Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15

Lea, the quilting on your pink and white quilt is gorgeous!! I am so in awe of you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea View Post
    Okay its off the frame! Mission accomplished! Now for the binding!
    Wow, Lea! You did good today. I'd love to see some closeups of the quilting.
    Wendy

It's finished, doesn't stand up to too close an inspection but this is for our holiday van and I am so pleased the top is done. Still got another one to go but at least some of the blocks have been started. Thanks so much Rachel for organising this, I know I would have given up ages ago without my "virtual" quilting bee it has been such fun and oh my goodness some truly beautiful quilts have been worked on I can only dream. I have taken pictures but it has taken me ages just to load them onto the computer so I guess my chances of getting them to post are slim (yes I am technically challenged)lol. It is 10pm here so I have been quilting for 12 hours but with lots of breaks and rests. Have tried to upload picture but it is too many mb and I have no idea how to reduce size so sorry. Will say good night now, thanks for being such wonderful company and enjoy the rest of your day. Eileen

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota View Post
    I am with you gals. So far all I have done is get my backing cut, and laid on the ironing board and am going to iron it. Next is piecing the batting and putting it together. This is a charity quilt. Happy sewing gals and guys!
    Oh, Sandra! How is your weather? Even tho the sun is shining like nobody's business here in the wild of western WI, our NOAA radio just went off a while ago (nearly scared the curl right outta my hair!) & said that we're in a tornado watch until 11 tonight. I've been seeing all the damage in KS (where I'm from originally) & OK (where we lived for 3 years) & now they say it's headed our way. STAY SAFE! If the sirens go off, take your sewing into the root cellar with you! LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by azwendyg View Post
    I've been working on this for a few hours and just got finished:
    Attachment 328000
    There are a couple more pics and a little more info in the "Pictures" area here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5143005

Now I want go through and read everyone's posts, then I must get back to my cleaning!
    Uh, that's only SPECTACULAR!!!!! I love it!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
    I'm late joining because I just got home. I had not planned to do any quilting today; but all of you have inspired me. I realized that I had fat quarters to make a "Yellow Brick Road" quilt in beautiful pinks and greens. I am cutting it out and, hopefully, can start joining pieces before the day is over. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
    "Yellow Brick Road" is one of my all-tme faves (& my go-to) & I love, love, love pink & green so PLEASE post after you get this baby together, 'kay? Purty please???
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by skowron5 View Post
    We went to a local pancake breakfast and I haven't felt good since then. I did one block and I think I ripped every seam on it. Not sure today is my day to quilt. Going to rest and try a little later.
    Feel better! Look at some quilting magazines or better yet, quilting catalogs. That'll cure what ails you! Seriously, take care!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by himnherr View Post
    Here's my progress for the day. I'm really happy with how it is going together. Before I sew them together I will adjust them so there aren't matching strips too close together. But, for now the layout is to let me see the pattern. I hope you day went well.....
    I just love that! Are you going to also post it on the scrappy thread? You should!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Okay its off the frame! Mission accomplished! Now for the binding!
    Repeat after me... O M G!!!! That is absolutely gorgeous! I'm serious! Stunning! Spectacular!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by LTeachergeorge View Post
    Love the log cabin!! How wide did you make your strips? It really looks great! Linda in JC, MO
    Thanks! The strips are 1 1/2" wide. I've never made one before but after looking at several I decided I prefer the narrower strips/logs. I have 25 blocks done and think I need 23 more. That means I passed the 1/2 way point today in our virtual quilting bee! I cut my strips lights (well, some mediums, but as long as they are lighter than the darks I think they look fine), and darks into 1 1/2" widths, but I didn't cut them to length. I just sew them on after randomly grabbing one and then cut it off when done stitching. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorcmm View Post
    I finished my flag throw and put binding on a quilt for MIL
    Oh please post pictures of them when you can, OK?
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    I just love that! Are you going to also post it on the scrappy thread? You should!
    Thank you! I guess I didn't realize people were still posting on that thread. I will for sure post when I finish it.

Thanks! Heres a close up shot. If we get any closer you'll see the mistakes...LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally Posted by himnherr
    [Here's my progress for the day. I'm really happy with how it is going together. Before I sew them together I will adjust them so there aren't matching strips too close together. But, for now the layout is to let me see the pattern. I hope you day went well.....]

Looking great!! Is it the right size now. I think the patterns created with the more blocks just looks great!!~ Rachel

No, I plan on it hanging almost to the floor on a QS bed, so I'm going to add another whole row around it. That means another 23 blocks. Before I get to crazy with it, though, I will measure again. Lol! I did get to #25 today so I passed the halfway point. It was a lot of fun thinking about all of you today while my machine was humming.

Here's part of the Dresden Plates I've been working on (between looking & blabbing here... LOL!). My DH took this picture & it looks pretty pitiful. I didn't realize how wrinkled the background blocks had gotten -- I pulled these out from under a stack on my sewing table. Sorry. They look pretty sad but I think they'll clean up OK. I plan to put large circles over the centers. That's something I wanted to ask y'all. I made these (sewed them together, that is) back in the early 90's (1990, not 1790, you guys! Golly! LOL!) & needless to say, they don't make that kind of fabric anymore. So I don't know what to use for the centers & borders. Any suggestions? Like I said earlier, these were the last thing my Mother & I worked on the week before she died so even tho they may not look like much, they mean the world to me (& I'm keeping the quilt that they become!!!).

Name:  quilt blocks 1.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  156.5 KB
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by himnherr View Post
    Thank you! I guess I didn't realize people were still posting on that thread. I will for sure post when I finish it.
    I still get notifications about it & there are new additions. Yours would be most welcome! I love that thread!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Thanks! Heres a close up shot. If we get any closer you'll see the mistakes...LOL
    The only mistake is that it doesn't live at my house... LOL! It's truly stunning!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Too bad I didn't see this post earlier. Its been a while since I spent a couple of hours quilting and I am missing it very much but for some reason I am not inspired. After seening this thread I wanted to join. Is there anybody still there?
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

leakus, I'm here. Just got home from work awhile ago & had to check out the board before I started sewing. I'm finishing up the binding on my latest quilt. I HATE binding, but I'm determined to get it done today.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the closeup!!! Now if I could just figure out how you did that WONDERFUL quilting....
    Wendy

I got home from the airport and after an hour unpacking and getting jumped all over by the animals, I read all the posts and looked at the pictures. Wow, leatherflea, I didn't know you could do that with a machine. Breathtaking. The log cabin is so great, himnher. I originally made a few with the 1 1/2 inch strips but later did 2 inch. Now I've gone back to the narrow strips, it just looks so much better.

Congratulations to everyone who participated. So hope you do it again soon. I do want to join you another time.
    Vic Tori Ann Work Shop

Well, I'm done. I finished all my projects, ate lunch AND took a nap. Very productive day. Thoroughly enjoyed this and look forward to doing it again.

Still here plugging away at my hand quilting!! Hope to get at least a third of the blocks done before stopping for the night. Never got to sorting thru my scraps or finding borders for a top I did yesterday from leftover fabrics to make it a twin size. Guess that will go on the list for tomorrow.

I am i awe of the work you have all done!! Even tho I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, I still got enuf done to make me happy. Maybe next time I will be feeling better, and get more done!

Quote Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
    It's finished, doesn't stand up to too close an inspection but this is for our holiday van and I am so pleased the top is done. Still got another one to go but at least some of the blocks have been started. Thanks so much Rachel for organising this, I know I would have given up ages ago without my "virtual" quilting bee it has been such fun and oh my goodness some truly beautiful quilts have been worked on I can only dream. I have taken pictures but it has taken me ages just to load them onto the computer so I guess my chances of getting them to post are slim (yes I am technically challenged)lol. It is 10pm here so I have been quilting for 12 hours but with lots of breaks and rests. Have tried to upload picture but it is too many mb and I have no idea how to reduce size so sorry. Will say good night now, thanks for being such wonderful company and enjoy the rest of your day. Eileen
    It was a lot of fun to quilt with everyone today!! I will definitely do this again, maybe once a month!! I hope you can figure out how to resize your pics, what photo program do you have maybe someone can give you some tips!! Either way at least you got a lot accomplished today, that's a great thing.

Cheers!
    Rachel

I'm about to call it a day also. DH is trying to help me figure out how to post pictures of my day's accomplishment. We are not having much luck. It has been a ball. Thank you, Rachel, for starting it. (I could have been cleaning out the garage!!) LOL!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast