposite side shut and on the first one I ripped the wrong side. Took a break, came back and all was well.

Blog Entries
    Sent you a pm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    I would say it is nappy time! I so love naps!
    Having the same kind of day here too, so I followed your advice, the nap was wonderful! I can once again face my quilt!

We had a power outage for about 2 hours yesterday caused by high winds! It was definitely not a day for quilting! We had prolonged coffee and conversation at the dining table!

i think it is called quilters syndrome...when we are at the machine too long, our brains start to make us do weird stuff so we know it is time to go and read, go on the quilting board, or whatever it is we do to relax.......gina

It's been 2 steps forward and 3 steps back for me today also.

I don't think any day is a good day to use the vacuum cleaner.

I have been there, in fact today I wanted to cut a D9P out and never did get to it. it is Spring Brake for the kids. I went grocery shopping and cooked and did the dishes and i have allergies so bad from the pollen. I am going to bed early again. Hang in ther Chaskaquilter, tomorrow ought to be better. Also I wasted an hour or so renewing my Driver license and no way I am putting on there what I really weigh. LOL Ha Ha

Power Poster
    It sure can be frustrating when you do that to yourself, but one reassuring thing is you are not alone. We have all done that at least once and in my case several times.

I really like this time, for some reason it agrees with me.

Yes I hate when that happens.

Yes I hate when that happens.

Ya, I'm an artist also, and when I open a can of paint and get it all over my fingers----. I need to recap the paint and go find something else to do, as I will make more mistake and mess then what it is worth. JUST STEP AWAY!!!!

Oh man I so know that feeling, but there is no sense in punishing yourself with vaccuuming.

Quote Originally Posted by chaskaquilter
    Oh my, I feel as if I need a window in my belly to see where I am going. I have been quilting today. I sewed three parts of my quilt together wrong. Not once or twice, but three times. After the third time, I shut everything down and will face it again tomorrow. I went out and cleaned the kitchen. I managed to fill the salt and pepper shakers correctly. Thought I would vacuum. But decided maybe today isn't a good day to fool around with electricity.
    I took the bobbin case out of my machine to clean it and it took me well over a half an hour to get it to re-seat itself correctly. Once I quit, got up to get a cup of coffee and when I came back------popped it into place first try. @@

Works for me if you want to blame DST.

Quote Originally Posted by jtquilts
    I have things like that happen every once in awhile but don't have it happen at time change for a built in reason . . . LOL. Walking away is a good thing. Good wishes for when you walk back!
    Yeah, BUT......... vaccuming???? Not necessary to punish yourself. tee hee

Sounds like you definitely need a break for today. Sit back and relax with a movie or a good book and try again tomorrow. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chaskaquilter
    Oh my, I feel as if I need a window in my belly to see where I am going. I have been quilting today. I sewed three parts of my quilt together wrong. Not once or twice, but three times. After the third time, I shut everything down and will face it again tomorrow. I went out and cleaned the kitchen. I managed to fill the salt and pepper shakers correctly. Thought I would vacuum. But decided maybe today isn't a good day to fool around with electricity.
    Have you got SPRING FEVER? lol

ita the time change because yesterday all I did was nod off to nap no matter what I was doing my husband finally told me to go to bed at 6pm I just could not stay awake

Blog Entries
    I do an on-line sudoku puzzle in the morning to decide whether I'm up to anything that requires focus. If I can't do the easy sudoku, I know I won't be able to piece or quilt. Besides, it gives me an excuse to do the sudoku -

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    I do an on-line sudoku puzzle in the morning to decide whether I'm up to anything that requires focus. If I can't do the easy sudoku, I know I won't be able to piece or quilt. Besides, it gives me an excuse to do the sudoku -
    Thanks for the laugh. I play freecell and do puzzles from www.jigzone.com. I've convinced myself that is my way of keeping my mind agile.

Blog Entries
    JoanneS I do the same - newspaper, sudoku, and green tea in the morning. Then I can tell how the rest of the day is going to go.

You know how they say there are more auto accidents the day after DST? Happened to me - in a way. I went grocery shopping. Was emptying out the back of my van. I knew I had all the groceries in. Snaked my hand back into garage to hit the garage door opener button. Ooops - Good thing I saw the van tailgate still up.

So I went out to see WHY I left it up. Oh year, the paint tape and duct tape, paint rollers and paint tray were still in the back. So I got those out and into the house. Then did a little something else, and headed for the basement. Oh yeah, forgot to close the garage door. Hubby doesn't want his snowblower stolen.

So I hit the button. When I came out 20 min. later, I discovered the dome light on in van. EWWW! the van tailgate was slightly ajar. Oh NOOOOOO!. The garage door hit it on the way down. Thanks goodness, it is only 2 small scratches and husband hasn't seen them yet. BUT - he's out with the van right now and loading the back.

And I still ventured out on another shopping trip after this little accident. Living dangerously...

oh my, this time change has me a mess, I not get up at 4:30 and wide awake, but I too had a terrible day and nothing went right, from beginning to end, so I gave up...I sure hope this body of mine gets used to it soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2