Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it because we fooled around with time?

Oh my, I feel as if I need a window in my belly to see where I am going. I have been quilting today. I sewed three parts of my quilt together wrong. Not once or twice, but three times. After the third time, I shut everything down and will face it again tomorrow. I went out and cleaned the kitchen. I managed to fill the salt and pepper shakers correctly. Thought I would vacuum. But decided maybe today isn't a good day to fool around with electricity.

Blog Entries
    LOL~~~ Some days it's better to just sit and enjoy a book or a movie. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    LOL~~~ Some days it's better to just sit and enjoy a book or a movie. :-)
    Absolutely! I've had many of those days myself :)

Blog Entries
    Hear you, i' ve been on the same bus, started at 5:30 ( wait that's really 4:30)) & it's been downhill from there. Went to take photos of a quilt, couldn't find it, took an hour, had left the camera on now the batteries were dead. No more batteries. I was afraid to drive the car to get some, was sure i' d get a flat.
    forgot to take something out of freezer for dinner, so were eating grilled cheese!
    I think i' m going to take a hot bath, put on my pj's, & stay out of trouble

Been there, done that. :lol:

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    I would say it is nappy time! I so love naps!

Same here-today was a blah day-wanted to do some free motion but my Phaff is cutting my thread somewhere inside. I am not happy-I just had it to the sewing machine guy for a cleaning and now I have to take it back!!GRRR! So now I've decided to cut some material for a new quilt-with my luck my rotary cutter will break!!! If that doesn't work I'll do some hand work. It's cold here in Pa but no snow and no sunshine.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    LOL - you have a great sense of humor! I agree, no electrical work today :D:D

We can blame it on the time change!!!

I am feeling like I need a nap and it's only 6 pm here...

It's cold here, too. But I did notice my crocus are blooming!!

Spring forward takes me a couple of days to get in the swing of things. Fall back is no problem. I did press 20 FQs for a Turning Twenty project and wash my houseshoes...lol..big busy day.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald46
    Spring forward takes me a couple of days to get in the swing of things. Fall back is no problem. I did press 20 FQs for a Turning Twenty project and wash my houseshoes...lol..big busy day.
    so are your FQ's for the turning twenty projest all different patterns/colors? (sorry this is kind of off topic, just curious)
    Thanks
    Carol

I had a great day spent it with my DGD and DGS I took them to the mall and got them both some clothes so they went home happy I don't get to see them very often last time was in Oct

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    I would say it is nappy time! I so love naps!
    Amen to this!!!

It is going to be a quilt for my aunt in Ireland. We are going this summer. I have ideas..doing a Texas theme. It will be my version of turning twenty. I have several Texas theme fabrics and a gorgeous Texas wildflower fabic and coodinated Moda marbles. Made several drawings and trying to zero in. I'm calling my embroidery lady tomorrow about a panel in the middle with Yellow Rose, Armadillo, Outline of Texas, boot and Longhorn. The turning twenty part will surround this panel. Keep your fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by emerald46
    It is going to be a quilt for my aunt in Ireland. We are going this summer. I have ideas..doing a Texas theme. It will be my version of turning twenty. I have several Texas theme fabrics and a gorgeous Texas wildflower fabic and coodinated Moda marbles. Made several drawings and trying to zero in. I'm calling my embroidery lady tomorrow about a panel in the middle with Yellow Rose, Armadillo, Outline of Texas, boot and Longhorn. The turning twenty part will surround this panel. Keep your fingers crossed!
    That sounds fabulous! Be sure to post pictures as you go!

Blog Entries
    Wow I wish I could figure out how to make my own pattern. :) Sounds like its going to be really nice when you get it done.

Blog Entries
    I have things like that happen every once in awhile but don't have it happen at time change for a built in reason . . . LOL. Walking away is a good thing. Good wishes for when you walk back!

Blog Entries
    Remedy: go to your LQS and spend some time lost in the colors and textures of the fabric! Treat yourself to one item, then go to lunch with a friend, afterward head home and try again!

Blog Entries
    LOL. quite while you are ahead. Time to read or something else that doesn't require you doing anything..

Went back in this am, sun shining in my quilting room, got the project finished. Now for the backing, quilting and binding.

Yep.....time for a break! You went a lot further than I usually do.......first mistake and I quit till tomorrow :-D

Definitely time for a break when that happens. Go for a walk, visit with a friend, read a book. .. return fresh.

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. My inner clock woke me up at 5:30 this am. At least I am able to get things done.

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    I hate that kind of day.. rip and tear..

so sorry !

I've had those days. Too many, and too close together. Definitely time for a good book and a warm quilt to cuddle up with.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast