Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15

Quote Originally Posted by leakus View Post
    Too bad I didn't see this post earlier. Its been a while since I spent a couple of hours quilting and I am missing it very much but for some reason I am not inspired. After seening this thread I wanted to join. Is there anybody still there?
    I'm here... like a bad rash... LOL! My quilting spirit is kinda waning... think I'll go heat up the rest of my take-out from lunch & look thru some of the .pdf patterns here on my 'puter. That counts as sewing, doesn't it?
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I didn't see this post earlier and wish to have the option of doing it every Sunday. I have one border left on my pop quilt (black and white disappearing nine patch with a touch of robins egg blue). It's huge! My largest quilt yet. I still have to sew the pieces of the outer border together, but that's what I plan on doing after dinner. Maybe this coming Sunday I will finish sewing the top if I do not get the itch to finish it prior to next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
    It was a lot of fun to quilt with everyone today!! I will definitely do this again, maybe once a month!! I hope you can figure out how to resize your pics, what photo program do you have maybe someone can give you some tips!! Either way at least you got a lot accomplished today, that's a great thing.

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Oh, Rachel... please. please, please do this again! Once a month works for me! It will keep me accountable & on track because I have exactly one zillion projects to get to! Post early for the next go-round, OK? Hugs to you for doing this for us!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    I'm in ---- actually taking a break now --have aftermath of migraine and compressed nerve in foot so called in to work today. So, when the eyesight improved and the peddle can be worked with the other foot, I finished doing the quilting of quads on the outer borders of a quilt for a co-worker's son age 9 who is going through treatment for lymphoma. Next is to finish quilting the quilt the granddaughter made for her oldest sister who is coming out on Thursday. That will b e the major accomplishments of the day. I am also going to plot out a few blocks from Eleanor Burns' Tales of First Ladies book. I think I am going to do the Martha Washington Wreath first as I need to practice applique. I will finish my star block for my swap partner today too I hope!

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a winner here. Does this mean an impromtu quilting retreat is a repeat down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    I'm here... like a bad rash... LOL! My quilting spirit is kinda waning... think I'll go heat up the rest of my take-out from lunch & look thru some of the .pdf patterns here on my 'puter. That counts as sewing, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
    leakus, I'm here. Just got home from work awhile ago & had to check out the board before I started sewing. I'm finishing up the binding on my latest quilt. I HATE binding, but I'm determined to get it done today.
    So I really am nutty as a fruitcake because I enjoy binding so much? Rebecca, you're one weird bird!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I didn't see this post earlier and wish to have the option of doing it every Sunday. I have one border left on my pop quilt (black and white disappearing nine patch with a touch of robins egg blue). It's huge! My largest quilt yet. I still have to sew the pieces of the outer border together, but that's what I plan on doing after dinner. Maybe this coming Sunday I will finish sewing the top if I do not get the itch to finish it prior to next weekend.
    It would be fun to have this be a regular thing... a hen party as my DH would call it... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by WilliP View Post
    Sounds like a winner here. Does this mean an impromtu quilting retreat is a repeat down the line?
    I hope so! I'm game... anything to distract me from cooking or cleaning... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Pop Quilt mentioned in last post

This is the quilt top that I put together this past weekend. The whole process has taken a little over a month of sewing here and there. I like to sew in stages. Get everything ready. Strip piece everything I can. Put the blocks together, then sliced the blocks and reput together. Then the block set a few weeks. I sewed all 42 blocks in 7 rows of 6. Currently is has a small blue border on which is not pictured.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've peeked in from time to time. It's fun to see what everyone is working on! I sewed 3 hours yesterday with 2 of my sisters at their church making pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer. We meet once a month to make pillowcase dresses for Little Dresses for Africa, and now also pillowcases. I make pillowcases to turn into the dresses- much more fun and less sheer! We have a lot of fun, and most of the women don't even sew. 2 machines- pedal to the metal. Today I had my 14 year old cousin over and we made a pillowcase for the birthday party she was going to this afternoon. She loves to iron, pin, and operate the pedal but not actually guide the material. No pics to show as my sister has the camera card from yesterday. I also got my 10" squares cut for a jar swap, to be mailed tomorrow. Now to do my taxes.
    I think it would be fun to sew together every month!

Everyone's project are wonderful, and as always so inspiring. I wish I had seen the post sooner, I think I would have finished up the quilt I am working on for my sister.
    Definitely next time!

Suze

Pop Quilt Top Finished

I thought I could wait and sew on the last border, but it didn't happen. Just got to excited to get the top done. It measures 84X96. Thinking about adding another 5 inch border later on, but for this week it's done.

So I just finished my very first quilt top ! And I am thrilled to death about it...I cannot wait to get the backing on and get it quilted. This was just so much fun to do. I am really excited about learning more and making tons and tons of quilts! My DH and I went to dinner tonight for our anniversary (tomorrow) and about half way through dinner he said..."You are just itching to get home and finish that quilt aren't ya?"...Yep I was!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise1 View Post
    I just started working on Jason Yenter's Illumination quilt. He is my favorite designer and I absolutely love these fabrics. The colors are so rich and deep.

Today I hope to complete 4 blocks from the pieces I have cut out. You can see that I did the first block yesterday.

Thanks for organizing this quilting day. What a great idea!

Elise
    Those are gorgeous fabrics! Now I'll be on the look out for them! Did you get them online?

I also wanted to add the quilt I was working on today. It was my first try at a Storm at Sea.

Last edited by virtualbernie; 04-15-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: to add my contribution of the day
    Bernie

Blog Entries
    Just found this thread. I wish, also, that I had found it sooner. But a large portion of the day was spent downstairs in the "sewing" section organizing the fabric. 9 months ago today my Mother (who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's) came to live with us and my sewing room went downstairs in piles. I have lost/misplaced 9 yards of fabric for DD's quilt. More cleaning to be done. I have found UFO's that I forgot that I had and finally found ones that I wanted to finish.

Was so fun to see what everyone was working on. Next time, I'll join you.

Have a great week, ladies.

Bernie- your quilt is beautiful! It is such an original take on the Storm at Sea design.

Hi All
    reporting in.. I have the center block pieced and ready to applique'... the plan is coming together..I think..will post photo when I get plan complete...Thanks for quilting today

Judy in Phx, AZ

Blog Entries
    Took my quilt into the basement. Today I got the binding on and I'm handsewing the binding on, with my 2 doggies. We have had tornado warning since 4 pm.
    Last edited by Sandra in Minnesota; 04-15-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Added

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    Bernie- your quilt is beautiful! It is such an original take on the Storm at Sea design.
    Thank you so much but it's not an original design. I saw and fell in love with it from a pic on the internet. Copied from one of the male fabric designers, Hoffman, Miller, can't remember. I have zero design skills, lol.
    Bernie

Blog Entries
    The Jewel Box top is finished! Why did I want to miter stripes? I guess I will play with the boards tomorrow.

This is the quilt top that I put together this past weekend. The whole process has taken a little over a month of sewing here and there. I like to sew in stages. Get everything ready. Strip piece everything I can. Put the blocks together, then sliced the blocks and reput together. Then the block set a few weeks. I sewed all 42 blocks in 7 rows of 6. Currently is has a small blue border on which is not pictured.
    Wonderful top!! Looks like a disappearing nine patch, but it sounds like you actually made it an easier way than the traditional method. Very cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by blondey040300 View Post
    So I just finished my very first quilt top ! And I am thrilled to death about it...I cannot wait to get the backing on and get it quilted. This was just so much fun to do. I am really excited about learning more and making tons and tons of quilts! My DH and I went to dinner tonight for our anniversary (tomorrow) and about half way through dinner he said..."You are just itching to get home and finish that quilt aren't ya?"...Yep I was!
    Congratulations!! I hope you will share a pic with us. hubby better get used to your new addiction ... cough ... I mean hobby. hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie View Post
    Those are gorgeous fabrics! Now I'll be on the look out for them! Did you get them online?

I also wanted to add the quilt I was working on today. It was my first try at a Storm at Sea.
    Great version of Storm at Sea. What fun fabrics to use!!

Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Just found this thread. I wish, also, that I had found it sooner. But a large portion of the day was spent downstairs in the "sewing" section organizing the fabric. 9 months ago today my Mother (who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's) came to live with us and my sewing room went downstairs in piles. I have lost/misplaced 9 yards of fabric for DD's quilt. More cleaning to be done. I have found UFO's that I forgot that I had and finally found ones that I wanted to finish.

Was so fun to see what everyone was working on. Next time, I'll join you.

Have a great week, ladies.
    Thanks for joining us even is it was a little late. Be on the look out for the post next month, I am thinking we will do this again May 20 (so we don't interfere with Mother's Day in the US).

Cheers!
    Rachel

Thanks everyone for joining in with me yesterday!! Feel free to continue to post pics of what you got done yesterday. it was a lot of fun having a place to check in, and it made my binding task a lot less boring for sure, though I still have half the quilt to do

So I was thinking that May 20 would be a good day to do this again. It's a week after the US Mother's Day and is enough in advance that we can all plan to be there or be square!! I will make a post about it again about mid-May to remind everyone, but be sure to mark your calendars!! This was too fun not to do it again!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

I thought I could wait and sew on the last border, but it didn't happen. Just got to excited to get the top done. It measures 84X96. Thinking about adding another 5 inch border later on, but for this week it's done.
    Absolutely beautiful!! You should be proud of your work!! The slight touch of blue really makes this top!!

Blog Entries
    As soon as my company leaves I will join you. Have had company for 4 days & am ready for quilting time. The only sewing I have gotten done is some alterations for her (my daughter). I am going to leave the house and everything else and head for my quilting room as soon as they are out of site.

Blog Entries
    ok,i slept thru it! i was planning on sewing with you! may 20th written on the refrigerator in permanent black ink!!! (jk, it's erasable) if anyone wants to do this before then, just post--i have so much to finish and even more to start!! help!!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast