Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!! >

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!!

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
Well, I didn't get anything done on my list except for shopping. I've been fighting off a flu bug and shopping wiped me out. Got home, ate lunch, and crashed on the couch. Stupid flu bug!!

I did manage to gripe at my husband enough about my design wall woes that he's going to let me poke holes in the wall, though. (He was sad to see it had all come down too, he's been unusually interested in this particular quilt design.) And I did find the fabric I need to border my one-block-wonder quilt. So not a COMPLETELY wasted day.
Why did you need his permission? Isn't it your wall, too?

Feel better!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:58 AM

Well I enjoyed being part of the QB VQD!! It was my 1st one. I managed to get the 2 mini quilts together and worked on handquilting the baby quilt. I know I had threaded each of the 3 needles twice during the time that I worked on it with the average thread length on 10" when knotted. I got 3 of waves done so that was more then my 6" goal. Yeah!!! Now I'm off to see how my layout is working for my son's quilt.

Tricia
Old 09-24-2012, 02:41 PM

I am so happy everyone got so much done!! Just a reminder, the date for the next one will be October 14. I am not sure if we will have a date in Nov or Dec because of the holidays. I know it's hard not to have a more consistent date for our VQDs, but I kinda just choose a date for the next VQD when the current one ends. I homeschool my son, work part time, and re-enact the Revolutionary War, so it's up in the air as to what I am doing on the weekends!! I try to choose a date mid-way through the month, but sometimes that won't work. But remember to save the date for October 14!! And someone will remind me to post a reminder at the beginning of that week, so hopefully you'll see that if you forget the date!!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 09-24-2012, 02:42 PM

Just finished making 2 insulated hot pads to match the table runners I made yesterday..2 christmas gifts done!! a table runner w/2 hot pads each!! Without everyone here today it was hard to work as productively as I did yesterday!! Now on to cutting out 2 purses for orders....Then on to working on the never ending hand quilting project..I swear this quilt grows larger when I am not looking!!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:43 PM

Before going to bed last night I sat down and quilted another 1/4th of my quilt. I probably should have quit while I was ahead, but it felt great to get so much done. :-)

This is my first attempt at FMQ a real top, but I think I like the looks of the back better.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sauki1 View Post
Hoping to work on my RR quilt and possibly finish clues 2 and 3 on my knit-a-long on Ravelry. I really would like to work on my Alzheimers quilt. But I think the Christmas presents will win out before I start that. Of course, all this is dependent on what the hubby has planned. Oh, and also how good the puppies are.
sauki, your avatar pic is hilarious. I'd love to try a wig on my little Chi!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 PM

So sorry I missed this VQD, but had fun reading all the posts and seeing the amazing work accomplished! I've marked my calendar for the next date on October 14th and hope to participate. We just moved from another state so there are still a few boxes to unpack and settling in . . . sure do miss my sewing & quilting!!! We also had an orange tabby - his name was Charlie - yes, he was like a little puppy dog always following me around and such a lovable rascal! Charlie left us almost 2 years ago but is still in our hearts - now is looking down from heaven.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
A few posts back, Rachael said Oct 14 for the next one. She usually sets a day for the next, when the current one is wrapping up. And then there's usually a reminder mid-week before the weekend starts.
I'll be in Upstate New York visiting my brother's family but maybe I'll be able to check in and see what everyone else is doing that day.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:36 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
Today is the day!! Today I am hosting a Virtual Quilt Day. There are no rules. Basically I started this because I was too lazy to lug my sewing machine to the local quilt store for an all day sew-in. So I decided to have a home sew in with all my friends through the internet!! Join in anytime you can today. All you have to do is come here when you start and tell us your goals, then through out the day check in and let us know how you are doing and leave encouragement for others! That's it!! If you can only join us for half a day, that's fine. If you are in a different time zone, that's fine. This is just a loose and fun thing!! I find it helps me to sew more if I am joined by so many other sewers as well!!

Okay so here are my goals for the day:

1. Paint a backdrop for taking pictures of my small projects
2. Put together at least 5 of my applique pattern blocks
3. Take pictures of said blocks

I made my goals pretty easy, so hopefully I'll have no trouble with them. Granted some is not actual quilting, but I have been wanting to make a cool backdrop for my blocks for a while now, so I figure today is a good day for that!!

So what are your goals for today?

Cheers!
Rachel
I have to work today, but I totally love your idea! Have fun and sew up a storm
Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Power Poster

Cool Blocks I made

Late but here are pictures of ther blocks I made.
I made three of each for nine total. I am swapping two sets out in a side swap and I am keeping 3 of them, one of each color way. I am very happy how they turned out and hope the recipients will like theirs.
Attached Thumbnails 015-custom-.jpg   017-custom-.jpg   018-custom-.jpg   021-custom-.jpg