Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Thread: Buying Fabric on eBay

Terrible... I will never buy from eBay again. I had successfully bid on a packet of Civil War fabric. First of all, PayPal, for some reason, didn't record my transaction (but I had a copy of the receipt saying that the transaction had been approved, thank goodness). Second, although I paid, I never got the fabric I successfully bid on. Never, never, never again! Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!

Banned
    look for sellers feedback, at first buy fabric known to you,it is difficult when you can't actually see well and certainly not touch which I find a great drawback.
    I have bought lots from ebay and been very plsed,did once have a stiff fabric but when washed softened; I buy q/tops and have had no grat problems except two where one had a tiny hole in and other prick blood but the selers were v honorable and refunded my money.

I have bought fabric on eBay several times with great results. My suggestion is to stay with vendors that have high ratings.
    Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by earlylace
    I have always had a good experience.
    Me too!

I have bought fabric many times and never had a problem. Knock on wood!

I buy most of my fabric on ebay and have never had an issue. I have several sellers that I frequent the most but am always willing to try someone new. I always, always review their feedback before making a purchase.

While I love LQS I find I can get excellent prices in the ebay auctions. I just put things I'm interested in purchasing on my watch list. If the price is low enough I'll bid. I often get things like 15 FQs for about $18.00 including the shipping. I only purchase top quality fabric too such as Moda, RJR, Michael Miller etc...

I purchase pre-cuts as well as yardage. I'm a big fan of ebay. Hope that helps!

Great never a problem.....and great prices!!

Quote Originally Posted by EagarBeez
    I have never had a problem, except once I ordered a panel, or at least I thought it was a panel. What I got was half a panel. I thought that it was a complete panel, but, after I recieved it, I saw the panel also had another scene as well. The person cut the panel in 2 selling both pieces separately
    I had the same thing happen to me. I was not a happy camper. Overall though I've had good experiences buying on eBay. When I first started quilting, I bought a lot from eBay. I was making Project Linus quilts, using themed FQs, so it was a great way to build up a stash.

I bought fabric from a dealer who had a good rating and the fabric was crummy not what was shown in the pictures at all I was very disappointed and to top it off she wouldn't respond to my emails. so I don't buy from ebay anymore

Hosta, don't let a bad experience keep you away from eBay. In all the years I've bought fabric from eBay, I've only had one bad experience. (And it really wasn't all that bad.)

Blog Entries
    I've found their wide backing fabrics to be priced a little better than Fatbacks bargain backs. You have to factor in shipping costs too.

I have bought a lot from ebay. Besides looking at the feedback of the seller I also look at the other things they are selling. If someone is selling just a few pieces of fabric, it makes me think that they may not know much about it and I avoid them. I like to buy from the sellers that have a basic little quilt shops.

I have been a buyer on Ebay for years! Never, (knock on wood) had a problem with it. I would suggest looking at the sellers feedback rate and reading their customer comments. If their rate isn't 100% I look and see why. If it was a problem with the item, I won't buy from them. If it was a problem with slow shipping, I will consider it since you really don't have any control for how long something takes to ship. I hope this helps!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9