Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Busted! >

Busted!

Busted!

Old 02-04-2011, 07:02 PM

Cheaper than therapy you know.I added fifty yards today.Not stash, quilt projects.Projects do make me fell better.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:13 PM

Well, he may be retired from one thing but sounds like he's got enough energy to find something else to do...especially if he's that worried about money...
Old 02-04-2011, 07:14 PM

What video would that be??
Old 02-04-2011, 09:52 PM

I go shopping at Salvation Army & St V'S & yard sales a lot. Get lots of goodies that way. So when I do go to the fabric store my DH doesn't care cause he knows I don't over spend (much). Now & then I do get carried away. He took me to a fabric store awhile back & told me to get what I wanted & he would sit in the car, & to take my time. I was in seventh heaven. He came in to check on me about an hour later & with a basket full of bolts, I told him I was almost done. He said not to hurry & went back to the car. Another hour later, he came back in & I had put every thing back & had an empty cart. When I saw him I said I was ready to go. He had the most dumb founded look on his face & when we go to the car, without me buying one thing, he said to me "I just don't understand you sometimes". I worry about myself at times too. LOL
Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Halo
I go shopping at Salvation Army & St V'S & yard sales a lot. Get lots of goodies that way. So when I do go to the fabric store my DH doesn't care cause he knows I don't over spend (much). Now & then I do get carried away. He took me to a fabric store awhile back & told me to get what I wanted & he would sit in the car, & to take my time. I was in seventh heaven. He came in to check on me about an hour later & with a basket full of bolts, I told him I was almost done. He said not to hurry & went back to the car. Another hour later, he came back in & I had put every thing back & had an empty cart. When I saw him I said I was ready to go. He had the most dumb founded look on his face & when we go to the car, without me buying one thing, he said to me "I just don't understand you sometimes". I worry about myself at times too. LOL
What a sweet, patient, husband you must have.
I believe as sewers we just like to look and touch and see what is out there. We can dream of what we would like to make and then somewhere along the way our common sense kicks in and we tell ourselves I really don't "need" this fabric. It is just a "want" at this time, so we go empty handed but happy we had the experience.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:27 PM

I have been doing the same thing with my fabrics. I was inspired by Sunshines organization so yesterday my husband came in while I was organizing and putting fabrics on the boards. He said wow, you sure have a lot of fabric ( I really don't). Then he says I think I am going to have to put you on a fabric budget. He was joking but I was thinking yes yes, give me a budget and I will spend every penny of it on fabric. LOL Truth is I have spent very little for what I have. A lot of it was given to me by a friend who passed along some fabric she was given, since she does not sew. I have laughed at many of the comments so far. I can see we have to be more discreet about our stash. :)
Old 02-05-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by franie
Men! Tell him it is an investment!
Men like this sort of reasoning. Organize your stash and it won't seem like so much to him.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:57 AM

with prices going up and up and up, tell him it's an investment in your future.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:29 AM

My husband bought an old HD9B Alyce Chalmers tractor and has restored it. He has spent oodles of money on it so he doesn't say a word about my fabrics. besides that I was smart and made him a quilt which he loves. You might try that as well. Jan :D :D :D Jan
Old 02-05-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Halo
Oh, you need therapy. Stash therapy as soon as possible. A husband who goes to the store with you and you leave without buying anything? Four fat quarters can send my DH into depression about where we are going to store more fabric.