Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Connecting Threads - Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by deema
    I recently ordered the After Hours collection from Connecting Threads - it was my first order from them. The whole collection, for those who haven't seen it, is reds, whites, and blacks. Really beautiful collection, I ordered the FQ bundle and four 1/2 yard cuts from the collection, plus thread to match. Anyway, I received my order and wasn't I shocked to find a 1/2yrd cut of a blue batik!? A beautiful blue batik, I might add, but definitely not what I ordered, and it was "wearing" the sticker for a piece that I *did* order. Since the other fabric isn't "essential" to my project, I don't really have an issue with it, and I really like the blue batik, I decided to just stash the blue and pull something from my stash to replace the other. Not a huge deal, but I did want Connecting Threads to know that there was an error so I sent them an email, just to let them know. I told them that I was very pleased with my order, even the "mistake" turned out to be a pleasing one :lol: , and since the "replacement" isn't out of the realm of what I will use, it's not worth it to me to send it back and I'll stash it.

Well, I got a reply - they told me to keep the blue, but they are still sending me the fabric that was supposed to be, but wasn't, in my order! I definitely will be shopping with CT again, not only because of this, but as far as online shopping goes, I really enjoyed the whole experience with CT. I'm glad I ordered.

And hey...looks like I got a free blue batik! :lol:
    Yes, one time I ordered a collection of 1/2 yard cuts. When they came and I was refolding them to separate each one I found several 4 -6 in strips of some of the cuts. Well, I started grumbling to myself about how I was going to have to go through the hassle of contacting them, when I discovered there were full 1/2 cuts of the same pieces. So I assume they were ends of a bolt which they just added to my order rather then throw them out. And they are usable sizes too. I started "ungrumbling" real fast.
    Actually, yeah, I got one or two of those too!

I enjoy the shopping experience with them way to often.

Quote Originally Posted by prairiequeen
    I enjoy the shopping experience with them way to often.
    Bwahahahahahahaha! I strongly suspect I will too. :lol:

Blog Entries
    I order a lot of the fabric samplers from each new line from them. In most samplers there are extra half pieces. At first you may think you have been shorted but then realize you have been given extra. Don't hesitate to order the new batik line. It is gorgeous and excellent quality.

I love CT too!

And another thing I love about CT! I just got the confirmation email from them about sending me that fabric. I live in Canada, they sent me the first email telling me it was sent, then they sent me *another* email with a tracking number once it crossed the border. I made my first order on the 11th, and it got here on the 22nd, so a total of 7 business days. Fabulous communication and shipping!!

Blog Entries
    I have always had great customer service with Connecting Threads & I love their kits.

Judy in Michigan

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deema
    I recently ordered the After Hours collection from Connecting Threads - it was my first order from them. The whole collection, for those who haven't seen it, is reds, whites, and blacks. Really beautiful collection, I ordered the FQ bundle and four 1/2 yard cuts from the collection, plus thread to match. Anyway, I received my order and wasn't I shocked to find a 1/2yrd cut of a blue batik!? A beautiful blue batik, I might add, but definitely not what I ordered, and it was "wearing" the sticker for a piece that I *did* order. Since the other fabric isn't "essential" to my project, I don't really have an issue with it, and I really like the blue batik, I decided to just stash the blue and pull something from my stash to replace the other. Not a huge deal, but I did want Connecting Threads to know that there was an error so I sent them an email, just to let them know. I told them that I was very pleased with my order, even the "mistake" turned out to be a pleasing one :lol: , and since the "replacement" isn't out of the realm of what I will use, it's not worth it to me to send it back and I'll stash it.

Well, I got a reply - they told me to keep the blue, but they are still sending me the fabric that was supposed to be, but wasn't, in my order! I definitely will be shopping with CT again, not only because of this, but as far as online shopping goes, I really enjoyed the whole experience with CT. I'm glad I ordered.

And hey...looks like I got a free blue batik! :lol:
    I run the Hobby Shop program at the prison. Quilting is an approved hobby - it's an all MALE prison. Anyway, we have Connecting Threads as an approved vendor. They have always been most kind & helpful when I needed to talk to them.

One of our guild members ordered a couple of batik FQ samplers and there were several irregular pieced in amongst the FQ layers - extras.

Have loved their thread for several years and now love their batiks.

Blog Entries
    Good to know that the CT customer service is up to par!! I had a really disappointing experience in a similar situation with Hancocks of Paducah about two years ago. My mom ordered me two of the fat quarter packs of the Metro Blue collection by Marcus Brothers, it came uop as out of stock with an estimated ship date. When I finally got my package 2 of the 15 fabrics in the pack were from a totally different Marcus Brothers line and did not go at all with the collection I ordered. I contacted Hancocks and they put in an order for the missing fabrics at no charge - laughable - it will be two years in March and the order still shows as pending on their website. They will never again be my first choice for mail order!!

Blog Entries
    I had an error, with a sticker color on the f4 and they replaced it with the correct color and told me to keep the error also. Love their fabric and service, and their prices and the greatest.

With all the "talk" about them and a blog post from Crazy Mom Quilts I decided to try them out. I am going to place an order when my debit card recovers from my Black Friday trip to Joann this morning.

I have had good experiences with them as well. I won't hesitate to continue ordering from them.

I have had good experiences with them as well. I won't hesitate to continue ordering from them.

I order a lot from them and I also received my latest order today.....I am doing the happy dance!

I have read on this board that so many quilters like CT thread. I have been a huge fan of Aurifil for years, but I think I'll give CT thread a try. If it's anything like their fabric and kits, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Blog Entries
    You simply cannot beat the great customer service at CT! I never hesitate to order from them or to recommend them. And I really love their thread (and so do my 2 machines!!!!). :thumbup:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2