Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Bobbin Winders at WalMart

Blog Entries
    I use mine all the time...fits all my machines and I hate unthreading just to wind a bobbin. I keep my hand on the spool so it doesn't fly off. the knob gives you the tension for winding...I use pre-wound in my juki when I'm quilting...can't beat them, they go along ways

I have the Sidewinder, have had it for a while, and I love it.
    It works very, very well. I would recommend it. :thumbup:

I have a viking mega quilter and I can wind my bobbins on my Walmart sidewinder. The method I use when using a large spool of thread is to put it on my Large thread holder for my machine and then thru the guides on the sidewinder. Works for me. Bobbins are cheap. I have at least 20 for each machine and when I start a project I load up bobbins and away we go.

I have had a Sidewinder since they first came out. If I wind them with the battery they are too loose but if I use electricity they are fine.

I have a sidewinder from Joanns I loveit.

Junior Member Kathi Kraftyzales's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love my Sidewinder and use it all the time. I keep my hand on top of the large spools to keep it from flying off. Until NOW!! I just checked it out and the plastic piece adjusts to a taller height. This I did not know. It will no longer be necessary to hold the spool in place.
    Thanks for prompting me to investigate.

Hi I have the sidewinder, but no longer able to use it for my Pfaff creative vision as it will not take the larger bobbins. There is a newer one out but the cost is $99.00 at Joanns. They do not let you use the coupon for it, so I did not buy. It will do the larger bobbins.
    The one I do have, worked just fine for my machine that took regular size bobbins.

my dd bought me a sidewinder for Christmas, I love it. I use a lot of white thread and do 6-8 bobbins at a time.

Blog Entries
    I've had my Sidewinder for several years now and love it. I wind my bobbins from a large cone on my metal thread stand and have no problems at all. I have several vintage machines that don't wind bobbins well at all or that need attention so the Sidewinder really does come in handy for me. At first I thought it was a little too lightweight but we've gotten used to each other I guess...but I do put a small piece of rubber shelf liner under it and just hold it down with one hand. Works for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC
    Quote Originally Posted by okiedee
    Thanks to all for the info....don't know what I am going to do...maybe just go buy more bobbins and spend some time rewinding those...thanks again...this is the best group ever...I so appreciate y'all. Hugs, Dee
    I asked about the Sidewinder a couple of months ago, I have a Viking and a Bernina. I was told they didn't work on thoser brands.
    I use mine on the bernina and I love my sidewinder

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4