Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 10/14!! >

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 10/14!!

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 10/14!!

Old 10-14-2012, 04:09 AM

Hi everyone. It is 11 p.m. Sunday evening for me and I managed to get a couple of things done today. One was a toy snake for my one year old granddaughter who keeps trying to pinch the one I made for her baby cousin, and the other was layering and spray basting a Christmas twister wreath that I have had sitting around for a month or so.

It also happened to be a lovely sunny day so I did have to get some work done outside.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369523[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369524[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1000769-copy.jpg   p1000772-copy.jpg  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:10 AM

I am having a very productive weekend for a change. Last night I finished binding a baby quilt. Yesterday I finished quilting my Summer in the Park quilt. It was my first time quilting feathers and I am thrilled how it came out! Today I am binding my quilt and will post pics later.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:14 AM
Power Poster

Good morning quilters! Just getting started on my todo list.

Make a few fabric flowers for presents

re- organize my long UFO list for completing

Ready my oecean Waves quilt for LAM

Start a new scrappy quilt.

Just guess what I start first

peace
Old 10-14-2012, 04:29 AM

My goal today is to sew together all of my pin wheel blocks. I'd love to be able to get the borders cut out and attached. Happy sewing everyone!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:44 AM

OK I'll join up! Once it's official then I won't feel too guilty that I am ignoring other things that need doing, after all I made a 'commitment'. lol

9:45 for me and I just found this.......I want to finish the wallhanging that is partially done on the design wall, get it onto the long arm and get it quilted. That may be a bit ambitious as I want to experiment with some new quilting techniques with very close quilting & that takes time in front of the machine. But then there is also a scrappy 'tumbler template' project to work on that I am itching to get back to, and using the same template I want to do an Alzheimer's donation Q.

Good luck to you all for today's work!!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:47 AM

I'm up and waiting for my coffee to brew. I feel like I need some this morning for sure...

I plan to keep working on quilting a queen size OBW for DH and I. I did the SITD around the borders, and then set up the machine (HQ Sixteen sit-down) and got a start on the FMQ yesterday. I quit for the evening when my thread shredded for the second time, so I'll put a fresh needle in this morning and get back to it after I've had a couple of cups of coffee! (It's not even 6 a.m. here yet.)

The first pic is the FMQ motif I came up with for it. I almost always draw/plan motifs before I start stitching... The second is the quilt in-progress on the machine, and the third is a closeup of a quilted block. The stitching is a little hard to see, but hopefully you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails quilt-obw-fmqdesign.jpg   quilt-obw-onbertha.jpg   quilt-obw-block.jpg  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:49 AM

Good morning all! And good evening to some of you I love your wreath, Deecee. That's one of the patterns on my list for today (just needs binding).

So, here goes. This is the plan for today. There are 6 baby quilties here, and a lap quilt which all need their binding handstitched. I'm going to sit down in front of a James Bond marathon, and see how much I can get done today. And if (when) I get tired of doing handstitching, I have one quilt on the long arm, and 3 more that need binding made. How many hours are there in a day?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369546[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pa140373.jpg  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:55 AM

Love both of them...that snake would make a great door wind stopper. love the colors!!
Originally Posted by Deecee View Post
Hi everyone. It is 11 p.m. Sunday evening for me and I managed to get a couple of things done today. One was a toy snake for my one year old granddaughter who keeps trying to pinch the one I made for her baby cousin, and the other was layering and spray basting a Christmas twister wreath that I have had sitting around for a month or so.

It also happened to be a lovely sunny day so I did have to get some work done outside.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369523[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369524[/ATTACH]
Old 10-14-2012, 04:56 AM

I bought a set of quarter circle templates at the quilt show, so I'm going to play with those today. I drew a pattern yesterday, inspired by something I saw on the net. I'll probably just start with a baby size quilt until I get comfortable with the curves and see how easy they are to sew together. I hope to have something pieced by the end of the day.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:58 AM

I finished the Dr. Suess quilt top for my son (who is 27) who designed it...that was a huge saving in time. I think I may do that in the future for others...now to get ready to visit the folks. [ATTACH=CONFIG]369550[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]369550[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]369550[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 112_4003.jpg