Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: BEWARE

I've made hundreds of potato sacks for craft shows, and I've never had anyone tell me of a problem. I've actually tried to catch one on fire -- leave it in wice as long as necessary, etc. Still never had a problem. I'll continue to use mine as we like the flavor of the potatoes better.

I have made many potato bags and I love the results even for corn.

This is good to know. I thought you used them though after they were baked. Just to keep them warm...? Not sure. But I would have done the same thing...pop them tater bags in and watch the flame.....glad everything is alright.....!

My friend made me a potato bag and I've used it a few times with no problems. My microwave is several years old but has an automatic setting for potatoes that I use and it works fine...so far. I made my sister a potato bag and hers didn't burn but it scorched the bag so my brother in law told her not to use it again so she returned it to me! So I trashed it and I continue to use mine!

I was just going to ask if these ever caught fire! A friend gave me a pattern for making them and told me she used her potato bag all the time. Thanks for the info.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5