Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bobbin Winders at WalMart >

Bobbin Winders at WalMart

Bobbin Winders at WalMart

Old 03-20-2011, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by okiedee
Has anyone used one of those bobbin winders found at WalMart? I am wondering...what you think of them, are they worth the money?

My bobbin does not hold a lot of thread, I wind up two or three, but does not last very long and I hate to unthread the machine to rewind a bobbin. Hugs, Dee
you can adjust your bobbin winder on your machine to wind it fuller. there's a screw on top of the little piece that hugs the bobbin, loosen that screw and move that little arm out a little - away from the little spool where the bobbin goes, then re-tighten it. but yes i do have the sidewinder also and i do love it. it also winds the bobbins for my lizzie long arm.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by birdlady
I have purchased one and use it quite a bit. It is fast and does a great job however it will not work with the large cones of thread (they do not fit on the spindle).
my friend bought me one for my birthday and she rigged it like this: so the big thread cones work. hope this picture is clear enough for you to see how it's done. she's smart.

sidewinder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172528[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-172523.jpe  
Old 03-20-2011, 03:49 PM

I love my sidewinder
Old 03-20-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by okiedee
Has anyone used one of those bobbin winders found at WalMart? I am wondering...what you think of them, are they worth the money?

My bobbin does not hold a lot of thread, I wind up two or three, but does not last very long and I hate to unthread the machine to rewind a bobbin. Hugs, Dee

My friend and I both bought the Sidewinder at Christmas time at JoAnn's--buy one, get one free--so we paid about $17 each for them. At the time, we felt like it was a real luxury--something that we didn't really need but would like to have. Since then, I have used mine extensively because my sewing machine barely fills the bobbin, and my friend's machine sewing machine bobbin winder stopped working, so they have been great. The one drawback is that it is so light that it will tip over, so you have to hold it. But it works very well. I'd wait to use the 40% or 50% coupon at Joann's and buy it there. You can also get a 20% off total purchase coupon if you go to the following link, then you can get up to 70% off. http://printable-coupons.blogspot.co...n-coupons.html
Old 03-20-2011, 04:15 PM

Yes, I have one and I love to wind several bobbins at one time. It does a very good job.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:22 PM

I have a sidewinder and love it. The only problem I have and not even a problem with it, is that my Husquvarna bobbins won't work in it. but my brothers ones will.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:24 PM

I love my Sidewinder and my quilting partner says she doesn't know what she did without hers... she HATES having to take thread out of her needle and having to rethread it just to wind a bobbin! Nothing beats the convenience of having the little machine close so a bobbin can be filled in a flash! Worth the money in our opinions.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:24 PM

My friend bought me one for Christmas and I love it.
It works great winding the bobbins for all 3 of my Janome machines as well as my Kenmore Computerized machine.
Used it just today:-))
Old 03-20-2011, 04:45 PM

What a neat trick, thanks for the idea!
Old 03-20-2011, 04:46 PM

BEST PURCHASEI'VE MADE IN A LONG TIME , YOU CAN FILL THE BOBBINS SO MUCH FASTER AND THEY SEEM TO BE FULLER TOO