Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15 >

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15

Old 04-17-2012, 07:03 AM

I have a little quilt top cut out and ready to sew, but first I have to go out and buy more white cotton thread. It's annoying that I can't just stay in my pj's and get to work on it.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by leakus View Post
Too bad I didn't see this post earlier. Its been a while since I spent a couple of hours quilting and I am missing it very much but for some reason I am not inspired. After seening this thread I wanted to join. Is there anybody still there?
My inspiration kinda comes & goes, too. I think having a sewing day will help, don't you?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
This is the quilt top that I put together this past weekend. The whole process has taken a little over a month of sewing here and there. I like to sew in stages. Get everything ready. Strip piece everything I can. Put the blocks together, then sliced the blocks and reput together. Then the block set a few weeks. I sewed all 42 blocks in 7 rows of 6. Currently is has a small blue border on which is not pictured.
Oh, I love, love, love this quilt! What did you say it was called again? It's fabulous!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
I've peeked in from time to time. It's fun to see what everyone is working on! I sewed 3 hours yesterday with 2 of my sisters at their church making pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer. We meet once a month to make pillowcase dresses for Little Dresses for Africa, and now also pillowcases. I make pillowcases to turn into the dresses- much more fun and less sheer! We have a lot of fun, and most of the women don't even sew. 2 machines- pedal to the metal. Today I had my 14 year old cousin over and we made a pillowcase for the birthday party she was going to this afternoon. She loves to iron, pin, and operate the pedal but not actually guide the material. No pics to show as my sister has the camera card from yesterday. I also got my 10" squares cut for a jar swap, to be mailed tomorrow. Now to do my taxes.
I think it would be fun to sew together every month!
Oh, I've always wanted to make some of those Little Dresses. They have a special pattern, don't they?

OK... I'm dumb... what is a jar swap?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
Thanks everyone for joining in with me yesterday!! Feel free to continue to post pics of what you got done yesterday. it was a lot of fun having a place to check in, and it made my binding task a lot less boring for sure, though I still have half the quilt to do

So I was thinking that May 20 would be a good day to do this again. It's a week after the US Mother's Day and is enough in advance that we can all plan to be there or be square!! I will make a post about it again about mid-May to remind everyone, but be sure to mark your calendars!! This was too fun not to do it again!!

Cheers!
Rachel
I will be there with bells on!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
ok,i slept thru it! i was planning on sewing with you! may 20th written on the refrigerator in permanent black ink!!! (jk, it's erasable) if anyone wants to do this before then, just post--i have so much to finish and even more to start!! help!!!
"I have so much to finish & even more to start" -- you said a mouthful there, sister! LOL! Me, too!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
one last try to post picture is anybody else having problems with actually posting I keep losing link to qb and then have to retype everything so keeping this one short incase it doesnt post. Well it did so here is a quick edit. Sorry have not commented on others people's work much but everytime I tried to the post did not get throught and it was taking too much time. Thanks to all for sharing and making day so enjoyable, hopefully will join you on 20th May especial thanks to Rachel for organising. Eileen
What a fabulous quilt! I love it! Don't feel bad... the board freezes up so bad on me that I copy off everything I post so I can paste it back when it reboots... grrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hemlock Tea View Post
Here's the quilt I worked on last night- this is my second attempt at FMQ- the first attempt was meander and pebbles. This one I drew a feathery leaf pattern in disappearing ink before quilting. Started i nthe middle, a little wobbly, but a definitely improved the further along I went. I was going to make this into a wallhanging for my office, but now I think I'll save it if I need a baby quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328371[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]328374[/ATTACH]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemlock_tea/6939423442/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemlock_tea/6939433532/

I think I started this about a year ago with a random partial charm pack of Cherish Nature, and some leftover unbleached muslin charm squares. Had no idea what to use for backing since the line had been out of print for so long, then I found the perfect birdhouse print at Joann, right colors and everything. The fabric for tiny inner border will be the binding as well. It was a remnant, and the right color, I think it might be a poly blend, but oh well.

Ooooh... this is darling! What a great baby quilt! I like everything you post but this one really appeals to me!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:36 PM

Great job everyone!! By working together we'll get those WIPS out of our closet yet!! I have made a new post for our next virtual quilt day. Remember May 20th!!

I am almost done the binding on my quilt, i will post a pic once I am done. I should have it done tomorrow.

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 04-17-2012, 04:48 PM

WOW..I am still hand quilting my grandsons quilt..been at it non stop for 2 1/2 days!! Hopefully can finish it tonight..REady to be done with this one and on to other projects..Count me in for the 20th!!