Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Casket cover quilt vs. casket flowers >

Casket cover quilt vs. casket flowers

Casket cover quilt vs. casket flowers

Old 10-17-2011, 03:19 PM

GREAT IDEA!!!! I will have a closed casket because I don't want anyone saying "Boy, she really was the ugliest one of the three!!!!!!!" I don't have time to tell the story behind this but two people said it to my face that I wasn't as pretty as my sisters. Thanks for listening to me!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ButtermilkMama
GREAT IDEA!!!! I will have a closed casket because I don't want anyone saying "Boy, she really was the ugliest one of the three!!!!!!!" I don't have time to tell the story behind this but two people said it to my face that I wasn't as pretty as my sisters. Thanks for listening to me!!!!!!
Just so you know, some of us have pretty faces, and some have beautiful hearts. Guess which one matters to God. :thumbup:
Old 10-17-2011, 03:33 PM

I have spent the last few days with Grandma who is dying. She has talked about her pillows that she has made and I was thinking it would be nice to have one in the casket with her. Now I just have to convince the family of this. There are 7 grandkids and coming to a concensus could be difficult.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:39 PM

I had made a lap quilt for my MIL out of an AMAZING GRACE PANEL( she called herslf that & her name was GRACE) I was surprised when my husband wanted it in the casket. I was EVEN more surprised, when my daughter in her 20's ask if she could keep it as a momento! If you notice more & more florist, ect are carrying woven throws for funerals,ect
Old 10-17-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by kathyd
I have spent the last few days with Grandma who is dying. She has talked about her pillows that she has made and I was thinking it would be nice to have one in the casket with her. Now I just have to convince the family of this. There are 7 grandkids and coming to a concensus could be difficult.
So why not get the funeral director to help you in your cause? Maybe he could suggest that since it's something she really wanted it would be a nice thing to do. JMHO
Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 PM

Never thought of doing that but I like the idea.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
then I want my kids to hurl my ashes at whatever neighbor I'm mad at at that time.
Too funny! Geez...I just moved when I got sick of my neighbors. LOL!!!

~ C.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by humbird
My DH and I have been married 55 years. Our plan is to be cremated, and who ever goes 1st will keep the ashes until the other goes, then our family will put them together and bury them in a family plot. After this many years (and who know how many more there may be) together, I just don't want to think about being seperated at death. No flowers.......no quilt. But I really do like the idea for those who will use a casket.

We have all seen posts on this board, "Support your LQS" My daughter works part time for a florist. She would say,
"Support your Local Florist" Just a thought.
Just had to add here, our friend who died recently owned a floral business with her family. In her obituary in the paper it said, in liou(sp) of a donation, please send flowers. I just thought it was a thing to make us smile at the time. Loved it.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by ButtermilkMama
I agree with Madam Kelly; I bet you have a beautiful heart...and a beautiful face too...
Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 PM

Hope you outlive those two meanies! Bwahahaha!