Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas 2013 >

Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Old 06-09-2013, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by doodle07quilts View Post
Hello,
I was wondering if any of you have started to make Christmas gifts, and if so, what are you making?
I need ideas
Thanks Much and Happy Quilting
I am working on two simple quilts for my grandsons. Sent them (with their Mom's help) to equilter.com to pick out fabrics; I am making one Sock Monkeys quilt (have that top done already!) and one that is a whole-cloth top of a bunch of superheroes all together....a very busy print. Have to piece that one together, as equilter had just a few random-sized pieces left. As they live in Salt Lake City, I will back both with fleece and do some minimal straight line quilting to hold it all together. Their mom will be getting one too: I found her flat sheet from her childhood bedroom and will use that as the backing for a quilt.....the boys will pick out the fabrics for it when they visit at the end of June. May not be my most coordinated or prettiest quilt ever, but she will love it! Probably going to use a Trip Around the World design and 6" or so squares so the fabrics are the focus. Can't wait to see what the boys think she will like....it will definitely be interesting!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:06 AM
Power Poster

Those are real cute.

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
I'm making these as Stocking Fillers
Old 06-09-2013, 04:10 AM

My MIL and I are making Oxmoor's Christmas Quilt together...will see if we get it finished in time to give to my son and his wife for xmas...
Old 06-09-2013, 04:12 AM
dd

Gee and I thought I was doing good have one quilt top finished. I used stash and white to make a D9P. Haven't really thought too much about it but it sounds like I had better get busy.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I just hope to get over the Shingles by Christmas.
Oh my...I just got over the shingles, although mine wasn't nearly as severe as what my husband had last year...I feel for you really...
Old 06-09-2013, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
Am planning to make pot holders, coasters, hot pads for table, placemats, rice bags, a tote bag or two, and a scrappy quilt to donate. May help do small stockings and ornaments for local kids program.
Mariposa, what are rice bags? Are they the bags you heat in microwave and put on sore muscles? Do you have a pattern?? Thanks!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:40 AM

My goodness, I am beginning to feel quite unproductive! How wonderful that there are so many handmade quilty things being added to the world! Wish I had time to make more of a contribution! Well done all of you!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:50 AM

I feel pretty unproductive as well!! I do have one top finished. But I have been so busy taking care of DH that I just have not had the time to get much quilting done. Luckily I managed to get our DD wedding dress done in time for the wedding. That took me 5 mos of sewing. I probably would have been done a lot sooner had DH not crashed his m/c and gotten so badly hurt. Luckily he is home now and recovering. Sadly he missed DD wedding : (

Christmas I have a lot of thoughts, just need to get busy when I can find the time.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:16 AM

I haven't started anything yet sure did but Christmas fabric, just in case I get inspired.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:35 AM

My goal is to finish up 1 a week--whether charity or not--and that should take care of presents if I want to give quilts away. Since I don't live next to family, I probably shouldn't even post, but I have some things in mind about what I want to take NEXT year to the states to give my family when son nr. 2 wants to get married.