Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Considering Quilting Vacation

I must admit the Texas one you posted sounds fun.

Blog Entries
    I'd vote for the cruise. You will be with many other quilters and no DH or other to drag along so you won't feel alone unless you want to be. My guild has two retreats a year and they are a lot of fun but the cruise is much nicer to feel like a real vacation.
    Last edited by BellaBoo; 05-13-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Got fabric?

We have a nice house that we found for rent at the beach for retreats. It is very reasonable, three blocks from the water but not on stilts (good for folks that don't enjoy steps). Equipped with lots of on hand supplies including an accu go cutter. Close to everything but tucked back in a beautiful section of the bogue banks (outer banks) of NC. I think they have a 3 day/4 person minimum. Great lighting, accommodations, well equipped kitchen, beautifully landscaped lot. Just hard to describe such a pretty area. Very private and quiet. Seems like the rate was 40 to 50 per day per person. Great way to retreat and have access to the beach for morning walks or a break to stretch your muscles!

If you go on a cruise, all cabins are priced for double occupancy. So, if you want to stay by yourself, you would pay for 2 people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2