Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is it because we fooled around with time? >

Is it because we fooled around with time?

Is it because we fooled around with time?

Old 03-14-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by jtquilts
I have things like that happen every once in awhile but don't have it happen at time change for a built in reason . . . LOL. Walking away is a good thing. Good wishes for when you walk back!
Yeah, BUT......... vaccuming???? Not necessary to punish yourself. tee hee
Old 03-14-2011, 11:20 PM

Sounds like you definitely need a break for today. Sit back and relax with a movie or a good book and try again tomorrow. lol.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by chaskaquilter
Oh my, I feel as if I need a window in my belly to see where I am going. I have been quilting today. I sewed three parts of my quilt together wrong. Not once or twice, but three times. After the third time, I shut everything down and will face it again tomorrow. I went out and cleaned the kitchen. I managed to fill the salt and pepper shakers correctly. Thought I would vacuum. But decided maybe today isn't a good day to fool around with electricity.
Have you got SPRING FEVER? lol
Old 03-15-2011, 02:06 AM

ita the time change because yesterday all I did was nod off to nap no matter what I was doing my husband finally told me to go to bed at 6pm I just could not stay awake
Old 03-15-2011, 10:20 AM

I do an on-line sudoku puzzle in the morning to decide whether I'm up to anything that requires focus. If I can't do the easy sudoku, I know I won't be able to piece or quilt. Besides, it gives me an excuse to do the sudoku -
Old 03-15-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
I do an on-line sudoku puzzle in the morning to decide whether I'm up to anything that requires focus. If I can't do the easy sudoku, I know I won't be able to piece or quilt. Besides, it gives me an excuse to do the sudoku -
Thanks for the laugh. I play freecell and do puzzles from www.jigzone.com. I've convinced myself that is my way of keeping my mind agile.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:47 PM

JoanneS I do the same - newspaper, sudoku, and green tea in the morning. Then I can tell how the rest of the day is going to go.

You know how they say there are more auto accidents the day after DST? Happened to me - in a way. I went grocery shopping. Was emptying out the back of my van. I knew I had all the groceries in. Snaked my hand back into garage to hit the garage door opener button. Ooops - Good thing I saw the van tailgate still up.

So I went out to see WHY I left it up. Oh year, the paint tape and duct tape, paint rollers and paint tray were still in the back. So I got those out and into the house. Then did a little something else, and headed for the basement. Oh yeah, forgot to close the garage door. Hubby doesn't want his snowblower stolen.

So I hit the button. When I came out 20 min. later, I discovered the dome light on in van. EWWW! the van tailgate was slightly ajar. Oh NOOOOOO!. The garage door hit it on the way down. Thanks goodness, it is only 2 small scratches and husband hasn't seen them yet. BUT - he's out with the van right now and loading the back.

And I still ventured out on another shopping trip after this little accident. Living dangerously...
Old 03-16-2011, 02:12 AM

oh my, this time change has me a mess, I not get up at 4:30 and wide awake, but I too had a terrible day and nothing went right, from beginning to end, so I gave up...I sure hope this body of mine gets used to it soon.