Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Color Catcher Warning..when washing fabrics

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi View Post
    I did a post on this months ago because ago. I put mine in mesh bags. They are not sold in most European countries becasue of the clogging.
    I know you did. I saw it and only used a color catcher once after that and pinned it to the fabric. Only I didn't know that it was already too late; there was already one in my pump. That is why when I had it happen I wanted to bring it up again and I pointed out that it had been mentioned before. Color catchers work great but now I pin them to an old wash cloth and run them thru. Thank you for the orginal post. I'm happy that my post is still going after a few weeks. Its good to get the word out. I had a really hard time being without my washer for about 2 wks and also my daughter brings hers over to do. When I finally got it fixed I thought I'd never get the laundry caught up between me, her and her two kids.
    Judy

You're better off to treat your fabrics or finished quilt with Retayne. This removes excess dies and sets the remaining colors. It takes about 1/4 cup per quilt, wash in hot water, rinse and future washing can be done in any temperature water. Makes it a no brainer for a gifted quilt that you won't be able to control how it is treated.
    OzarksGma

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4