Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15

one last try to post picture is anybody else having problems with actually posting I keep losing link to qb and then have to retype everything so keeping this one short incase it doesnt post. Well it did so here is a quick edit. Sorry have not commented on others people's work much but everytime I tried to the post did not get throught and it was taking too much time. Thanks to all for sharing and making day so enjoyable, hopefully will join you on 20th May especial thanks to Rachel for organising. Eileen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cannyquilter; 04-16-2012 at 04:28 AM.

I totally forgot to check in, but I did get a lot done, not so much sewing, but a lot of organizing. I couldn't decide which WIP to work on, so I decided to clean up the sewing room, and got carried away. At least it's all tidy now, and I did decide to FMQ a quilt sandwich I've had in a drawer for ages. That's about halfway done, I'll take pictures when I get home tonight if it's not too dark (very stormy here). Oh and I completed another block for a block of the month (Fresh Lemons Summer Sampler series, I'm waaaay behind )

Name:  6935307128_d43ecd82f3_m.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  30.8 KB
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemlock_tea/6935307128/
    QMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
    one last try to post picture is anybody else having problems with actually posting I keep losing link to qb and then have to retype everything so keeping this one short incase it doesnt post. Well it did so here is a quick edit. Sorry have not commented on others people's work much but everytime I tried to the post did not get throught and it was taking too much time. Thanks to all for sharing and making day so enjoyable, hopefully will join you on 20th May especial thanks to Rachel for organising. Eileen
    Your top turned out great!! i was having issues with the board posting my posts twice, but I guess that's better than losing them!! I haven't had any issues in months though. I hope the board starts acting nice to you soon!! Thanks for joining in anyway, and I can't wait till May 20 now!! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock Tea View Post
    I totally forgot to check in, but I did get a lot done, not so much sewing, but a lot of organizing. I couldn't decide which WIP to work on, so I decided to clean up the sewing room, and got carried away. At least it's all tidy now, and I did decide to FMQ a quilt sandwich I've had in a drawer for ages. That's about halfway done, I'll take pictures when I get home tonight if it's not too dark (very stormy here). Oh and I completed another block for a block of the month (Fresh Lemons Summer Sampler series, I'm waaaay behind )

Name:  6935307128_d43ecd82f3_m.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  30.8 KB
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemlock_tea/6935307128/

Wow that is a lovely BOM!! I love that design, is this a free BOM? I may have to check it out!! glad you got some organizing done, I need to do a little of that myself!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

It was a free quiltalong of 12 blocks, not exactly a block-a-month, though it's turning out that way for me. The details are here: http://www.freshlemonsquilts.com/?page_id=1105

There's also another one with five blocks- I'm planning on doing all 17, 16 for the top, with one as a signature block on the back. The other series of 5 is here: http://www.freshlemonsquilts.com/?page_id=1534

I have 11 blocks of the Summer Sampler series completed, you can see them all here- the fabric is Tula Pink's Parisville and Kona Bone, but I'm pretty sure I screwed up and used Kona white for the last block I did. I'm going to put sashing between the blocks so it shouldn't be too noticable: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemlock...7629270063794/
    QMFAO

Virtual Quilting

What a great idea, Rachel! Sorry, I didn't get your invitation until the next day, but it's a great idea. How did it work out for you? Way to go! Dianna

Yeah! Finished the binding last night after work. Too tired to post anything last night. You can see pictures in"Pictures" under International Fabric Swap, "My Friends of the World".

This was a great idea--plan to attempt it again next month. My next quilt will be a memory quilt for my BFFs 70th birthday in Sept.

Quote[I have always wanted to go to those all day sews at a LQS store, but not knowing anyone and having to drag my machine around has always stopped me, so I decided to do the same thing with my virtual friends. I can sew in my PJs, leave my machine where it is, and still get the encouragement I need to get some much needed projects done. So come and join me today!!]Quote

I think you should go ahead and go to the sew-in. You will meet new friends and the next time you go you won't be among strangers. Quilters are very friendly!

I never did get back into the sewing room yesterday. Spent the whole day shopping for furniture, flooring, and finally - food!! Good news is we have the dining room table. yeah!!

Hope to make it May 20.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Rachel

What fun. Sorry I missed it. Maybe another time. I have several things I would love to get finished. I think you had a terrific idea!!! Thanks!!!

Hugs
    joycet

Oh! I envy you. I just logged into the computer and it is now time to groom and fed my precious ikitties, then make dinner for my DH and I before friends come over for the evening. Hope your day was wonderful and some of your goals were reached.

Here's the quilt I worked on last night- this is my second attempt at FMQ- the first attempt was meander and pebbles. This one I drew a feathery leaf pattern in disappearing ink before quilting. Started i nthe middle, a little wobbly, but a definitely improved the further along I went. I was going to make this into a wallhanging for my office, but now I think I'll save it if I need a baby quilt.

Name:  6939433532_72123fd83b_m.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  25.2 KBName:  6939423442_fb55e0b089_m.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  25.2 KB
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemlock_tea/6939423442/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemlock_tea/6939433532/

I think I started this about a year ago with a random partial charm pack of Cherish Nature, and some leftover unbleached muslin charm squares. Had no idea what to use for backing since the line had been out of print for so long, then I found the perfect birdhouse print at Joann, right colors and everything. The fabric for tiny inner border will be the binding as well. It was a remnant, and the right color, I think it might be a poly blend, but oh well.
    Last edited by Hemlock Tea; 04-16-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    QMFAO

Blog Entries
    A day late and a dollar short as always. I did enjoy reading through the thread and seeing all the great projects everyone is working on though. You all are so inspiring that it gives me a push to get back in my sewing room and do some work on the project at hand. I've been fighting with myself lately whether to spend time in the yard or in the quilting room. Decisions, decisions! I've marked my calendar for May 20th and hope to join all of you then for the next sew-in. Thanks so much Rachel!
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade

Well, I got a late start on reading the blog...but I have been quilting and sewing all day (for the past month actually)...I'm with you in spirit!

I am binding the last customer quilt & also quilting a last customer quilt. These are pro bono...actually in trade for fabric the two sisters brought to me.

I've frogged (ripped out stitching) on this Iris cross stitch top twice now...this time I like the look. I was doing it in a cream 100% poly...but the purple border/backing made the quilting too bright (was using brite white thread in the bobbin)...so, now I am using a 35 wt 100% white cotton in the center of the top (the cross stitch squares), and a purple in the borders...and a darker purple on the back...so far, so good...two blocks and three borders to go.

I'm taking a break right now, then will bind the lone star (doubknit ..thin blouse weight stuff)...made the binding last night.

Yesterday, I finished the last of 14 customer quilts (for my SILaw).. After these two quilts get to their owner...I'm going to do some spring cleaning! We have company coming next weekend.

Enjoy your sewing everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
    Today's the day!! I will be spending a good portion of today sewing and thought it would be fun to have others join me. (It's only 5 AM where I am right now, so I will be going back to sleep for a few hours first, but I wanted to get this post up for those of you in other time zones!! )

I have always wanted to go to those all day sews at a LQS store, but not knowing anyone and having to drag my machine around has always stopped me, so I decided to do the same thing with my virtual friends. I can sew in my PJs, leave my machine where it is, and still get the encouragement I need to get some much needed projects done. So come and join me today!!

The rules couldn't be any easier. Tell us what your goals are for today, then get off the computer and sew! hehe Of course every hour or couple of hours, be sure to check in and let us know how you are proceeding, share pics and offer up encouragement to others.

Here are my goals for the day:

Goals for 4/15
    1. Bind my charity rainbow quilt.
    2. Make 2 Stripe blocks for my stripes quilt
    3. Make a few blocks for my solids only quilt
    4. Bind pink quilt for my niece

I have a feeling I may only get #1 done, but I wanted to mix it up a bit so the day wouldn't be boring.

So are you joining me today? Join in any time!! Just let us know you quilty goals and be sure to check in so we can encourage you to keep going.

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marge Campbell
    TL18LS/Qbot V3 automated quilter
    https://www.facebook.com/campbellsquiltingbymarge

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea View Post
    Okay its off the frame! Mission accomplished! Now for the binding!
    I love it!
    "Seeking God's guidance is the key to success... even in daily living when we learn to LISTEN!"

Today's the day!! I will be spending a good portion of today sewing and thought it would be fun to have others join me. (It's only 5 AM where I am right now, so I will be going back to sleep for a few hours first, but I wanted to get this post up for those of you in other time zones!! )

I have always wanted to go to those all day sews at a LQS store, but not knowing anyone and having to drag my machine around has always stopped me, so I decided to do the same thing with my virtual friends. I can sew in my PJs, leave my machine where it is, and still get the encouragement I need to get some much needed projects done. So come and join me today!!

The rules couldn't be any easier. Tell us what your goals are for today, then get off the computer and sew! hehe Of course every hour or couple of hours, be sure to check in and let us know how you are proceeding, share pics and offer up encouragement to others.

Here are my goals for the day:

Goals for 4/15
    1. Bind my charity rainbow quilt.
    2. Make 2 Stripe blocks for my stripes quilt
    3. Make a few blocks for my solids only quilt
    4. Bind pink quilt for my niece

I have a feeling I may only get #1 done, but I wanted to mix it up a bit so the day wouldn't be boring.

So are you joining me today? Join in any time!! Just let us know you quilty goals and be sure to check in so we can encourage you to keep going.

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Love your idea! - you go girl!
    Love 4 stchen

I have a little quilt top cut out and ready to sew, but first I have to go out and buy more white cotton thread. It's annoying that I can't just stay in my pj's and get to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by leakus View Post
    Too bad I didn't see this post earlier. Its been a while since I spent a couple of hours quilting and I am missing it very much but for some reason I am not inspired. After seening this thread I wanted to join. Is there anybody still there?
    My inspiration kinda comes & goes, too. I think having a sewing day will help, don't you?
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    This is the quilt top that I put together this past weekend. The whole process has taken a little over a month of sewing here and there. I like to sew in stages. Get everything ready. Strip piece everything I can. Put the blocks together, then sliced the blocks and reput together. Then the block set a few weeks. I sewed all 42 blocks in 7 rows of 6. Currently is has a small blue border on which is not pictured.
    Oh, I love, love, love this quilt! What did you say it was called again? It's fabulous!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    I've peeked in from time to time. It's fun to see what everyone is working on! I sewed 3 hours yesterday with 2 of my sisters at their church making pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer. We meet once a month to make pillowcase dresses for Little Dresses for Africa, and now also pillowcases. I make pillowcases to turn into the dresses- much more fun and less sheer! We have a lot of fun, and most of the women don't even sew. 2 machines- pedal to the metal. Today I had my 14 year old cousin over and we made a pillowcase for the birthday party she was going to this afternoon. She loves to iron, pin, and operate the pedal but not actually guide the material. No pics to show as my sister has the camera card from yesterday. I also got my 10" squares cut for a jar swap, to be mailed tomorrow. Now to do my taxes.
    I think it would be fun to sew together every month!
    Oh, I've always wanted to make some of those Little Dresses. They have a special pattern, don't they?

OK... I'm dumb... what is a jar swap?
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Thanks everyone for joining in with me yesterday!! Feel free to continue to post pics of what you got done yesterday. it was a lot of fun having a place to check in, and it made my binding task a lot less boring for sure, though I still have half the quilt to do

So I was thinking that May 20 would be a good day to do this again. It's a week after the US Mother's Day and is enough in advance that we can all plan to be there or be square!! I will make a post about it again about mid-May to remind everyone, but be sure to mark your calendars!! This was too fun not to do it again!!

Cheers!
    Rachel
    I will be there with bells on!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    ok,i slept thru it! i was planning on sewing with you! may 20th written on the refrigerator in permanent black ink!!! (jk, it's erasable) if anyone wants to do this before then, just post--i have so much to finish and even more to start!! help!!!
    "I have so much to finish & even more to start" -- you said a mouthful there, sister! LOL! Me, too!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
    What a fabulous quilt! I love it! Don't feel bad... the board freezes up so bad on me that I copy off everything I post so I can paste it back when it reboots... grrrrrrrrrrr!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock Tea View Post
    Here's the quilt I worked on last night- this is my second attempt at FMQ- the first attempt was meander and pebbles. This one I drew a feathery leaf pattern in disappearing ink before quilting. Started i nthe middle, a little wobbly, but a definitely improved the further along I went. I was going to make this into a wallhanging for my office, but now I think I'll save it if I need a baby quilt.

Name:  6939433532_72123fd83b_m.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  25.2 KBName:  6939423442_fb55e0b089_m.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  25.2 KB
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemlock_tea/6939423442/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemlock_tea/6939433532/

I think I started this about a year ago with a random partial charm pack of Cherish Nature, and some leftover unbleached muslin charm squares. Had no idea what to use for backing since the line had been out of print for so long, then I found the perfect birdhouse print at Joann, right colors and everything. The fabric for tiny inner border will be the binding as well. It was a remnant, and the right color, I think it might be a poly blend, but oh well.

Ooooh... this is darling! What a great baby quilt! I like everything you post but this one really appeals to me!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Great job everyone!! By working together we'll get those WIPS out of our closet yet!! I have made a new post for our next virtual quilt day. Remember May 20th!!

I am almost done the binding on my quilt, i will post a pic once I am done. I should have it done tomorrow.

Cheers!
    Rachel

WOW..I am still hand quilting my grandsons quilt..been at it non stop for 2 1/2 days!! Hopefully can finish it tonight..REady to be done with this one and on to other projects..Count me in for the 20th!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast