Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 6/24

Since it is 9:30 PM here I just wanted to pop in and give everyone a date for our next Virtual Quilt Day. I am looking at July 15. Someone just remind me if I forget to do a reminder post that week, I can get pretty forgetful sometimes!!

If you are still sewing today, please keep the updates coming and if you finish any projects you started with us here, share a finished pic, we'd love to see it!

Cheers!
    Rachel

I finished 6 of the 10 head blocks for my Silhouettes quilt. It all took longer than I anticipated--cutting out the fused black heads seemed to take forever. Hopefully I'll be able to get one done each day before I have to work. Sooo, next Sat. I'll be able to start on the sashing. Even though I didn't get them all done, I still made good progress, so I'm happy.

I needed Virtual Quilt Day so I didn't feel guilty not doing something that needed to be done.

Gonna read the Sun. paper & then to bed. I'm tired.

Keep on posting all your projects. We love seeing them.

Grandson's quilt top ready to sandwich tomorrow and then hand quilt~~ Have made a lot of progress on 6 quilted purses I am making..Now sitting watching the weather..We are unter severe thunderstorm warning and tornado warnngs..Better not blow away my house and ruin all the work I did today!! Of course living in a trailer makes me a tornado and UFO magnet LOL....Willl be sitting and cutting the battting for the final purse parts I will work on tomorrow..That is if Tropical Storm Debby allows me to get anything done!!

A little late, and no photo, but I got the quilt bound! My first continuous binding with-ta da!- mitered corners! Great day!
    ​tea

I didn't get as much done today as I hoped. In fact, I only worked on one project (rather than the 3 in my original post). But that's for a few reasons: made jam; took my kids to a movie; and decided to hand-stitch the binding on the placemats, rather than starting a new project. 3 mats done, one to go plus the runner.

I really want to finish the last 2 pieces, but I can barely keep my eyes open right now, so probably best to put it aside and avoid messing something up because I'm overtired. Back to work tomorrow, so it may be a few days before this project is completely done.
    Name:  P6240120_small.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  1,012.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Although I didn't finish quilting the sheep I did put the final borders on a flannel quilt I am making for a raffle to raise money for German Shorthair rescue next year (wow, for once I am way ahead of the deadline.) Tomorrow I hope to do the backing so I can pack it off to Charisma's son. Too tired tonight to take a photo...maybe in the morning.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

I met my goal! Top finished, sandwiched and quilted! I also attached the binding; i"ll finish hand sewing the binding this week. This quiltalong was great for me. It kept me coming back to the sewing room even though had to do some chores at the house. I loved the sharing and hear about the progress of your projects.
    Thanks all for sharing, I will definetively try again next month.
    I"ll post a pic tomorrow. I put the quilt on the family room floor and my quilt inspector when immediatelly to check it out. Ypu will see the pics tomorrow.
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

I'm a little late in posting my pics, but I got my mug rugs done!

First up is my sewing room:

My sewing room - 1 by clothdiapermom, on Flickr

My sewing room - 2 by clothdiapermom, on Flickr

The first mug rug - for an online friend who likes green

Mug rug 1 for swap by clothdiapermom, on Flickr

The second mug rug: front, then back. For an online friend who doesn't like flowers, purple or pink.

Mug rug 2 for swap by clothdiapermom, on Flickr

Back of mug rug 2 by clothdiapermom, on Flickr

Thanks for letting me share in this virtual quilting day!
    I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business. - Michael J. Fox

Kinda sorta QAYG. You piece the fronts, then add 5" fusible batting, then SID around the inner squares, add the backing, flip em right side out, sew circles together, then continuous quilt the whole thing. I think a bed size quilt would be quite a job without a long arm machine. I was just using the old Kenmore. I need to wash it and see what happens next.
    "When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do."

Blog Entries
    I didn't catch the notice for the quilt day until just now. . . . . but, I did finish my 'ugly quilt' yesterday and put the binding on and wash and dry it! This quilt 'began' 13 years ago when I turned 50. Mom sent out a letter secretly asking friends and family to send me 'ugly things' for my birthday. I began getting really funky things in the mail, it was a hoot! Mom's quilting group sent me pieces of ugly fabric wanting to see what I would do with it. I moved the fabric with me several times waiting for the 'right moment'. The moment finally came 13 years later! I am sorry my 'puter won't allow me to send pictures. . . . maybe someday. So in hindsight, I did join you and didn't even know it!
    Judith

QuiltinginSD: Your sewing room looks so neat. I'm envious.

Blog Entries
    Ok I am new to quilting and just finished my first quilt and gave it to my mother in-law.. It was different shades of purple she loved it. Love reading all the infor on the quilters board but all the quilting lingo is confusing because I just don't have it down yet. Could you guide me to a sight where I can get familar with the lingo. Thanks all

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kathbug View Post
    Ok I am new to quilting and just finished my first quilt and gave it to my mother in-law.. It was different shades of purple she loved it. Love reading all the infor on the quilters board but all the quilting lingo is confusing because I just don't have it down yet. Could you guide me to a sight where I can get familar with the lingo. Thanks all

Hi Kath,

Check this thread out. It's stickied in the Main Forum. Enjoy!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...s-t178507.html

I didn't see this until Monday morning. I couldn't machine sew since my machine was possessed on Friday night. I got up to iron and the needle was moving up and down by itself. I took it to the repair shop on Sat so it has been strange to be in my sewing room without my machine (I only have one). I have been throwing things away and putting other things in order. Today I think I am going to do some hand quilting and some cutting fabrics into strips to get ready for sewing quilt tops for my neices and nephews.

I will read through later to see how much everyone got done.

My goal is to finish cutting my next project, African theme for my brother. And trying to tackle another project if I accomplish my 1st goal for a break.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
    Since it is 9:30 PM here I just wanted to pop in and give everyone a date for our next Virtual Quilt Day. I am looking at July 15. Someone just remind me if I forget to do a reminder post that week, I can get pretty forgetful sometimes!!

If you are still sewing today, please keep the updates coming and if you finish any projects you started with us here, share a finished pic, we'd love to see it!

Cheers!
    Rachel
    someone else posted the last Sunday for each month and you're saying July 15th. Is this done twice a month? I want to participate next month so just need the correct date. thanks!
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

Quote Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
    someone else posted the last Sunday for each month and you're saying July 15th. Is this done twice a month? I want to participate next month so just need the correct date. thanks!
    Hmmm not sure who posted the last Sunday of each month, but I had been doing a little later in the month because of personal commitments and holidays in the last couple months, so maybe that's why they thought that. I kind of prefer the middle of the month personally. Because of holidays and the fact that my schedule is so up in the air being a work at home, homeschooling mama, I just set the date for the next event at the end of the day (So August's date will be set at the end of the day of the July event), so it will vary month to month, but I will aim for the middle of the month if I can. But I do a post a few days prior to the actual event to remind everyone so you can hopefully join me if you are free!! It's all very relaxed and easy going, kinda like me. So, for a very long answer to your very short question, yes, the next Virtual Quilt Day will be July 15.

Rachel

Is that hair on the ground? What breed of dog do you have? I assume you are referring to a dog (the all pedi was the hint,) but at first I thought it was maybe your child or grandchild.
    Kitsy

Blog Entries
    Hmmm not sure who posted the last Sunday of each month, but I had been doing a little later in the month because of personal commitments and holidays in the last couple months, so maybe that's why they thought that. I kind of prefer the middle of the month personally. Because of holidays and the fact that my schedule is so up in the air being a work at home, homeschooling mama, I just set the date for the next event at the end of the day (So August's date will be set at the end of the day of the July event), so it will vary month to month, but I will aim for the middle of the month if I can. But I do a post a few days prior to the actual event to remind everyone so you can hopefully join me if you are free!! It's all very relaxed and easy going, kinda like me. So, for a very long answer to your very short question, yes, the next Virtual Quilt Day will be July 15.

Rachel
    thanks for the correct date.
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G

Rachel
    I think it was me who said it was the last Sunday of the month (hasn't it been for the last couple of months? That's how long I've been around). Sorry if I confused people. I'll be there for the 15th (marking it on my calemdar as soon as I get off here). I got most of my project done Sunday. I'll take a picture of it & post ASAP.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    I think it was me who said it was the last Sunday of the month (hasn't it been for the last couple of months? That's how long I've been around). Sorry if I confused people. I'll be there for the 15th (marking it on my calemdar as soon as I get off here). I got most of my project done Sunday. I'll take a picture of it & post ASAP.
    no worries.....it's all good now
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G

Blog Entries
    Sorry I wasn't able to be here with you all last Sunday (Night here is Aussieland) for the virtual quilt along. My internet died on Friday night and only today have we been able to get it back on. 6 days without the internet!!!! Anyway just caught up with all your pics and will post some of mine tomorrow. I did actually sew!!! And I'll show you what I snacked on too Mmmm.
    Mrs B There is nothing that can't be improved with gold glitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6