Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!! >

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!!

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!!

Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 PM

Phew - what a day! slept in til 11, sewed the table runner together, took a nap when my hubby made me watch the football game with him, and I did get the baby quilt top put together:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]365120[/ATTACH]

I didn't get any scrap cutting done, but I'll have to do that during the week.
Attached Thumbnails baby.jpg  
Old 09-23-2012, 07:30 PM

Here it is...8:22 pm PST and I'm just seeing this thread. Though I didn't get any sewing done, I did sort through loads of stash; ironing, folding, labeling and photographing FQs and yardage I'll be selling once I meet my three month membership requirement on the board. I must say I had a great time even though I have to take frequent breaks due to a painful back condition. It's always fun to play with fabric. Even at REST, I was playing on Pinterest...looking for new ideas.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:16 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Well, it's 1:00 am and I got very little quilting done. Got up, had coffee, took some phone calls. Went to the LQS to get my BOM. Another 18x 36 block with 18 units. Got the patches cut and pinned to the units, but now sewn. Stopped at Joann's because the price on batting just could not be passed by. Bought four queen size W&N battings for about $44. Originally $35 apiece, so saved $100 over retail. Got some pink and blue FQ's for Ina's castle quilt at LQS,and some adorable penguin fabric. Stopped on the way in to put the garden to bed. Harvested all vegetable still on the plants, put all plants on the compost pile, took down and stored all plant supports, and put landscape fabric on the bed. Brought all stuff into the house. DH says, can we have French toast for dinner before I go play golf with Robert in 1/2 hour? So we had French toast for dinner. Washed and pressed the new fabric, cut the pieces for the PP BOM. Finished the trains quilt for Ina's little brother. He just started talking now because he got cochlear implants so he can finally hear. Ina says his favorite color is blue and he likes trains, so this is his quilt. It looks off square, but that is just the way it is on the floor and where I was standing.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:54 PM

I also virtually quilted with you but I couldn't keep checking back in during teh day to show you what I'd done or I wouldn't have gone back to sewing. Sorry.

I sewed from about 2-6 pm and I make some quilted hearts to add to a border, added them to a border, made some 2.5" squares (10x10) to help use up my 2.5" squares that have overrun m--that finished up all the big blocks that I need to do a QAYG using totally 2.5" squares.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:29 PM

Didn't get as much done as I expected but did finish 2 big Christmas Stockings. They are going to a group that will be filling them with goodies for soliders. Also sewed about 10 Halloween pillowcases for distribution to local hospital's children's sections. May in Jersey[ATTACH=CONFIG]365137[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails stockingsa.jpg  
Old 09-24-2012, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
Wow how time flies!! I was able to get 3 blocks finished and took a few pictures. Now I am off to write a few more patterns. I had a flurry of ideas yesterday and I want to get them made before I forget the idea.

Cheers!
Rachel
Rachel I love your blocks. We just got back from Disney World last month and dh had to have a mickey bar almost every day.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:55 AM

I didn't get much done but did hand quilt for about 2 hours and then started to watch the Emmy's with dh.

I loved the mystery quilt and printed out the pattern.

Glad to see all that got accomplised yesterday.

See you next month
Old 09-24-2012, 01:18 AM

Love the quilt, thanks for the link have downloaded and am planning to make this to donate to the heart ward of our local children's hospital.

Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
Got my mystery quilt finished. It is made with childrens fabrics and when quilted will go to Project Linus. It doesn't show up very well in the pic but I though it turned out wonderful. I may just make another one of these. Now I am done for the day.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by donac View Post
Rachel I love your blocks. We just got back from Disney World last month and dh had to have a mickey bar almost every day.
Our first trip to WDW was last September and I have been dreaming of going back!! I think the Mickey bar is just so iconic. I had fun drawing up the pattern for that one and I was impressed it came out so good when I did that test run!! My favorite part of my pattern is the little extra chocolate on the stick. LOL I booked us a room at WDW for Dec. 2013, and I have no way of paying for it right now, but I am hoping we will find a way before then!! LOL I would love to see WDW during Christmas!!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 09-24-2012, 02:25 AM

Didn't get to sew at all yesterday. After lunch, we visited the inlaws and then my mom. Then, went over to the garden property, picked strawberries, tomatoes and dug a hill of potatoes for supper, which we ate at 9:00 pm. I'm really tired today...don't want to go to work.