Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying Fabric on eBay

I never had a problem. However, I have restricted my purchasing to strips and fat quarters.

Never had a problem.

I have never had a problem. I check the sellers rating I read the desciption carefully, and mske sure I buy name brand fabric. If they don't put enough description, I either don't deal with them or if I think I have to have the fabric, I will email a question to them.

Never had a problem whatsoever buying fabric on eBay...would love to know who did - and why. I've gotten quality fabric each time - and mailed fairly quickly with reasonable shipping cost.

I've purchased from a co., I believe, "Crows nest". Absolutely no problems, speedy, fair shipping price and at something like $2.70 a yard, it has been great for my charity quilting. But, about 6 months later, saw the same fabric in my Walmart at about the same price.
    Karen

I buy fabric on Ebay all the time and have never had a problem, I've been very pleased with all that I have purchased. My caveat is that you read everything that relates to the item so you don't pay for 1/2 yard thinking that it is for a yard. Some of the panels I 've found on Ebay are one of a kind and I'm tickled with them.

I've bought material off Ebay several time and never had a problem. All of the material was good quality.

I've bought a number of times on ebay, never a problem with any fabric ... once or twice a seller was slow to ship or sent the wrong item but soon made it right
    If you buy from highly-rated sellers and buy major manuf. prints and precuts, you should have no problem. Check the SH, some do charge more for SH than is reasonable. I wouldn't buy odd lots or unnamed fabrics, no telling what you may get there ... :roll:

I've bought fabric a few times on ebay in last couple months and all good quality, a whole lot better than what you will find in Walmarts or any fabric store like Hancocks.

Blog Entries
    I buy lots of fabric from Ebay. Last night I purchased 6 yards for a lap quilt I made from a jelly roll. It is an older jelly roll and I couldn't find the fabric anywhere. I always check the seller's feedback rating and make sure it comes from a smoke free home.

Blog Entries
    I buy lots of fabric from Ebay. Last night I purchased 6 yards for a lap quilt I made from a jelly roll. It is an older jelly roll and I couldn't find the fabric anywhere. I always check the seller's feedback rating and make sure it comes from a smoke free home.

I got a great piece of vintage fabric on ebay. Another time what I thought was yo-yos turned out to be 1 inch circles. So embarrassed, just sucked it up.

I did buy some fabric that was supposed to be silk and velvet scraps. The package was $65 and I just wanted to send it back and get my money back since it was everything, but not silks or velvet. The seller would not take it back and e-bay did not give me any help.
    On another purchase I received axactly as advertised and was very pleased. As they say buyer beware.
    Rosie

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redmadder
    I got a great piece of vintage fabric on ebay. Another time what I thought was yo-yos turned out to be 1 inch circles. So embarrassed, just sucked it up.
    It's called tuition. ;) ;) No need to be embarrassed.

Blog Entries
    I have purchased fabric on e-bay. I look for words like quilt store quality or specific names like Moda, RJR, Timeless Treasures to help me decide. I have found that the more cutsy the fabric, more likely it is not of high quality. I have received poorer quality in the past. I am much more careful now. And you get good deals there.

That said I usually buy my fabric at LQS or through Connecting Threads. I spend more, but I get what I want instead of what is being offered.

Blog Entries
    Unlike many, I bought some fabric lots years ago and was seriously unhappy. Altho they were supposed to be from a quilt shop (got me, tricky wording, I guess), it was not all cotton or even quilting fabric. Lots of knits, overpriced to boot. I also had trouble when buying some squares, they included the selvedge!! Guess I should have returned then and raised a stink, but I didn't have the energy then and basically just quilt buying. Now that I have some good sellers, maybe I'll go look again. It's been quite a while.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeysnana
    . . . . I always check the seller's feedback rating and make sure it comes from a smoke free home.
    Me, too. Especially from the smoke free home. I have purchased things from e-bay that has such a yucky smokey smell that I wind up throwing it away or sending it back if the cost was more than I can to throw away.

Blog Entries
    I love Ebay gotten some really good deals plus Iv also sold alot, I just make sure of the feedback there percentage rate for example if there feedback is 113 and there percentage is 80 per cent don't buy ,read the post or message really good so you know exactlly what your getting , if I have questions I email and ask, I only do paypal because of the protection policy they have and its much easier and quicker

I have made a lot of fabric purchases on ebay in the last few months and there is only one where the color was a little different than pictured (but I still love it) but I think that is a computer monitor issue, like TVs diferent ones can have different colors on the same show.

I do make a point of only buying fabrics like Moda, Thimbleberries, Jinny Beyer, etc. and I do watch the ratings and make sure that they have a positive feedback record

I have brought lots of fabric from ebay and alway's very pleased with my purchase.

I've only bought fabric on e-bay once, and it was fine. I got a great price. The seller was a rep for a fabric company, and he was selling off all his previous year's samples. I used pay pal for the transaction.

I've always had good experiences buying fabric on ebay. Also you are protected by ebay if you have a dispute with a seller. If you're are feeling cautious about purchasing it check out their ratings and contact other buyers. They have power sellers who have stores and reputations to protect so are usually honest sellers. The bad ones don't last too long.

I have purchased on Ebay, most recently some butterfly applquies and a whole cloth pillow kit. Just look at the sellers profile. I have noticed lately there is a lot of quilt shops selling on Ebay and you don't get anything different than their online store and the prices were the same. Alot had the precuts but again the prices seemed the same as the online shop. Hope this helped

I have had very good experiences with purchasing fabric on ebay. But I do check feedback before putting in a bid.

I bought a lot of fabric from a lady on ebay that has a quilt shop in lexington the name of her store is Quilting Quest and the quality is terriffic. I posted a topic on here for it and someone put a link to her site. I don't know how to find it but if you can check the recent topics you might find it. The prices are right on her site too.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast