Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15 >

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15

Old 04-15-2012, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Beth33 View Post
Been working on a Months of the Year project today- have no digital camera and entire 12" blocks don't fit on scanner - but have finished January(snowman), February(heart), March(shamrock, June(wedding rings), August(bee jar), October(bat). Hope to finish April and May but *hot* date at 7pm
These look great! Hope you have fun on your date!! Glad you joined me today.

Originally Posted by LTeachergeorge View Post
Did my last post get "lost"??? If so, I messed up on a bunch of blocks, but figured out how to use them as is. I've got the blocks lying on my living room floor and they are starting to look pretty good, if I do say so myself. I need to make 6 more blocks, then start sewing them together.
Can't wait to see some pics, especially on how you'll use those mess up blocks. I really hate when that happens to me, makes me so frustrated!! At least you are making lemonade.

Originally Posted by himnherr View Post
Here's my progress for the day. I'm really happy with how it is going together. Before I sew them together I will adjust them so there aren't matching strips too close together. But, for now the layout is to let me see the pattern. I hope you day went well.....
Looking great!! Is it the right size now. I think the patterns created with the more blocks just looks great!!

Originally Posted by Phannie1 View Post
Well, I started without you. I have finished two block for the Boomerang 7 block swap, a bow tuck bag (for me, I always give them away, but this one is mine.) Taken a nap and now back up there for more blocks.
Yay! I only made one bow tuck a few years ago and it was for me. I loved that purse and always got compliments on it. Hope you enjoy yours!!

Originally Posted by leatheflea View Post
Okay its off the frame! Mission accomplished! Now for the binding!
Simply lovely!! You got a lot done today, I hope you get the binding done much quicker than me!! hehe

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 04-15-2012, 01:15 PM

Beautiful Job!! Such a productive day!!

Originally Posted by himnherr View Post
Here's my progress for the day. I'm really happy with how it is going together. Before I sew them together I will adjust them so there aren't matching strips too close together. But, for now the layout is to let me see the pattern. I hope you day went well.....
Old 04-15-2012, 01:18 PM

WOW!! Great job!!! Someday I hope to be that good!!

Old 04-15-2012, 01:18 PM

I finished my flag throw and put binding on a quilt for MIL
Old 04-15-2012, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by echoemb View Post
well I'm making great progress. Another couple of hours and I'll have this one done. The sewing helpers however aren't having as much fun....
My sewing helper has his nose completely out-of-joint! He was mad when I ironed my batiks this AM -- kept bringing me his favorite nearly-dead tug toy to try to tempt me away... LOL! Then he stomped (yes, Leo stomps) out onto the screened in porch, thinking that perhaps absence might may my heart grow fonder. No such luck, puppy dog. Now that I'm resting my owwie knee & doing my hand sewing, he's out in the living room with his dad, alternately watching squirrels out the front window, napping & playing toys with him. Oh, our fur babies are so neglected, aren't they... LOL!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:31 PM

Lea, the quilting on your pink and white quilt is gorgeous!! I am so in awe of you!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:35 PM

Wow, Lea! You did good today. I'd love to see some closeups of the quilting.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:37 PM

It's finished, doesn't stand up to too close an inspection but this is for our holiday van and I am so pleased the top is done. Still got another one to go but at least some of the blocks have been started. Thanks so much Rachel for organising this, I know I would have given up ages ago without my "virtual" quilting bee it has been such fun and oh my goodness some truly beautiful quilts have been worked on I can only dream. I have taken pictures but it has taken me ages just to load them onto the computer so I guess my chances of getting them to post are slim (yes I am technically challenged)lol. It is 10pm here so I have been quilting for 12 hours but with lots of breaks and rests. Have tried to upload picture but it is too many mb and I have no idea how to reduce size so sorry. Will say good night now, thanks for being such wonderful company and enjoy the rest of your day. Eileen
Old 04-15-2012, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota View Post
I am with you gals. So far all I have done is get my backing cut, and laid on the ironing board and am going to iron it. Next is piecing the batting and putting it together. This is a charity quilt. Happy sewing gals and guys!
Oh, Sandra! How is your weather? Even tho the sun is shining like nobody's business here in the wild of western WI, our NOAA radio just went off a while ago (nearly scared the curl right outta my hair!) & said that we're in a tornado watch until 11 tonight. I've been seeing all the damage in KS (where I'm from originally) & OK (where we lived for 3 years) & now they say it's headed our way. STAY SAFE! If the sirens go off, take your sewing into the root cellar with you! LOL!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by azwendyg View Post
I've been working on this for a few hours and just got finished:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328000[/ATTACH]
There are a couple more pics and a little more info in the "Pictures" area here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5143005

Now I want go through and read everyone's posts, then I must get back to my cleaning!
Uh, that's only SPECTACULAR!!!!! I love it!